Kyla Irwin | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
College Station? Do you mean State College? If so Kyla's then mother was the high school not college coach. If not did your referent, "she did well," to Collier? I'm confused.
Penn State is located in two parts, the campus is in University Park, the off-campus is in State College.
The two parts is separated only by a street. Normally we call Penn. State is in State College.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Penn State is located in two parts, the campus is in University Park, the off-campus is in State College.
The two parts is separated only by a street. Normally we call Penn. State is in State College.

I believe it is fair to liken State College (community abutting Penn State University) to Storrs (and UConn). Similarly, College Station and Texas A&M. Classic "college towns."

I'm sure there are others. How about College Park and the University of Maryland?

Reaction Score
I believe it is fair to liken State College (community abutting Penn State University) to Storrs (and UConn). Similarly, College Station and Texas A&M. Classic "college towns."

I'm sure there are others. How about College Park and the University of Maryland?
U of M College Park is now it's own self contained city of 37,000. That was a little intimidating to Darling Daughter coming from a high school of 700 (she describes it as being a little fish in a big shark tank). The University is bigger than College Park.

I find it interesting that the U of M Campus Police Department is bigger than the College Park police department and the U of M Campus Police have jurisdiction in parts of the City of College Park.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Great. Post!

And good luck Kayla!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
U of M College Park is now it's own self contained city of 37,000. That was a little intimidating to Darling Daughter coming from a high school of 700 (she describes it as being a little fish in a big shark tank). The University is bigger than College Park.

I find it interesting that the U of M Campus Police Department is bigger than the College Park police department and the U of M Campus Police have jurisdiction in parts of the City of College Park.

Thanks. My daughter is on staff (alumni affairs) of the U of M Nursing School and her son (U of M grad) is an M.D. candidate at the U of M Med School. Neither live in College Park; daughter in Ellicott City and grandson in Baltimore (Federal Hill). My Terps.;)

Reaction Score
Broadway- love the post and agree on most points. One clarifying point is that Bent's high school league may have been a small pond in terms of media coverage/number of teams in the league but it was one filled with some pretty darn big fish. Almost every team that she would have played the last 3 years would have had division 1 players on it. Her senior class alone at her school had 4 D1 commits including her backcourt mate Aarion Bradshaw that she went up against every day in practice who now plays for Dawn at South Carolina. The league is incredibly deep with talent. Another example is that Aliyah Boston, one of the last 4 cuts for the USA U-17 team was not even named to the league All Star team (Although she probably deserved to be).
We agree--you needed re-reading. I take it you like MOLLY that alone makes you a friend. I am hoping for good year out of her. Not big plays or big minutes because Geno brings them along slowly. Her value will be in her IQ and a three when the time is right.
Then of course are those rosy cheeks!!

Reaction Score
I think Kyla is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Geno likes versatile basketball players with both inside and out side game. We all know that the first half of the season she will have a lot of learning to do and I expect she will be a quick learner. We are going to need her this year both for offense and defense. I hope she is like Napheesa, a ball magnet. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Alright, I got Kyla's name right. But just the other day one poster was chastising me for referring to the players by first name-though it was disrespectful. Now what am I supposed to do now? I suppose I will still occasionally struggle with Saniya, Azura', Tierney, Batouly, & Napheesa so please forgive. That accent in Azura' is that silent? What is the correct possessive form of Azura'. Can you please use it in a sentence? Is there a way we can get all the proper spelling into a BY dictionary and have it auto correct-I'd hate to offend anyone.
If you followed jeopard as you should---you'd know what accsent to put on which sall lab able. --You'd go home with out the 1000 dollars and no train fare. If Using first names was an insult to the players---the Boneyard posters have been insulting--Gabby, Dt, Sue,KmL Rene, Steff, Moriah, Morgan, Rita, Rebecca, et al and maybe 1000 others for a long long time. It is TIME TO STOP IT~
Mister Coco Husky.

Reaction Score
I think Kyla is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Geno likes versatile basketball players with both inside and out side game. We all know that the first half of the season she will have a lot of learning to do and I expect she will be a quick learner. We are going to need her this year both for offense and defense. I hope she is like Napheesa, a ball magnet. Go Huskies.[/QUOTE

A believer---Hal a LOU ya!!

Reaction Score
Thanks. My daughter is on staff (alumni affairs) of the U of M Nursing School and her son (U of M grad) is an M.D. candidate at the U of M Med School. Neither live in College Park; daughter in Ellicott City and grandson in Baltimore (Federal Hill). My Terps.;)
Wow. Small world. If all goes well my daughter will be moving to the U of M Nursing School for the beginning of her junior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom