Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan Horstons school announcement tomorrow. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan Horstons school announcement tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm quite certain the staff had nothing to do with it*. He might have come down cause they have a relationship, and never get together now that he's in Boston. idk
*if they did, they'd be looking at recruiting violations. would rather not perpetuate that meme, given one schools penchant for acting on internet rumors.
Not so sure about this being a violation. Napheesa and Megan recently worked out with Kobe.
Haliey Van Lith recently attended camp with Jamal Crawford.
Azzi Fudd and Cameron Brink were the only two WBB players to be invited to Steph Curry camp.
Kyrie would have to be considered a UCONN boosters for there to be a potential issue.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not so sure about this being a violation. Napheesa and Megan recently worked out with Kobe.
Haliey Van Lith recently attended camp with Jamal Crawford.
Azzi Fudd and Cameron Brink were the only two WBB players to be invited to Steph Curry camp.

It's definitely a violation if Geno or whomever invited him down. As I said, KO is in trouble with the NCAA right now for similar but lesser charge (among other things).

It's one of those 'booster' rules and/or 'recruit/athletes being provided things that all other students are not'.

There are no violations for attending any BBall camps. And current players are allowed to work out with whomever they want, as long as it's not arranged/organized through the school/program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's definitely a violation if Geno or whomever invited him down. As I said, KO is in trouble with the NCAA right now for similar but lesser charge (among other things).
It's one of those 'booster' rules and/or 'if a recruit/athlete is provided things that all other students would not get.
There are no violations for attending any BBall camps. And current players are allowed to work out with whomever they want, as long as it's not arranged/organized through the school/program.
No. Geno can invite whoever he wants to campus, for what ever reason. The NCAA would have to prove that Geno invited Kyrie to campus for the express purpose of helping him recruit. Geno doesn't need Kyrie to help him recruit. Last year Azzi fudd "ran into" Dick Vitale and Skylar Diggins while on an unofficial visit to ND=no violation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No. Geno can invite whoever he wants to campus, for what ever reason. The NCAA would have to prove that Geno invited Kyrie to campus for the express purpose of helping him recruit. Geno doesn't need Kyrie to help him recruit. Last year Azzi fudd "ran into" Dick Vitale and Skylar Diggins while on an unofficial visit to ND=no violation.

You oughta inform KO's legal team because that will be one less thing he has to worry about. He didn't have Ray nor Rudy recruit the kids. But since they are considered boosters, the NCAA is charging him with it.

Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

It's at the NCAAs discretion if they want to investigate or not. This particular thing is a very thin line which schools walk. UK on the men's side has been told to cease and desist with contact with Drake and Jay Z for this very reason. So you can be as confident as you want, but that won't stop the NCAA from doing what they want. They have become more strict against these sorts of practices in recent years, especially on the mens side. As UCONN women have such a high profile, I'm sure they appear on the NCAAs radar more often than most WCBB teams.

Slightly unrelated, the fact that they investigated and ruled against Maya Moore for an ESPN tour, should give people pause. That was done to placate TN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that it was a joke by her friend but her friend associating her decision with Kyrie Irving knowing the association he has with Geno and Sue Bird bodes well for UConn I think....CW admitted after her decision that her best friends knew before the event so they could coordinate the husky. I bet Horston's best friends know and that was a clue whether intended or not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You oughta tell KO's legal team because that will be one less thing he has to worry about. He didn't have Ray nor Rudy recruit the kids. But since they are considered boosters, the NCAA is charging him with it.

Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

It's at the NCAAs discretion if they want to investigate or not. This particular thing is a very thin line which schools walk. UK on the men's side has been told to cease and desist with contact with Drake and Jay Z for this very reason. So you can be as confident as you want, but that won't stop the NCAA from doing what they want. The fact that they investigated and ruled against Maya Moore for an ESPN tour, should give people pause. That was done to placate TN.
IDK KO's legal team. Ray and Rudy both attended UCONN. UCONN violation regarding Maya (ESPN) tour was a secondary violation for the UCONN staff making a phone call to arrange the tour.

Kyrie would have to be considered a UCONN boosters for there to be a potential issue.

Reaction Score
Don't forget how close the relationship between Kyrie Irving and Sue Bird is. :D:D:D

Also Kyrie is again making sense since he has now removed himself from the flat earth theory. ;););)

How Sue Bird and Kyrie Irving became basketball’s best point guard friendship

He did't stay he changed his position on the subject. He just apologized for making his option public and now thinks that type of things should be discussed in private.

"Even if you believe in that, don't come out and say that stuff. That's for intimate conversations because perception and how you're received, it changes. I'm actually a smart-ass individual," he said.

"At the time I didn't realize the effect. I was definitely at that time, 'I'm a big conspiracy theorist. You can't tell me anything.' I'm sorry about all that. For all the science teachers, everybody coming up to me like, 'You know I have to reteach my whole curriculum!' I'm sorry. I apologize. I apologize," he said.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
IDK KO's legal team. Ray and Rudy both attended UCONN. UCONN violation regarding Maya (ESPN) tour was a secondary violation for the UCONN staff making a phone call to arrange the tour.

Anybody can be considered a booster*. Hence why the language says "Only institutional staff members" and "prohibit anyone else from contacting". The language is very broad on purpose, and used on a case by case basis.

I can guarantee if it got out that Geno called Kyrie to meet with a recruit on UCONN's campus, other schools would be up in arms. And the NCAA would stick their nose in and sniff around.

I put the Maya thing in there, but it was the school offering a benefit to a recruit that the rest of the regular students would not receive. And in this case, the rest of the students don't get to meet Kyrie at a request from Geno.

*Kyrie would trip the wire on any of these three booster definitions:
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He did't stay he changed his position on the subject. He just apologized for making his option public and now thinks that type of things should be discussed in private.

"Even if you believe in that, don't come out and say that stuff. That's for intimate conversations because perception and how you're received, it changes. I'm actually a smart-ass individual," he said.

"At the time I didn't realize the effect. I was definitely at that time, 'I'm a big conspiracy theorist. You can't tell me anything.' I'm sorry about all that. For all the science teachers, everybody coming up to me like, 'You know I have to reteach my whole curriculum!' I'm sorry. I apologize. I apologize," he said.

Ok. I am not sure what that means if he wants to troll the whole world on purpose or if he really believes it.
Anyhow, as long as he doesent say a basketball is flat.

Reaction Score
TitleTown was right

Attachments

• 5E862705-67E5-4997-A4C4-539EF2A262F9.png
    5E862705-67E5-4997-A4C4-539EF2A262F9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Reaction Score
I agree that it was a joke by her friend but her friend associating her decision with Kyrie Irving knowing the association he has with Geno and Sue Bird bodes well for UConn I think....CW admitted after her decision that her best friends knew before the event so they could coordinate the husky. I bet Horston's best friends know and that was a clue whether intended or not.

Horston's friend probably has NO idea that Irving and Coach Auriemma even know each other! They most likely just picked a random, popular player, and Irving was it. I think we are all looking for signs that really aren't there.

Reaction Score
Or maybe he’s probably included in a video clip hanging with the girls on the visit. No more no less?!?! We’ll see tomorrow!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Horston's friend probably has NO idea that Irving and Coach Auriemma even know each other! They most likely just picked a random, popular player, and Irving was it. I think we are all looking for signs that really aren't there.

I don't think Irving is random--Horston seems enamored with him as do quite a few of the high school players, Paige Bueckers being another. But I agree with the rest.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I saw Oxygen--it's green and I have photographed my thoughts; unfortunately, they are covered with muck and meyer (you know how that goes) Ok so it's the bottle the oxygen is in I saw--at least I didn't say blue or orange (boom)
This is the only Oxygen I saw and it was clear, boring and repetitive.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

It's tough learning your head is flat instead of the earth. If his wallet were flatter we would never have noticed the comments.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anybody can be considered a booster*. Hence why the language says "Only institutional staff members" and "prohibit anyone else from contacting". The language is very broad on purpose, and used on a case by case basis.

I can guarantee if it got out that Geno called Kyrie to meet with a recruit on UCONN's campus, other schools would be up in arms. And the NCAA would stick their nose in and sniff around.

I put the Maya thing in there, but it was the school offering a benefit to a recruit that the rest of the regular students would not receive. And in this case, the rest of the students don't get to meet Kyrie at a request from Geno.

*Kyrie would trip the wire on any of these three booster definitions:
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
I hate that you keep making me repeat myself but for the second time:
The NCAA would have to prove that Geno invited Kyrie to campus for the express purpose of helping him recruit. Geno doesn't need Kyrie to help him recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom