Kudos to Megan Walker | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kudos to Megan Walker

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know she's a freshman and subject to highs and lows, but my sense was that if Megan had come in and did the deer in the headlights thing, the game could have gone very differently. When Gabby had to exit due to fouls that gave UCLA a psychological boost, but Megan's general level of play and those fearless consecutive 3s were highly demoralizing to the Bruins. Well done young lady.

9c9fanbW4HAFDP3Q.jpg

No narrative needed for this picture, it speaks for itself. That's Megan on the far left after only 4 games. The other two are All-Americans.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You can tell immediately when a freshman wants the ball, wants to do the work, and wants to be in big games. Megan proved that against UCLA.

Don't be surprised if Megan Walker finds her way in to a larger role this season than we thought possible. Last season Dangerfield gave us early glimpses of her potential (Baylor game). Megan just did against UCLA. A brief tease of things to come.

A few more positive outings like this one will not only boost her confidence, but give Geno another viable option off the bench he can use without a second thought. Consistency and success breed trust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don't think Megan was thinking of shooting on every touch of the ball. I do know that her teammates were looking for her after a couple of made threes, much like they do whenever someone gets hot.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
has anyone ever knocked down three 3's in a row during a UConn game?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
has anyone ever knocked down three 3's in a row during a UConn game?
I remember a game against Louisville soon after Caroline Doty's season was ended with an ACL injury. Jeff Walz decided that her roommate, Tiffany Hayes, didn't need to be guarded at the 3-point line. Tiff proceeded to sink three straight threes, shooting from chest height since there was no defender within miles of her.

Geno said afterwards that after the first two, "you would think they would get a hand up."

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Did not Nurse do it when she hit her seven in a game? I'm surprised KML didn't do it.

Reaction Score
Camara will be working her way back to the court. I would assume the coaches dont know what they will get from her yet but I hope she gets back on the court soon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did not Nurse do it when she hit her seven in a game? I'm surprised KML didn't do it.
I'm guessing that Kaleena did it multiple times. Same with Diana and Maya. But Lou made 3 in a row 3 times in a game, with one left over--and no misses.

Reaction Score
In relation to the comments above made about Batouly Camara and her injured knee, for the 3rd game in a row she was in uniform & warmed up with the players pregame and pre 2nd 1/2! So she must be way ahead of schedule to be participating in the warmup lineup! It was stated several times that she would START PRACTICING in 2+ weeks and determine when she would play after that! Even with that big brace on she is showing she can perform BB related skills, granted not at game speed but some BB action is better than NO BB action!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom