Kudos to Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Kudos to Megan Walker

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I know she's a freshman and subject to highs and lows, but my sense was that if Megan had come in and did the deer in the headlights thing, the game could have gone very differently. When Gabby had to exit due to fouls that gave UCLA a psychological boost, but Megan's general level of play and those fearless consecutive 3s were highly demoralizing to the Bruins. Well done young lady.

Reaction Score
It was Megan that allowed the team to finally gain sufficient separation to put the game out of reach. She had ice in her veins to drain those three threes at THE critical time in the game. That, plus the say she moves, really reminds me of DT. But then the GOAT does make most of her bunnies. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I know she's a freshman and subject to highs and lows, but my sense was that if Megan had come in and did the deer in the headlights thing, the game could have gone very differently. When Gabby had to exit due to fouls that gave UCLA a psychological boost, but Megan's general level of play and those fearless consecutive 3s were highly demoralizing to the Bruins. Well done young lady.
M

Megan Walker just isn't your average Freshman. Simply amazing, with nerves of steel. She alone for a part of the first half kept Uconn going.
Megan had me out of my chair at 11 Pm and 12 Am---I kept yelling (my neighbors are miles away) that ain't no freshman (Kibs can correct the grammar, but it was effective).

Reaction Score
It was Megan that allowed the team to finally gain sufficient separation to put the game out of reach. She had ice in her veins to drain those three threes at THE critical time in the game. That, plus the say she moves, really reminds me of DT. But then the GOAT does make most of her bunnies. :rolleyes:
Geno will kick her butt, maybe while kissing it, for missing the bunny---the 12 killer points certainly made up for that. NO FEAR FROSH

Reaction Score

Doesn't Megan deserve the Junior Badass award?

Reaction Score
I couldn't watch the game so the only highlights I've seen have been on ESPN this morning. The 2 minute recap featured all 3 of Megan's 3's. I know 4 games isn't a true barometer of a full season but what progress from the Stanford game to last night. It's going to fun to watch!

Reaction Score
I have posted about MW before. She is going to be really great, and she was excellent last night. She is more than "in the rotation." On almost any other team, she starts. On most teams, she would already be the best player. Much, much more to come from her. :)

Reaction Score
UConn girl Megan, just awesome.

Screenshot (1).png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ladies and Gentlemen, Megan Walker has arrived.

What a gutsy performance she had in a tough environment.
Too soon to say yet. Remember Crystal's performance against Baylor last year?

Still, Megan looked good didn't she?

(Well at least in the first half, I fell asleep for the second...)

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Geno will kick her butt, maybe while kissing it, for missing the bunny---the 12 killer points certainly made up for that. NO FEAR FROSH

She wasn't the only one who missed an uncontested layup. We missed a few of them. That needs to be improved.

Reaction Score
Too soon to say yet. Remember Crystal's performance against Texas last year?

Still, Megan looked good didn't she?

(Well at least in the first half, I fell asleep for the second...)
You mean Baylor, but I was thinking the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom