Kyle Vinales | The Boneyard

Kyle Vinales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is transferring out of CCSU. Supposedly is a high D-1 talent. Anybody know where he's headed?

He could be good enough to start for UConn, but, with Purvis in the fold, I don't want us to turn into transfer city.

Reaction Score
I know Vinales and he does not know where he is going. I've been to 6 of 7 of his games this year. Averaged around 22 ppg. He is definitely a high major talent. Very under recruited obviously since he's playing at CCSU. Finished in the top 5 in the country in scoring this year I'm pretty sure. He could have scored more if he had better team mates and was not doubled constantly. Pure scorer.

Reaction Score
I know he's a streaky shooter and would get more open looks surrounded by scorers, shooters. Question is his ability to handle the ball. Didn't see him enough but I don't think he's 6'1"either, more like Bazz and 5'11..........but he can get it going..........

One transfer is enough I believe........need to use the scholly's on the young kids building the program.......Purvis is a treat of a transfer!!

Reaction Score
This kid is transferring out of CCSU. Supposedly is a high D-1 talent. Anybody know where he's headed?

He could be good enough to start for UConn, but, with Purvis in the fold, I don't want us to turn into transfer city.

I've seen him play twice the last two years. I was not impressed at all when I saw him play, considering all the hype. He had two bad games, takes a ton of shots, and pretty much plays out of control. Not a high D1 prospect in my opinion. On a side note, what is Howie doing at Central. They have not had a good team in quite a while, and every year it seems they lose at least two players to transfer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
High volume shooter and plays well against low talent. When he played against Indiana and got shut down completely. Same thing happened against other decent teams.

Reaction Score
High volume shooter and plays well against low talent. When he played against Indiana and got shut down completely. Same thing happened against other decent teams.

That doesn't mean anything though. Indiana can focus on shutting him down because CCSU doesn't have another elite player. On a good team, where his teammates are a threat, he'll be more effective against better talent.

Reaction Score

Appearently, he has not mentioned any schools, and Howie was shocked at his decision to transfer. You wonder why he was leaving, unless he thought he could make it at a high D-1 program.

Reaction Score
Appearently, he has not mentioned any schools, and Howie was shocked at his decision to transfer. You wonder why he was leaving, unless he thought he could make it at a high D-1 program.

The Hartford Courant ran this story:
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-kyle-vinales-0419-20130418,0,6670771.story

Basically he wants a chance at playing in the NCAA tournament & to play against better competition. Can't knock a guy for wanting to get to the tournament & facing tougher competition. Hopefully he's able to do that.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have seen him play a couple of times. I would not think he would be a good fit for UConn. Took a ton of shots and seemed a little out of control to me. The type of guy that scores 22 to 25 points but takes half his teams shots. I would be surprised if a high major takes him. Very very happy to have Purvis instead of Vinales.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree, but why go to CCSU in the first place? Maybe he's beginning to realize he's better than he thought?

It was his only D-I offer.

I've seen him play dozens of times. I don't see how he helps a high major much. He absolutely fills it up in the NEC - but even at that level his streakiness is frustrating.

He absolutely drives people crazy on other teams. Very confident and talks a ton of trash. A fun player to watch and an electric scorer but I don't think he's going to be a starter at a high major.

Reaction Score
He's a 37% shooter from 3 and 43% overall...........not bad but again maybe with a better surrounding cast he can have the space to get more open looks rather than be the guy with the bullseye for the defense!

Hope he does well......good luck to him.....feel bad for Howie though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer