Kwintin Williams... | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok I know he would not have made a difference in the end result but can you give the guy some minutes?

Is he honestly going to be worse than any other big man out there?

Carlton looks lost every time he touches the ball. Big David and Diarra gets those kind of fouls where you
say "What happened?". Whalley and Polley are invisible.

Reaction Score
Ok I know he would not have made a difference in the end result but can you give the guy some minutes?

Carlton looks lost every time he touches the ball. Big David and Diarra gets those kind of fouls where you

Carlton played well on the offensive boards and had some blocks. Even when not coming up with rebounds he was tipping the ball and giving the team a chance.

Reaction Score
It’s ridiculous. What kind of message are you sending the kid when after being the only one to compete against Auburn he doesn’t even see the court? He has one of the only NBA bodies on the roster and is super athletic. Find a way to utilize this kid!

Reaction Score
Do you guys seem to only watch kw when he’s on the court too? The shirts kill me but I keep waiting for that foul line two handed put back. Just knowing that’s on the floor is fun. Yes scrap Dave’s minutes. I think Dave got the start due to Shaqs overall size which was like 30-40 lbs more than “big” Dave.

Reaction Score
Carlton played well on the offensive boards and had some blocks. Even when not coming up with rebounds he was tipping the ball and giving the team a chance.
I was at the game and did not have the luxury of seeing the game up close on TV. My post was based on a travel, an offensive foul and a missed gimmee by Carlton.

Reaction Score

Carlton is far from the biggest problem. He might be the highest-IQ big we've had in the KO era.

Onuorah getting starts and meaningful minutes is simply incomprehensible.

Reaction Score
By junior year Carlton could be decent.

He should be another Gavin Edwards. Benchwarmer his first couple of years learning in practice against studs, a meaningful sub in his 3rd year, and a starter as a senior.

Because of KO's failures in recruiting and player development, it's likely that he'll be thrust into a bigger role before he's ready, won't get better in practice because none of the other bigs are worth anything, and won't substantially develop.

Hope I'm wrong (or that another coach can change the trajectory).

Reaction Score

I am confused as to what Ollie is doing. Sigh

Reaction Score
I was at the game and did not have the luxury of seeing the game up close on TV. My post was based on a travel, an offensive foul and a missed gimmee by Carlton.

The offensive foul was a bit questionable. They called over the back, but he got that ball with minimal contact.

Reaction Score
He is on a very long path. There's a reason he was passed over originally, there is a reason he was in Juco, there's a reason KO isn't playing him. I understand that KO doesn't have the rotations down yet, but he isn't going to play someone who doesn't deserve to.

DO gets a lot of grief on here, but he has the ability to extend possessions with his ability to give the offense second chances, JC has great vision and blocking ability, MD is a bruiser, IW is scrappy and has the big man intangibles.

EC has potential but hasn't played well late and his minutes are going down, Tyler Phommachanh needs to find ways to effect the offense more than just an occasional rebound.

KW hasn't done anything outside of getting rebounds when we were down 30.

Reaction Score
I’ll say this...those coaches see DO and somehow think he should start.

Seems like there hoping he can eat some minutes, block out and rebound. Problem is he is only getting minutes and not doing any of the other. He needs to get pushed down the rotation. The experiment failed.

Reaction Score
He is on a very long path. There's a reason he was passed over originally, there is a reason he was in Juco, there's a reason KO isn't playing him. I understand that KO doesn't have the rotations down yet, but he isn't going to play someone who doesn't deserve to.

DO gets a lot of grief on here, but he has the ability to extend possessions with his ability to give the offense second chances, JC has great vision and blocking ability, MD is a bruiser, IW is scrappy and has the big man intangibles.

EC has potential but hasn't played well late and his minutes are going down, Tyler Phommachanh needs to find ways to effect the offense more than just an occasional rebound.

Offensive foul, illegal screen, in first minute. Don’t want to be down on players, but c’mon guys, know the rules and don’t break the simple ones.

Reaction Score
The coaches see these players everyday in practice and apparently Williams didn't do enough to earn PT. It is as simple as that.
I see these players in games and some need to be sitting a bit longer then they do.

Reaction Score
Offensive foul, illegal screen, in first minute. Don’t want to be down on players, but c’mon guys, know the rules and don’t break the simple ones.
He also played about 3 minutes against Arkansas and missed coverage several consecutive possessions leading to a 9 point swing in 90 seconds.

So definitely some reasons not to play him. But I do like his spunk! I hope they can clean him up and play him more in the future.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The coaches see these players everyday in practice and apparently Williams didn't do enough to earn PT. It is as simple as that.
How do you know that's how KO determines playing time? This isn't JC.

Reaction Score

When do you think Ollie willl get his rotations down?

Reaction Score

I like Carlton and we`ve been complaining about of the lack of development of our bigs in recent years. The more and more i watch this continue to be the case the more im convinced that this is squarely on the coaching. Or lack there of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom