Kudos for Dolson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kudos for Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For me the play that said a lot about Stef's game effort was when a ball was headed out of bounds off of UConn in the offensive zone and she leapt out and swatted it back in - to Bria I think - and she was easily5- 6 feet out when she pulled that off. Great effort.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Until you sit courtside as we did yesterday, you have no idea what opposing teams are doing to Stefanie. She is banged and HELD on every single possession . She literally has an arm locked down by opppoing players, and she came away with at least two one handed rebounds in front of us. She was also hit with a what looked like a flagrant elbow to the face right in front of the official. Somewhere along the line it has been decided by wccb officials that she is fair game. Now, that said, Louisville held and grabbed everyone on every posession all day long, right to the very end. Walz is a terrific coach, who gets the max out of his players. But, enough is enough ! So much for for freedom of movement in the lane , huh, Debbie Antonelli ?
I actually wondered if they would review that play at the next stoppage as it sure looked like Stef was caught above the neck with an elbow from her reaction. I guess Geno did not ask for the review and the refs never saw anything.

Reaction Score
I don't watch that many Louisville games except against the huskies and last year a couple tourney games. But every time I watch them play they remind me of a bunch of trained assassins. It really is amazing to watch. They clutch, grab push and swing wildly at the opponent and at the same time Walz is like a toothache up and down the sideline complaining to the refs about the opposing players faking that their getting assaulted.

Reaction Score
Until you sit courtside as we did yesterday, you have no idea what opposing teams are doing to Stefanie. She is banged and HELD on every single possession . She literally has an arm locked down by opppoing players, and she came away with at least two one handed rebounds in front of us. She was also hit with a what looked like a flagrant elbow to the face right in front of the official. Somewhere along the line it has been decided by wccb officials that she is fair game. Now, that said, Louisville held and grabbed everyone on every posession all day long, right to the very end. Walz is a terrific coach, who gets the max out of his players. But, enough is enough ! So much for for freedom of movement in the lane , huh, Debbie Antonelli ?

just look at it as preparation for dolson for what she 'll have to deal with in the wnba, only with players a lot bigger and stronger than she sees these days.

Reaction Score
I wish people would get over that. They were not flopping the way people here imagine they were. I posted about that after I rewatched the game. The only time any Baylor kid arguably hit the deck when there was no contact was when KML was swinging her elbows. The other time they fell when we had the ball was when their kid fell and was called for a block. So if it was a flop, it did them no good. Watch the game over and you'll see that Baylor kids were on the floor maybe 5 times the whole game, and 3 of those were in loose ball scrambles. The 2 times Sims was given 3 foul shots was after our kids made bad lunges at her on 3 point attempts and certainly put her off balance even if they didn't hit her, although she was hit for sure on one of them. There were less bodies on the floor than in most games, which actually surprised me.
Good point. There's just not as much flopping in the women's game compared to the men's so it just stood out.

Reaction Score
I wish people would get over that. They were not flopping the way people here imagine they were. I posted about that after I rewatched the game. The only time any Baylor kid arguably hit the deck when there was no contact was when KML was swinging her elbows. The other time they fell when we had the ball was when their kid fell and was called for a block. So if it was a flop, it did them no good. Watch the game over and you'll see that Baylor kids were on the floor maybe 5 times the whole game, and 3 of those were in loose ball scrambles. The 2 times Sims was given 3 foul shots was after our kids made bad lunges at her on 3 point attempts and certainly put her off balance even if they didn't hit her, although she was hit for sure on one of them. There were less bodies on the floor than in most games, which actually surprised me.

I will respond as I did when you first posted this drivel. I have watched the replay a few times and Sims alone didn't fall on the floor but threw her heaqd back a few times when there was noone within a foot of her,Mulkeys daughter also was trying for the Oscar.Notice that late in the game, the refs finally caught on.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I will respond as I did when you first posted this drivel. I have watched the replay a few times and Sims alone didn't fall on the floor but threw her heaqd back a few times when there was noone within a foot of her,Mulkeys daughter also was trying for the Oscar.Notice that late in the game, the refs finally caught on.

Do you know what a flop is? I think not. Drivel yourself, Philly. You watch the game with deep blue glasses. If you think that throwing your head back when someone is jumping at you when you are releasing a jumper is a "flop", let's talk hoops for real sometime. The idea was that Baylor was constantly hitting the deck. False.

Reaction Score
Do you know what a flop is? I think not. Drivel yourself, Philly. You watch the game with deep blue glasses. If you think that throwing your head back when someone is jumping at you when you are releasing a jumper is a "flop", let's talk hoops for real sometime. The idea was that Baylor was constantly hitting the deck. False.

I played and coached more games than you have seen in your lifetime. So anytime you want to discuss basketball, I'm ready.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I played and coached more games than you have seen in your lifetime. So anytime you want to discuss basketball, I'm ready.

Amazing you don't know what a flop is. And I suppose you coach your players to jump out forward at a 3 point shooter, a move that naturally moves the shooter backward. I stand by my analysis that Baylor was not a flopping team. In fact,,the premise of the whole Baylor wad into flopping related to the totally inaccurate idea that the coach's kid was falling all game long watch the friggin tape expert and see how often she was really on the floor, let alone faking being bumped by a UConn player. And in case you havent't noticed, I'm as big a UConn Dan as any, and decades longer than most. If you're really a skilled coach, you might be better at coaching a dribble than figuring out what us drivel. Be analytical and not emotional. Far better way to relate. Peace.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
cohen, I counted 7 flops in the game when I stopped counting. Only 3 were called and none after the phantom elbow and Robertson took the drive.

Reaction Score
I'm as big a UConn Dan as any

UConn Dan was a big big man and flipped flopped better than most.
He refused to flip a flop and he almost lost his top when he saw that
it was done coast to coast.

The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members