Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a high-energy, high-athleticism (albeit undersized) 4, that might work. A poor man's Kevin Freeman?
I think a poor-man's freshman KFree would be the ceiling for this year. Stay on the floor, be a net neutral on defense, get some energizing dunks here and there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Kwintin!!! :cool:

I've been looking for the appropriate timing for this one, and this is as close as it's gonna get. "Kwintin's on his way with another J and it's okay....everything's okay..."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
As a high-energy, high-athleticism (albeit undersized) 4, that might work. A poor man's Kevin Freeman?

I wouldn't consider him undersized for the 4 position. He's listed at 6'8" and looks like to have a strong frame. He could be a C in a small ball lineup, although it doesn't seem like he's a rim protector. Without seeing him handle the ball at all in any of his videos, I'm going to assume his handling skills are not good. So I think he'll be playing the 4 and 5.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't consider him undersized for the 4 position. He's listed at 6'8" and looks like to have a strong frame. He could be a C in a small ball lineup, although it doesn't seem like he's a rim protector. Without seeing him handle the ball at all in any of his videos, I'm going to assume his handling skills are not good. So I think he'll be playing the 4 and 5.

He never dribbled, most of his highlights start with a missed bunny, and his two "highlight-reel" free throws hit the rim or backboard about 5 times before dropping in. I think it's safe to say he's extremely limited from a skill point of view.

Good athlete though.

Reaction Score
Kid has nearly 13k more Instagram followers than Jalen, guess he's been viral for a while now. Excited to see if he can play for sure.

Reaction Score
Here he is with Lillard who is listed as 6'3 and is 6'2 without shoes.

Resized_Screenshot_20170709-155420001.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He never dribbled, most of his highlights start with a missed bunny, and his two "highlight-reel" free throws hit the rim or backboard about 5 times before dropping in. I think it's safe to say he's extremely limited from a skill point of view.

Good athlete though.

Well, yeah.

I will say that his shooting form is actually not bad.

Reaction Score
Yeah or a bigger stix
if you watch his first video he has a 3 pt shot38 % which is not bad.
The kid can play. hell spell Larrier and who ever the power forward is, may be 10 min a game. he should be ahead of the frosh since he did play competitive JUCO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Another stix! Need the energy and athleticism. Bring it defensively and work on the offensive game. We badly need a high energy rebounder

Mamadooooooo

Reaction Score
Hammer Time is back in Storrs people. Kwintin is the starting 4 man for us and will be an excellent pick and roll guy with Adams.

Starting lineup: Jalen, CV, Terry, Kwintin, Mamadou

#KWINFORTHEHAMMER
#PICKANDROLLADAMS

Reaction Score
Really? So he can shoot?

Form is meh. Awkward release. But spotting up his feet look ok. His finishing and footwork inside actually looks worse. Maybe he'll end up stretching the floor? Possibly... Maybe. I don't think its likely, but I hope

He was 8/21 on the season. Not exactly a shooter. But he may take an occasional three when wide open, unlike say, brimah who was 100% a non-threat from deep

Reaction Score
It's a highlight video, so it went in, but man is that an ugly stroke from deep. Doesn't look anything like his free throw mechanics, which look decent.
I mean it's not a great looking shot, but I wouldn't say it's ugly. He just doesnt really elevate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom