2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Cuffe Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Cuffe Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

No UConn
All indications are that we’re eyeing Floyd and DCling. We should only have a couple departures. This couod potentially be a smaller class.

Reaction Score
All indications are that we’re eyeing Floyd and DCling. We should only have a couple departures. This couod potentially be a smaller class.
Interesting, I always assumed this was gonna be a big class. Adams, Cole, Martin are very likely gone unless they want to play a 5th year and seems like 2 of Jackson/Akok/Sanogo could be gone too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting, I always assumed this was gonna be a big class. Adams, Cole, Martin are very likely fine unless they want to play a 5th year and seems like 2 of Jackson/Akok/Sanogo could be gone too

My guess is it’s 4 with a potential late add in the spring, which could be a transfer. I think we’re looking at DC, 2 guards, and a combo forward type who can shoot. It does seem as if our guard choices have started to narrow down though, which should show you where are priorities lie.

Reaction Score
My guess is it’s 4 with a potential late add in the spring, which could be a transfer.
just to clarify- do you mean a potential grad transfer to replace bouk? that would get us to 4 departures in 2022 (cole, adams, martin, grad transfer) if we're assuming akok, AJ, and sanogo all stick around

with the extra year of eligibility idk how we can try to predict who stay and goes anymore

Last edited:
Reaction Score
just to clarify- do you mean a potential grad transfer to replace bouk? that would get us to at least 4 departures in 2022 (cole, adams, martin, grad transfer) assuming akok, AJ, and sanogo all stick around

No, I was referring to 2022, but that could also be the case this year...so we may end up replacing the 3 seniors, a grad transfer who could theoretically take Bouk’s scholarship this year, and then maybe 1 more opening up.

I also wouldn’t rule out a reclass taking Bouk’s scholarship (although I have no idea at this point who could potentially reclass of the guys we are recruiting), and if this is the case, we’d only have to replace the 3 seniors and then could potentially have another open up in the spring of ‘22.

Reaction Score
No, I was referring to 2022, but that could also be the case this year
hmm ok. curious why you are predicting a spring add in 2022 then? who's the potential lotto pick on the team next season like bouk this season?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
seems like 2 of Jackson/Akok/Sanogo could be gone too
Ya think? I don't see Jackson or Sanogo as one and done. Maybe Akok if he had a big jump this year, but he's still working his way back to health. Jackson maybe, but I see him on more of a Bouknight trajectory.

Reaction Score
hmm ok. curious why you are predicting a spring add in 2022 then? who's the potential lotto pick on the team next season like bouk this season?

I’m just saying there’s that possibility. A lot of things could happen.

Reaction Score
Ya think? I don't see Jackson or Sanogo as one and done. Maybe Akok if he had a big jump this year, but he's still working his way back to health. Jackson maybe, but I see him on more of a Bouknight trajectory.
This is for 2022 so those guys would be 2 and done, which is why I assume Jackson will be gone. I think he's on the Bouknight path, and hopefully Hawkins right behind him

Reaction Score
My guess is it’s 4 with a potential late add in the spring, which could be a transfer. I think we’re looking at DC, 2 guards, and a combo forward type who can shoot. It does seem as if our guard choices have started to narrow down though, which should show you where are priorities lie.
I like Yann Farrell for 2022. Idk who will be the 4th player but Floyd, Yann, DC are top 3. Maybe Avery Brown idk though.

Reaction Score
Interesting, I always assumed this was gonna be a big class. Adams, Cole, Martin are very likely gone unless they want to play a 5th year and seems like 2 of Jackson/Akok/Sanogo could be gone too
Lil Sool working in the background for 2022/2023 classes.. Roster construction and PT will be DH's biggest challenge now that talent level is so high/deep.. 2020 eligibility rules will also affect roster movement.. I think 2022 roster needs could be slightly bigger than Navery thinks.. Reading tea leaves..Time will tell..

Reaction Score

No UConn

Not surprised. Corey Floyd Jr. seems to have moved up on our list and showed well at the Slam 16. Seems we backed off on Gayle (invisible at the Slam) and likely did the same with Cuffe, and there could be Justice in that.

Reaction Score
Not surprised. Corey Floyd Jr. seems to have moved up on our list and showed well at the Slam 16. Seems we backed off on Gayle (invisible at the Slam) and likely did the same with Cuffe, and there could be Justice in that.
Floyd was quoted as saying (around the time of the Slam).. That he was told by UConn's staff(during the recruiting process) he was UConn's #1 guard target... Before Gayle/Cuffe announcements.. Tea leaves..

Reaction Score
Never all in on PC Insiders.. Nice to Hear.. If you know what I'm sayin'.. Corey knows what's goin on in Storrs..

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
A couple of Rivals futurecasts to Kansas for Mr. Cuffe

Reaction Score
A couple of Rivals futurecasts to Kansas for Mr. Cuffe
thought he and his pal avery brown (who are both pals with clingan) werent good enough for us? whatever hurley thinks is best of course. just seems that from the outside it appears he could be making his life easier re landing clingan. cuffe is gonna wind up in the top 100 and brown is the quintessential savvy borderline 4* BE guard that wins a chip as a senior. woulda been happy with both these guys even if clingan hadnt specifically mentioned wanting to play with them in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So we're never gonna get over the yearly panic and questioning of Hurley are we? Thought we might have finally learned after this year
who's panicking? i just reaffirmed that i trust in whatever dear leader thinks is best....am i about to be disappeared in the middle of the night and sent to re-education camp for saying something that could be interpreted as mildly critical of dear leader?

Reaction Score
who's panicking? i just reaffirmed that i trust in whatever dear leader thinks is best....am i about to be disappeared in the middle of the night and sent to re-education camp for saying something that could be interpreted as mildly critical of dear leader?
Let’s just take any possible top 100 recruit in all of New England and neglect all other areas to get other ct recruits to want to come here

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we backed off once Kansas got involved. The kid is very good, anyone who's watched him knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom