Kudos for Dolson | The Boneyard

Kudos for Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Obviously, Stewies game, which may have a special place in the record books, is the story of the day. And MoJet, with a career high in points, plus playing a full 40 minutes deserves a lot of praise.

But I also want to point out that Dolson played 39 minutes. One minute of rest. It's often harder for the big guys to play those minutes. She was efficient from the field hitting 5 of 7 and missed a double double by a single rebound.

Nice game Stef!!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Obviously, Stewies game, which may have a special place in the record books, is the story of the day. And MoJet, with a career high in points, plus playing a full 40 minutes deserves a lot of praise.

But I also want to point out that Dolson played 39 minutes. One minute of rest. It's often harder for the big guys to play those minutes. She was efficient from the field hitting 5 of 7 and missed a double double by a single rebound.

Nice game Stef!!!!

And, as always, set multiple screens.

Reaction Score
Wish the guards had better vision and pass the ball to Stef earlier. If Stef could pass the ball herself she would score more.

Reaction Score
It's funny that Coach Walz was complaining. Louisville is always physical and not always within the rules. Remember when Stef got drilled last year in the championship game.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score

Nice game Stef!!!!

"39 minutes and 5 for 7"...

Not mentioned were 5 assists, and playing at the end with 4 fouls..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's funny that Coach Walz was complaining. Louisville is always physical and not always within the rules. Remember when Stef got drilled last year in the championship game.
I actually think to Jeff's credit he was really pissed about that foul last year - he certainly pulled the player immediately.
On Stef - she had rebound #10 (I think on a missed free-throw) and Bria was underneath her and knocked the ball out of her hands to a Louisville player! I was annoyed because I knew she already had 9 and wanted her to get her double double.

Reaction Score
I didn't think the game was that physical. Very different from playing other ranked teams like Baylor and Notre Dame.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Will watch game again tonight- now. But kml's interior pass from the top of the key early in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty!
She has made a number of 'perfect' entry passes in the last four or five games - fitting the ball into small windows, laying it in perfectly over the top of the defense - hitting the correct hand to lead the player naturally into the shot. I have been really impressed with that improvement in her game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I actually think to Jeff's credit he was really pissed about that foul last year - he certainly pulled the player immediately.
On Stef - she had rebound #10 (I think on a missed free-throw) and Bria was underneath her and knocked the ball out of her hands to a Louisville player! I was annoyed because I knew she already had 9 and wanted her to get her double double.
Maybe Stef could have the rebound and then give Bria the steal. .:confused:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
At least they weren't flopping like fish like at the Baylor game.

I wish people would get over that. They were not flopping the way people here imagine they were. I posted about that after I rewatched the game. The only time any Baylor kid arguably hit the deck when there was no contact was when KML was swinging her elbows. The other time they fell when we had the ball was when their kid fell and was called for a block. So if it was a flop, it did them no good. Watch the game over and you'll see that Baylor kids were on the floor maybe 5 times the whole game, and 3 of those were in loose ball scrambles. The 2 times Sims was given 3 foul shots was after our kids made bad lunges at her on 3 point attempts and certainly put her off balance even if they didn't hit her, although she was hit for sure on one of them. There were less bodies on the floor than in most games, which actually surprised me.

Reaction Score

Nice game Stef!!!!

It's the orange legs.

Reaction Score
Including a couple while moving; one she got caught on, I called it before the refs did. I wish the coaches would work on that, it might jump up and bite them.
Anybody else remember Stef getting called for moving screens all the time when she was a freshman and most of the time when she was a sophomore? I think she's improved a lot on that.

Reaction Score
Until you sit courtside as we did yesterday, you have no idea what opposing teams are doing to Stefanie. She is banged and HELD on every single possession . She literally has an arm locked down by opppoing players, and she came away with at least two one handed rebounds in front of us. She was also hit with a what looked like a flagrant elbow to the face right in front of the official. Somewhere along the line it has been decided by wccb officials that she is fair game. Now, that said, Louisville held and grabbed everyone on every posession all day long, right to the very end. Walz is a terrific coach, who gets the max out of his players. But, enough is enough ! So much for for freedom of movement in the lane , huh, Debbie Antonelli ?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Anybody else remember Stef getting called for moving screens all the time when she was a freshman and most of the time when she was a sophomore? I think she's improved a lot on that.

I agree she's improved, but she still does it, so it makes me nervous.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Until you sit courtside as we did yesterday, you have no idea what opposing teams are doing to Stefanie.

How did you score courtside seats? Is this all the time, or something special?

Reaction Score
How did you score courtside seats? Is this all the time, or something special?
Just a one time thing, Phil. The closest I've been at husky game in a long, long time.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I wish people would get over that. They were not flopping the way people here imagine they were. I posted about that after I rewatched the game. The only time any Baylor kid arguably hit the deck when there was no contact was when KML was swinging her elbows. The other time they fell when we had the ball was when their kid fell and was called for a block. So if it was a flop, it did them no good. Watch the game over and you'll see that Baylor kids were on the floor maybe 5 times the whole game, and 3 of those were in loose ball scrambles. The 2 times Sims was given 3 foul shots was after our kids made bad lunges at her on 3 point attempts and certainly put her off balance even if they didn't hit her, although she was hit for sure on one of them. There were less bodies on the floor than in most games, which actually surprised me.
I still have the game and will watch again- but from what I remember, Mulkeys daughter gave at least two and maybe a third performance where she could have gotten the academy award- one was the phantom elbow from KML.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Until you sit courtside as we did yesterday, you have no idea what opposing teams are doing to Stefanie. She is banged and HELD on every single possession . She literally has an arm locked down by opppoing players, and she came away with at least two one handed rebounds in front of us. She was also hit with a what looked like a flagrant elbow to the face right in front of the official. Somewhere along the line it has been decided by wccb officials that she is fair game. Now, that said, Louisville held and grabbed everyone on every posession all day long, right to the very end. Walz is a terrific coach, who gets the max out of his players. But, enough is enough ! So much for for freedom of movement in the lane , huh, Debbie Antonelli ?
I know what I thought I saw from my seets high on the mezzanine - but watching the game on dvr- and slow motioning some of the stuff under the hoop--- the refs allow Steph and Stewie also to get held, pushed and arm locked constantly, and when they try to break free, we get the calls and or a retaliatory push. Steph especially was fouled all night under, similar to the style they let go against Griner last year. That type of officiating is one of the only ways someone will really have the opportunity to beat us. It kills me, especially when these Phantom touch fouls are called on the perimeter, which is totally ruining the flow of these games, and real fouls are let go because we are so good or so big?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I still have the game and will watch again- but from what I remember, Mulkeys daughter gave at least two and maybe a third performance where she could have gotten the academy award- one was the phantom elbow from KML.
nope. watch again

Reaction Score
Big12 fans will tell you that the one part of the game that Robertson has excelled at since she first arrived is in flopping. I personally have no knowledge of this one way or another, but from reading boards it seems to be an article of faith among Big12 watchers (outside of Baylor fans, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom