Kris Jenkins destroys Doug Gottlieb | The Boneyard

Kris Jenkins destroys Doug Gottlieb

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Don't be like Pal or Carl at least give us the link.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb is a schmuck but he's right. If Rick doesn't get arrested, Jalen goes to Temple.
Yeah but it doesn’t really matter and there’s no reason to tweet that

Reaction Score
Gottlieb is a schmuck but he's right. If Rick doesn't get arrested, Jalen goes to Temple.

I think whether he's right is beside the point. As a member of the media calling attention to a dark chapter in the family's life, that the kid had nothing to do with, during a time of celebration, is probably not the way to go. I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but he could have made whatever point he was trying to make without bringing up the arrest.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As an aside from Jenkins' twitter. Villanova's Shooting philosophy is Vitale's Rules for life.

DZ4gquhVQAAAFZg.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Rick Brunson says no.

After acquittal, Rick Brunson addresses court of public opinion

Brunson said the incident cost him a job at Temple, his alma mater, because the administration got cold feet over his pending court case. And, for the first time, he emphatically denied his son was headed to Temple with him as a package deal.

Brunson said the job he discussed with Temple coach Fran Dunphy was a non-bench role, which, by NCAA law, would have prohibited his son from joining until two years after graduation.

"My son always wanted to go to Villanova," Brunson said. "Nobody understands this. He never, ever wanted to go to Temple with me. I've never coached him at any level. Would I have wanted him to play for me at Temple? Of course. Would it have been right as a family? You're damn right. But would it have been wrong for him? Yes.

"I have a lot of love and respect for Fran Dunphy because he understood that I couldn't force my son to go to Temple. It was a long shot for him to go there. Jalen wanted to have a chance to play in a Final Four. Of all the schools that recruited him, he felt Villanova has the best shot of playing in a Final Four this coming season."

Reaction Score
Whether true or false, who cares? What difference does it make? This sounds like bitter resentment against Villanova winning. As in "Why are you so proud. You got lucky! You didn't deserve it."

And besides. It's a counterfactual argument. By definition he doesn't know that what he says is true - 15 years in the business or not.

Reaction Score
Jalen played about ten mins down the road from me. It certainly was thought he was done to temple.

After the arrest ppl thought Michigan st. Then Nova with illinois getting momentum late ultimately picked nova.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
weird it's blank for me...

I'm getting that too - can't see any twitter images that get posted, although if I look at source code I can see they're there. Might be a Chrome issue as I can still view on my old windows box upstairs.

Reaction Score
meh, we all have different opinions. i tend to love the CBS analysts like seth davis and gottlieb because they actually cover all conferences whereas the greenbergs and jay williams of the world hop on carolina/duke/kentucky/kansas like they're paid by the schools to do so

Reaction Score
Seriously, what is wrong with Gottlieb?!??

Aren't we playing into his hand by posting a thread about it? I mean, people on this board probably started following him because of it. That is his intent.

Reaction Score
It was Presumed Nova or Temple shortly prior to the arrest. Temple was thought to be the obvious choice.

Nova also got Scotty Reynolds after Kelvin Sampson got in a jam following his commitment to Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
meh, we all have different opinions. i tend to love the CBS analysts like seth davis and gottlieb because they actually cover all conferences whereas the greenbergs and jay williams of the world hop on carolina/duke/kentucky/kansas like they're paid by the schools to do so
Gottleib has horns under his skin of a xenophobic nature.

Reaction Score
A grown "man" attacking a young adult, barely even removed from being a teen/kid (I use the two interchangeably) is pathetic. I always disliked this guy from the second I first saw him even though I did not know why, just had a bad feeling, which of course was long before I heard about his own issues but has only validated my original feelings. Plus I think there are other skeletons in the closet, just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Aren't we playing into his hand by posting a thread about it? I mean, people on this board probably started following him because of it. That is his intent.
Do you mean Gottlieb ? Why the hell would anyone follow him (at all) let alone after reading this ridiculous tweet thread ? People that post dumb ish like that on Twitter are nothing more than attention whores.

Reaction Score
By the way, are you looking for a job in online media ? Because you'd fit right in with the ridiculous "DESTROYED!!!!!!!1!1!! eleventy" nonsense.

Yeah, "destroys" is inane. Go write headlines for Buzzfeed.

Gottlieb is a who says dumb things for attention. But I don't get why people continue to bring up something he did more than 20 years ago. He's a huge clown independent of the credit card thing - dislike him for that. And we venerate plenty of people who have far worse skeletons in their closets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom