Kyle Filipowski throat punched during game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kyle Filipowski throat punched during game

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Krzyzewski would have played the game under protest and the ACC review would award Duke two wins.

Reaction Score
It's a foul. Simple as that. Intent doesn't matter. With that being said, it's Duke --- it's about time some calls don't go their way.
It would have gone Duke’s way if K was still coaching

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why does anyone have the impression that intent matters? You can’t unintentionally punch someone in the throat…

Reaction Score
You can't see his hand at all. I have no idea how hard he was hit, but his head doesn't move until well after the contact is over.
I feel like you’re gaslighting me. There’s just no way someone can look at that video of his throat rippling (and there is an initial physical response from his head before the bigger response) and say there wasn’t sufficient contact to warrant that response.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The best angle I've seen to dispel the absurd notion that he was selling it and the reaction wasn't warranted.

@HuskyHawk any thoughts?
From that angle, it actually looks like a flagrant 2, but I'll stick with my initial assessment that he was hit in the throat and not the head by someone intending to throw a punch, just not intending to throw it to hit a player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why does anyone have the impression that intent matters? You can’t unintentionally punch someone in the throat…
No, no, apparently you can.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You think the direct punch to his throat was a “glancing blow” and he was flopping? Well, that’s a take.

Yeah, If anything Filipowski no sold a pretty brutal (unintentional, but brutal) shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom