Kustra: MWC and AAC to have "great partnership over the years" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kustra: MWC and AAC to have "great partnership over the years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nelson is worried about reduced revenues in 5 years, so he thinks we should forgo whatever small revenue we get from the AAC now and go independent. Butchy isn't worried, he just wants to enjoy UConn playing Wyoming and Holy Cross because of their colors and some random history trivia which he emailed to Jim Delany to convince him to invite UConn. (Gosh I just hope this doesn't backfire and get Wyoming in in the B1G before us).
How could you not want the Wyoming scenery? What's wrong with you?!

Reaction Score
Anytime you get a chance to visit a filiming location of "Any Which Way You Can", you have got to accept it.

I'll save my money to visit the state where Children of the Corn is set for conference matchups myself.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You are right. Aresco has made comments in the early going of all of this saying that the AAC would be interested in adapting whatever changes the P5 decide to make. I'm not sure if his position has changed or if it is school-specific at this point.

My guess is that they were all-in in theory and then some of the details started to leak out - transfer rule changes, the inane Pac12 letter, etc.

My hope is that they want to pump the brakes on some of the stupidity and not that some of the smaller schools are balking at the costs.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the heck Kustra is talking about. Aresco said he hadn't talked to him in ages and reminded everybody that they (BSU) just sued the AAC.

Aligning with the MWC really doesn't afford us much more power... now an alliance with the B1G and the PAC makes sense. Join their little voting bloc in exchange for P6 status.....

Reaction Score
Not sure what the heck Kustra is talking about. Aresco said he hadn't talked to him in ages and reminded everybody that they (BSU) just sued the AAC.

Aligning with the MWC really doesn't afford us much more power... now an alliance with the B1G and the PAC makes sense. Join their little voting bloc in exchange for P6 status.....
I'd tell you to put the crack down, but she would probably just suffocate you. LOL!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Long story short, I need a new phone but my upgrade isn't till october. Phone is a refurbished POS, that is why I get for not getting an otter box off rip.
Looks like DB has same phone as you.

@DariusJButler: Man! We Are So Fortunate! Trying Not To Take ANYthing For Granted #RandomReflection

Reaction Score

He's talking about the other schools that have resources but not hefty television contracts. BSU still almost did join what became the AAC. That also includes Tulane, Tulsa, probably even UTSA. Even freaking ODU. The Virginia Beach area tried to get an NBA team. SMU vs Navy might help cultivate an SMU fanbase in Dallas again. Maybe. Remember, protential, growth, etc, etc, etc. I can't see New Mexico being left behind either. These two conferences have schools with excellent potential. We were once a school with potential. We have to get better in football and hockey. We're doing quite well for what we are in both sports, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd tell you to put the crack down, but she would probably just suffocate you. LOL!

It's far fetched, but some alliance with the MWC would merely amount to some sort of scheduling deal. In reality we could easily pursue both avenues.

Reaction Score
The only alliance with MWC teams should be OOC payday games for them at the Rent so that we can get a break from the grueling B1G schedule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can see it now. The ASC. The All Scenery Conference. Wyoming/New Mexico/Grand Canyon U/Alaska-Ankorage/Hawaii/Vermont/University of the Sequoias/Aruba St/Baja A&M/Cancun Tech/Navy

(Navy to help them build their fanbases and a few schools they can visit in submaries)

Reaction Score
I can see it now. The ASC. The All Scenery Conference. Wyoming/New Mexico/Grand Canyon U/Alaska-Ankorage/Hawaii/Vermont/University of the Sequoias/Aruba St/Baja A&M/Cancun Tech/Navy

(Navy to help them build their fanbases and a few schools they can visit in submaries)
Am I getting paid?

Reaction Score
Am I getting paid?
Grand Canyon U is in downtown Phoenix. What a bummer.
Northern Ariz.University is in Flagstaff thats closer to the Grand Canyon. Nice town and 30 degrees cooler in the summer. Not a winter destination.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Grand Canyon U is in downtown Phoenix. What a bummer.
Northern Ariz.University is in Flagstaff thats closer to the Grand Canyon. Nice town and 30 degrees cooler in the summer. Not a winter destination.

Oh great what's next? Kokomo State is in rural Indiana?

Reaction Score
I like their theme song...how'd they get the Beach Boys to sing it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
None of this is remotely serious unless we start talking about inviting San Diego, Pepperdine and Elon.

We're talking postcard-pretty here, people. I think they have sports, too, so that's a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom