2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Cuffe Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Cuffe Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder how much, if any Impact Norm Roberts has on the Cuffe Jr recruitment? Roberts has been an assistant at Kansas for a while now. Cuffe Sr obviously played at St John’s, but he graduated prior to Norm becoming the HC in the spring of 2004. IDK how close Cuffe Sr was with the program after he graduated? But maybe that connection has something to do with it...

Reaction Score
Let’s just take any possible top 100 recruit in all of New England and neglect all other areas to get other ct recruits to want to come here
i literally said i'd have liked cuffe (ranked higher and plays the same position as floyd) even if he wasnt friends with clingan... and clingan isnt just any other ct recruit lol he's the biggest in state recruit since camby and drummond. so what's my punishment for speaking out against dear leader? you'd have made a great officer for the SS. heil hurley!

Reaction Score
Yes, if they're seriously pursuing.
Why? What kind of defeatist attitude is that? Is that what you think Hurley is about? Did Calhoun back off when Kansas came after A.J. Price? Unless Cuffe told Hurley don't bother because he wasn't interested, I'd be surprised, no I'd be disappointed, if Hurley backed off if he liked Cuffe just because Kansas was recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Hurley has every expectation that he will recruit against Kansas, North Carolina and others and win some of those battles. He’s a Big East purist that believes the conference is a basketball utopia and that UConn is the mother ship. That’s why he’s here. He’ll recruit against anybody for a guy he wants. His success so far should tell you all you need to know. He’s recruiting great and he hasn’t even had a 20 win season yet.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why? What kind of defeatist attitude is that? Is that what you think Hurley is about? Did Calhoun back off when Kansas came after A.J. Price? Unless Cuffe told Hurley don't bother because he wasn't interested, I'd be surprised, no I'd be disappointed, if Hurley backed off if he liked Cuffe just because Kansas was recruiting him.
The kid is already getting crystal balls to Kansas. I'm sure Hurley knew he's not competing with them for recruits, as of right now, he's not Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Hurley has every expectation that he will recruit against Kansas, North Carolina and others and win some of those battles. He’s a Big East purist that believes the conference is a basketball utopia and that UConn is the mother ship. That’s why he’s here. He’ll recruit against anybody for a guy he wants. His success so far should tell you all you need to know. He’s recruiting great and he hasn’t even had a 20 win season yet.
Hurley for president......lmao

Reaction Score
Hurley for president......lmao

It’s true. He thinks all these kids should want to play in the Big East and that UConn is the biggest brand there. He does not see limitations on who he can recruit. It is why he took the job. So far, so good.

Reaction Score
The kid is already getting crystal balls to Kansas. I'm sure Hurley knew he's not competing with them for recruits, as of right now, he's not Jim Calhoun.
Well I'm glad Hurley doesn't have your attitude.

No crystal ball picks on 247Sports.

2 total future picks on Rivals and both for Kansas.

Yup, forget it don't recruit the kid because he has 2 picks for Kansas. LOL

He may love Kansas and end up there. He may have told Hurley he has no interest in UConn and they stopped recruiting him. The UConn staff may have not been interested in him. But there's no way if the UConn staff was seriously targeting him they stopped recruiting him just because Kansas got involved. Do you really believe that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well I'm glad Hurley doesn't have your attitude.

No crystal ball picks on 247Sports.

2 total future picks on Rivals and both for Kansas.

Yup, forget it don't recruit the kid because he has 2 picks for Kansas. LOL

He may love Kansas and end up there. He may have told Hurley he has no interest in UConn and they stopped recruiting him. The UConn staff may have not been interested in him. But there's no way if the UConn staff was seriously targeting him they stopped recruiting him just because Kansas got involved. Do you really believe that?

I think UConn backed off him well before Kansas ever even reached out to him. Cuffe is trying to transition to point guard, UConn has it's point guard for the future in Rahsool.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
True, Hurley definitely can't compete with Kansas for recruits

I thought it was acknowledged back then that it was really between us and A&M? I'm too lazy to go back and check, but do you remember? I'm pretty sure we knew Brown was a backup option for Kansas, who got Gethro Muscadin that class, who was higher rated than Brown, if my memory serves correct.

Reaction Score
I thought it was acknowledged back then that it was really between us and A&M? I'm too lazy to go back and check, but do you remember? I'm pretty sure we knew Brown was a backup option for Kansas, who got Gethro Muscadin that class, who was higher rated than Brown, if my memory serves correct.
Nah, Javonte was ranked higher than Muscadin and none of this matters, we weren't seriously pursuing Cuffe for a long time.

Reaction Score
IIRC they still wanted Brown after they got Muscadin but said something along the lines of they might recruit over him with Isaiah Todd

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
It’s true. He thinks all these kids should want to play in the Big East and that UConn is the biggest brand there. He does not see limitations on who he can recruit. It is why he took the job. So far, so good.
Yup beating out Nova for lil sool exemplifies this as well.

Reaction Score
who's panicking? i just reaffirmed that i trust in whatever dear leader thinks is best....am i about to be disappeared in the middle of the night and sent to re-education camp for saying something that could be interpreted as mildly critical of dear leader?

Only if you're a Uighur. Sales are up and Nike needs more workers.......... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I wonder how much, if any Impact Norm Roberts has on the Cuffe Jr recruitment? Roberts has been an assistant at Kansas for a while now. Cuffe Sr obviously played at St John’s, but he graduated prior to Norm becoming the HC in the spring of 2004. IDK how close Cuffe Sr was with the program after he graduated? But maybe that connection has something to do with it...

It seems Roberts has been a key guy in their recruiting for some time so he could have/has a lot of impact.

Reaction Score
he's a 5'11 combo guard. It's amazing we still have people questioning Hurley and staff's recruiting.
i havent seen him listed other than 6'2 but if true that's a fair point and one i appreciate being pointed out. same with him wanting to transition to PG which would certainly be a deal breaker.

but this blanket restriction on "questioning Hurley" is fascist (heil hurley!). especially when i wasn't questioning him so much as expressing a legitimate preference to floyd. you can look back at my entire post history and you'd see this is as borderline critical as i've ever been towards him. but even still i wont be surprised if he lands two guards better than cuffe and brown PLUS clingan. i will forever remain loyal to dear leader!

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i havent seen him listed other than 6'2 but if true that's a fair point and one i appreciate being pointed out. same with him wanting to transition to PG which would certainly be a deal breaker.

but this blanket restriction on "questioning Hurley" is fascist (heil hurley!). especially when i wasn't questioning him so much as expressing a legitimate preference to floyd. you can look back at my entire post history and you'd see this is as borderline critical as i've ever been towards him. but even still i wont be surprised if he lands two guards better than cuffe and brown PLUS clingan. i will forever remain loyal to dear leader!
You're taking their point past reasonability, but this board does have a weird issue when it comes to questioning the coaching staff, like coaches are never wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom