Kudos to ESPN | The Boneyard

Kudos to ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The most boring game of the night -- asu-nd -- is bring shown on BOTH ESPnnews and espn2.
Meanwhile fla st and DePaul are off to early leads in their upset bids.
Brilliant!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
They've been promoting UConn-ND since Round 1 and will keep promoting it as long as both teams are still alive in the tourney.

Reaction Score
They've been promoting UConn-ND since Round 1 and will keep promoting it as long as both teams are still alive in the tourney.

I understand promotion. But the great thing about having two channels is that itallows you to give viewers CHOICE. Call me Krazy, but showing the same game on both channels would seem to defeat that option.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The bad news: Typical of ESPN... Promote Notre Dame at the expense of other better games... "The Undefeateds Match-up" is coming.... The good news: They will promote UConn tomorrow night...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not so boring, but it is ugly. ASU making ND a bit uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
The bad news: Typical of ESPN... Promote Notre Dame at the expense of other better games... "The Undefeateds Match-up" is coming.... The good news: They will promote UConn tomorrow night...

No that's not good news. It will be equally stupid.

U

UCONNfan1

ALL the games are interesting at the moment. Duke losing by 10 to Depaul. Stanford up only 3 on FSU. ND up only 3 on ASU. Kentucky up only 2 on Syracuse...

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for espn to have the same game on both channels....I live in SC only 15 minutes from the NC border and they aren't showing Duke on one of them?
Wow..
I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between them but I guess I'm stuck with ND.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
We're seeing ASU do what UConn was able to do to ND in the FF last year. Make them play faster than they want to play and McBride then has a tendency then to try to win it by herself. I'm not sure why ASU bothers to guard Braker away from the basket, though. That defender could stay in the lane and protect against the back door. ASU has only one capable offensive player so I expect ND to pull away in the 2nd half.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There is no excuse for espn to have the same game on both channels....I live in SC only 15 minutes from the NC border and they aren't showing Duke on one of them?
Wow..
I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between them but I guess I'm stuck with ND.
I live in Columbia and Duke/DePaul is on the Deuce and a men's NIT game is on ESPN. Duke doesn't really have a lot of fans here, though.

Reaction Score
I live in Columbia and Duke/DePaul is on the Deuce and a men's NIT game is on ESPN. Duke doesn't really have a lot of fans here, though.

I live a little West of you, near Greenville. I agree not many Duke fans but still strange that game isn't being shown. ND is on ESPN2 and news.

Reaction Score
ESPN2 finally just switched me over to the duke game...lets go DePaul!

Reaction Score
Florida State had 14 points with 12 mins to go in the first half.

They have 20 points 6 mins into the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I understand promotion. But the great thing about having two channels is that itallows you to give viewers CHOICE. Call me Krazy, but showing the same game on both channels would seem to defeat that option.

Hey Krazy - I agree, there are a whole lot of things not to like about the Enormous Self-Promoting Network - here's a whole list: Criticism of ESPN

That said, the coverage of ESPNews is only about 75% of that of ESPN/ESPN2, so a considerable number of people would have lost what would probably be the premier game tonight at least from a marketing (and yes, promotion) point of view. I would have preferred Duke-DePaul from the get go (they could have always gone to the ND game if it closed up), but the ND-ASU game stayed close enough long enough that I can see them staying with it.

Reaction Score
Hey Krazy - I agree, there are a whole lot of things not to like about the Enormous Self-Promoting Network - here's a whole list: Criticism of ESPN

That said, the coverage of ESPNews is only about 75% of that of ESPN/ESPN2, so a considerable number of people would have lost what would probably be the premier game tonight at least from a marketing (and yes, promotion) point of view. I would have preferred Duke-DePaul from the get go (they could have always gone to the ND game if it closed up), but the ND-ASU game stayed close enough long enough that I can see them staying with it.

Then put ND on ESPN2 and do whip around on ESPnnews.

Reaction Score

So true. And you know that ESPN will keep throwing a ND reference in during the UConn game tomorrow. I am going with the over 13 reference. Any takers on the over/under during our game tomorrow?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was wondering why the UCONN game continued to be shown yesterday despite the score. Was another snooze fest that ESPN shove down our throats.

Reaction Score
Then put ND on ESPN2 and do whip around on ESPnnews.

I agree but the other way, keep the whip around on ESPN2 because of flexibility and coverage area and put ND-ASU on ESPN2. I think that they got that part right; otherwise roughly 25,000,000 of us would have had only the Notre Dame game (no ESPNews).

What they should have done is then start the whip around coverage on ESPN2 anywhere but ND-ASU, kind of what you were saying originally I think, and only bring it to that game if it got close late. ND-ASU was the least likely game to be close/interesting to anyone other than home fans, since ND is undefeatred, etc. I just think that the problem is that they are promoting ND so we were going to get it on ESPN2 as the default everywhere until there was a reason not to, even with it on ESPNews.

Ugh.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I was wondering why the UCONN game continued to be shown yesterday despite the score. Was another snooze fest that ESPN shove down our throats.

At least it was only on ONE channel.... :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I will give kudos to ESPN for putting the most excellent LaChina Robinson on the Duke-DePaul game. So refreshing to have a sportscaster actually talk about the game. Even the men's games are being infected with announcers with verbal diarrhea - during the UConn-St. Joe's game they interviewed a 4 year old while the teams were playing and then continued to babble on about the boy (the coach's grandson)!

Reaction Score
Who do I have to beg to get ESPN to switch from the UT/SJU game to the Nebraska game? The orange makes my head hurt.

Reaction Score
Holy Moly! BYU up by 10 over Nebraska. This cannot happen! It will ruin my fun of being in my national flag blue and white in the see of scarlet and cream!!!! Come on Huskers!!!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Or maybe even after ND gets knocked out. :)
Like "3 To Watch", which is still in syndication somewhere in Eastern Europe! :p

That also wouldn't stop robot Dave O'Brien from reciting his ND "7-out-of-the-last-9" talking point ad nauseam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom