Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV | The Boneyard

Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hope we get some chat room info as that game progresses...can't say I am worried about the outcome but would love
to hear Boneyard impressions of our oldies but goodies regarding injury impact and our newbies intro to bigtime college hoops. Northeastern..then TEXAS [in Storrs] coming up soon after the exhibition! Great entertainment headed our way!

Reaction Score
Great news! I don't get SNY on my system anymore so I don't get to watch as many games as I used to. I want to cut the cord but I simply don't know enough about what is needed to do that.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Great news! I don't get SNY on my system anymore so I don't get to watch as many games as I used to. I want to cut the cord but I simply don't know enough about what is needed to do that.
Even if you cut the cord, you may not have access to SNY. There are a couple different ways to get SNY, so browse through the threads that are about not getting SNY. I know that you can get SNY on DirecTV/ATT if you pay extra for the Sports Package. I once used DirecTV, for many, many years, until it got too expensive.
If you cut the cord and go to streaming live tv, you would need your new tv provider to carry your local Fox station and FS1. Then you would need to use the Fox Sports app to have live access to the SNY WBB games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can do it, trust me. I did it.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we have the same cable provider. They delete sport channels that are being watched like SNY and the MLB and replace them with the Yankees channel (which, they previously deleted several years ago). Oh, then they turn around and up your monthly bill $15. And let’s not forget they have the unmitigated gall to charge subscribers an extra $1 each month if they want or need a paper bill.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we have the same cable provider. They delete sport channels that are being watched like SNY and the MLB and replace them with the Yankees channel (which, they previously deleted several years ago). Oh, then they turn around and up your monthly bill $15. And let’s not forget they have the unmitigated gall to charge subscribers an extra $1 each month if they want or need a paper bill.

Yes, that's the one. And they keep going up too.

I had DirecTV for years. Loved it. Then AT&T bought them & the rates went up while customer service went down. So I went back to cable. Now I'm looking to get rid of them too.

Reaction Score
Have Direct T.V. for years, comprehensive sports package and N.F.L. Sunday Ticket. DVR all sports, including U Conn and watch on my timetable, simplest and best way to view all sports.

Reaction Score
Cutting the cable is possible but not necessarily a money saver. By the time you get internet and add whatever else you must have, the difference between the old package and your new jerry-rigged set-up might be negligible. Streaming services are not price fixed, so you'll have to depend on the kindness of strangers to calculate your on-going costs. Keep in mind that the companies running the entertainment show are working as hard or harder than you are to rule the roost. I've never been able to outsmart them. Like NCs, it's purely aspirational.

Reaction Score
Great point,huskyd. My Direct T.V. situation is somewhat expensive , but I rationalize it by the headache free availability of all the sports I enjoy and the quality of the viewing experience.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hope we get some chat room info as that game progresses...can't say I am worried about the outcome but would love
to hear Boneyard impressions of our oldies but goodies regarding injury impact and our newbies intro to bigtime college hoops. Northeastern..then TEXAS [in Storrs] coming up soon after the exhibition! Great entertainment headed our way!
Worry not Blake. The chatroom is always 100 during a game. I love it. No one else in my home is interested in UConn WBB. So I always log in to the chatroom on my phone as I watch the game on TV. It’s no fun watching games alone with no one else to feed off of or conversate with. See you there. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes, that's the one. And they keep going up too.

I had DirecTV for years. Loved it. Then AT&T bought them & the rates went up while customer service went down. So I went back to cable. Now I'm looking to get rid of them too.
I‘ve had DirecTV for over 25 years. The only reason I still have it is because of picture quality, whole home DVR, on-demand movies and easy access to SNY during basketball season. I have other family members in the house I must consider. They are all happy with our TV subscription service as-is. And why shouldn't they be? They don’t pay the bill. :confused:

So does this mean that us UConn fans outside of Connecticut are SOL as far as being able to watch the exibition game on TV? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You too? I wonder how many of us would acknowledge the same thing, I've spent the last 6 weeks trying to find something compatible with Roku that has SNY. If I can't, I'm relegated to watching Youtube the day after.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cutting the cable is possible but not necessarily a money saver. By the time you get internet and add whatever else you must have, the difference between the old package and your new jerry-rigged set-up might be negligible. Streaming services are not price fixed, so you'll have to depend on the kindness of strangers to calculate your on-going costs. Keep in mind that the companies running the entertainment show are working as hard or harder than you are to rule the roost. I've never been able to outsmart them. Like NCs, it's purely aspirational.
For what it’s worth, I dropped cable added to YouTube TV and FiOS gigabyte. The quality is perfect, the ease of use is fine and I see every Yukon game across all sports, with the exception of the games that are being offered on ESPN plus. It saves me somewhere a bit over of $100 a month. Not exactly “life-changing money“ but if I saw it on the ground in front of me, I’d bend over to pick it up.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I dropped cable added to YouTube TV and FiOS gigabyte. The quality is perfect, the ease of use is fine and I see every UConn game across all sports, with the exception of the games that are being offered on ESPN plus. It saves me somewhere a bit over of $100 a month. Not exactly “life-changing money“ but if I saw it on the ground in front of me, I’d bend over to pick it up.
Are games available on YouTubeTV?

CL82

Reaction Score
Are games available on YouTubeTV?
Yes, but their channel lineup is location dependent. For example, here in New Jersey I get SNY but do not get NESN. If you log onto their site and put in your ZIP Code it will give you your channel lineup.

Reaction Score
I used Hulu last year. The package isn’t as cheap as I would like, but I at least wasn’t praying for something on Fox to magically work.

I used to use Sling, but you can’t get SNY on there.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I‘ve had DirecTV for over 25 years. The only reason I still have it is because of picture quality, whole home DVR, on-demand movies and easy access to SNY during basketball season. I have other family members in the house I must consider. They are all happy with our TV subscription service as-is. And why shouldn't they be? They don’t pay the bill. :confused:

So does this mean that us UConn fans outside of Connecticut are SOL as far as being able to watch the exhibition game on TV? :confused:

Can anyone answer my query? Will the Kutztown game be accessible on TV outside of Connecticut? :eek:

Reaction Score
Yes, but their channel lineup is location dependent. For example, here in New Jersey I get SNY but do not get NESN. If you log onto their site and put in your ZIP Code it will give you your channel lineup.
Do I have to see SNY specifically listed? I see FS1 and FoxSports. Will they not have the SNY games?

sun

Reaction Score
Can anyone answer my query? Will the Kutztown game be accessible on TV outside of Connecticut? :eek:
The UConn schedule only lists it as being on CW20.
There is a way to watch The CW network through streaming services, but who knows if the game would be streamed.
The UConn website doesn't indicate that the game is being streamed by The CW which CW20 belongs to.
Google - The CW - and you'll find the streaming services carrying that network but not necessarily the game.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Do I have to see SNY specifically listed? I see FS1 and FoxSports. Will they not have the SNY games?
Where do you live? If you are in SNY’s normal broadcast area you’ll get it. If not then you’ll probably have to go through the fox app to see the games

Reaction Score
Where do you live? If you are in SNY’s normal broadcast area you’ll get it. If not then you’ll probably have to go through the fox app to see the games
I’m in the southwest, so no, not in their broadcast area. I have the fox app on my tv, but maybe that isn’t enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom