KU suspends Morris from program former 5 star recruit, transfer | The Boneyard

KU suspends Morris from program former 5 star recruit, transfer

Reaction Score
I do have some degree of sympathy for coaches when their players do awful things. Hard to see these things coming. However Self has had this happen far too many times for it to be a coincidence, guy is just a huge scum bag
Except Self knew what he was getting. Morris already had something on his record from Texas. I believe in 2nd chances but you need to be careful to know what you're getting yourself into. Or else you get burned. So Self takes blame here for his decision to take Morris in the first place.

The sophomore joined the Jayhawks' roster this offseason as one of the Big 12's most high-profile transfers following one season at Texas. Morris was arrested last June for an alleged altercation with his ex-girlfriend. While that charge lingered, he played in all 38 games for Texas as a freshman, averaging 4.6 points in 11.7 minutes per game off the bench.

Ultimately, that case was resolved with a $362 fine on Thursday, negating the need for a scheduled October trial, according to the AP.

Reaction Score
Self needs to be held accountable by the media. I believe in second chances with the exception of sexual assault. How do you look your wife, mother or daughters in the eye when they ask how can you bring this type of person into your program. There are too many basketball players out there to take that chance. Self over looked that because he thought he was getting a very good basketball player. He got a bad person who is also ruining Self’s reputation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Three other players -- Johnny Furphy, Elmarko Jackson and Nick Timberlake -- were mentioned in the incident report as witnesses and "other," respectively, but a source told the newspaper they were not "remotely" involved in the incident.

Other than witnessing it?

CL82

Reaction Score
Bill Self is an enabler. Despicable.
1694877787946.png

CL82

Reaction Score
They may have witnessed two people entering the same room or something. You don't have to have seen everything to be a witness for an investigation.
Yep, and "other" is an even lower status than that, basically just "having information".

Reaction Score
Yep, and "other" is an even lower status than that, basically just "having information".
And there's an enormous difference between someone who firsthand witnessed a sexual assault but did nothing and someone who witnessed one or both of the people at some point in the night but did not witness the assault. Unclear what the case is here.

CL82

Reaction Score
And there's an enormous difference between someone who firsthand witnessed a sexual assault but did nothing and someone who witnessed one or both of the people at some point in the night but did not witness the assault. Unclear what the case is here.
It's a pretty big continuum and could include witnessing that the victim was unable to form informed consent, but speculation isn't helpful. The facts will come out soon enough.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I do have some degree of sympathy for coaches when their players do awful things. Hard to see these things coming. However Self has had this happen far too many times for it to be a coincidence, guy is just a huge scum bag
Not hard to see it coming here. Dude has a history

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say the guy is a bad guy. It's more about giving kids an opportunity to come to your program and sometimes kids just mess up. We've had a few ourselves.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Blaming Bill Self for this is galaxy brain stuff from the peanut gallery. The kid was immediately suspended, what more do you want? He’ll assuredly be removed entirely if the allegations prove true.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Blaming Bill Self for this is galaxy brain stuff from the peanut gallery. The kid was immediately suspended, what more do you want? He’ll assuredly be removed entirely if the allegations prove true.
Want to make clear I don’t think Self did anything wrong. It’s the risk you take on players with a history. You hope you can be a positive influence and help a kid with a troubled past, but sometimes dudes are just bad dudes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom