Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan Horstons school announcement tomorrow. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan Horstons school announcement tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find it almost impossible to believe Kyrie Irving is going to be there! I think it was a joke by one of her friends, the whole "give the 5 dollars to me" part didn't alert anybody? Irving also has an 8 o'clock game tonight in Boston, there is NO way he is getting up that early to fly and watch a HS girl commit!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm quite certain the staff had nothing to do with it*. He probably came down cause they have a relationship, and never get together now that he's in Boston.

*if they did, they'd be looking at recruiting violations. would rather not perpetuate that meme, given one schools penchant for acting on internet rumors.
What exactly is the recruiting violation if the staff coordinated a visit between Irving and Horston? They do it all the time with UConn alums like DT, Rebecca, Maya and others. All that it would signify is that Irving would be a "booster" for UConn Athletics, and there is nothing that prohibits that in the NCAA rulebook.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
see I don’t let this whole sports thing control who I’m friends with if they are ladyvol fans that’s fine it don’t bother me
Yea, that's bad. Very bad.

And it shouldn't control you, you should control it.

I guess some of us just have more respect for ourselves than to be canoodling with such people.

Reaction Score
was Thinking the same thing‍♂️
your a Tennessee troll on a UCONN board. All u talk is Tennessee like u have inside info.. and her friend.. no one knows and trust me only people who know are her family and coaches. Like I said she ends up at Tennessee she will not be developed .. UCONN is the place if she wants to be coached by the best. Not to mention the players she will be playing with. But who am I to speculate. But go to tenneseee and not get coached and under achieve .. Holly’s record speaks for itself. If I was my speculation it would be UCONN or SC.

Reaction Score
And who cares who shows up I’m sure her mind was made up already and if it’s basketball and development she’s looking for in a coach and program then it’s a easy choice....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What exactly is the recruiting violation if the staff coordinated a visit between Irving and Horston? They do it all the time with UConn alums like DT, Rebecca, Maya and others. All that it would signify is that Irving would be a "booster" for UConn Athletics, and there is nothing that prohibits that in the NCAA rulebook.

Not allowed to do that even with former players anymore. They are considered boosters. Kevin Ollie on the men's side is in trouble with the NCAA, one violation of which is simply arranging phone calls between a recruit and Ray Allen and Rudy Gay.

They have to be 'randomly' on campus. ie spending the summer training there or what have you.

Reaction Score
And I would rather land Jones and Boston. Boston is the must get.. and don’t sleep on griffin.. she could end up being the sleeper out of the class. Pure athlete like gabby and Kalana Greene type player. UCONN will land a monster class in 2020.. that class is loaded. UCONN has nothing to worry about.. when u have the best coach to ever coach the game UCONN will be just fine.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
MYERS: And you need A friend.
Poor Meyers! Not sure why Winlots is so tough on him. Seemed to me to be said facetiously. Some of us will still tolerate you even if you tease a bit. Or is everyone in the thread having us on? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Did he fully remove himself or did he just shave some of that hair off of his shirt? Saying he wanted to have an open discussion about the shape of the earth is like saying lets open up a discussion about whether we really breathe oxygen since no can actually see it, or if thoughts are really in our heads since no one has ever seen or photographed one.
I saw Oxygen--it's green and I have photographed my thoughts; unfortunately, they are covered with muck and meyer (you know how that goes) Ok so it's the bottle the oxygen is in I saw--at least I didn't say blue or orange (boom)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not allowed to do that even with former players anymore. They are considered boosters. Kevin Ollie on the men's side is in trouble with the NCAA, one violation of which is simply arranging phone calls between a recruit and Ray Allen and Rudy Gay.

They have to be 'randomly' on campus. ie spending the summer training there or what have you.
I just reviewed the rules and I stand corrected. We'll just say that Kyrie happened to be in the neighborhood the other day when Horston was is town...:rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I saw Oxygen--it's green and I have photographed my thoughts; unfortunately, they are covered with muck and meyer (you know how that goes) Ok so it's the bottle the oxygen is in I saw--at least I didn't say blue or orange (boom)
B'way. Is there a slur on our Arsenal guy going on here? Or is there merely a spelling error. Conflation of "muck and mire" with muck and meyers? The guy is taking a beating in this thread! ;);)

Reaction Score
I can’t see Horston going t Tennessee because where will she play? Westbrook and Green is the starting back court for the next few years, at Uconn she could be in position like Williams this season and slide into the spot Lou will be leaving behind

Dangerfield
Williams
Horston
Walker
ONO could well be the starting 5 next year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Time to read the Tea Leaves on this one:
  • Irving and Geno have a very good relationship
  • Irving takes time out from his preseason schedule to be on campus during Horston's official visit to UConn last weekend
  • Irving flies to Columbus to be in attendance when Horston makes her announcement tomorrow
:):):):):)

Good obs OD. If one takes note of all the bullet points you stated, and had to make a prediction, it would be she's coming to Storrs.

I'm not a weatherman, but it appears to me like the "winds of good tidings" have shifted, and are blowing in UConn's direction once again. Keep hope alive. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
B'way. Is there a slur on our Arsenal guy going on here? Or is there merely a spelling error. Conflation of "muck and mire" with muck and meyers? The guy is taking a beating in this thread! ;);)
No Sir-No Slur--Me and Muck are friends.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Don't know Muck. Sounds like an earthy wastrel to me! :p

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I'm feeling more confident by the minute....
I've learned to trust in the 'dude's old bamboo bones and the Kyrie Irving connection is intriguing. Or it could be the 'dude's arthritis is acting up again and it just means it's going to rain tomorrow?
On the other paw, if Horston does choose UConn, I'll be channeling an even more significant Irving (Berlin) and chortling his "It's a Lovely Day Today." Fingers and piano strings crossed.

Reaction Score
'
[
Even if you don't like me--there is no need to call me and "Arsenal"!!

Reaction Score
Good obs OD. If one takes note of all the bullet points you stated, and had to make a prediction, it would be she's coming to Storrs.

I'm not a weatherman, but it appears to me like the "winds of good tidings" have shifted, and are blowing in UConn's direction once again. Keep hope alive. :cool:
Scoop--Keep the good thoughts!. If the fortune of Geno along with his tidings remain good--he will get a BIG who can do the job needed to be done.

Reaction Score

This is all based on the fact that people believe Kyrie Irving is going to be at Horston's ceremony, HE'S NOT!!! I can't believe how many people believed an instagram post by one of her friends that was meant as a JOKE!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Poor Meyers! Not sure why Winlots is so tough on him. Seemed to me to be said facetiously. Some of us will still tolerate you even if you tease a bit. Or is everyone in the thread having us on? :rolleyes:

Once, I bought Myers the rib plate, with a full rack, at Bokamper's....and I watched him eat the whole thing. I'm a true friend...!! :D:cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Scoop--Keep the good thoughts!. If the fortune of Geno along with his tidings remain good--he will get a BIG who can do the job needed to be done.

I have a feeling the basketball Gods are going to smile brightly on UConn over the next 45 days.

Reaction Score
Once, I bought Myers the rib plate at Bokamper's....and I watched him eat the whole thing. I'm a true friend...!! :D:cool:

The real question is ---did he eat any food?? A real friend would have put something on the plate. Nice to see you posting. I'm still waiting for a D.I.N test. If only you were my math teacher in high school; I cuda been a contender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom