Kris Jenkins destroys Doug Gottlieb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kris Jenkins destroys Doug Gottlieb

Reaction Score
A grown "man" attacking a young adult, barely even removed from being a teen/kid (I use the two interchangeably) is pathetic. I always disliked this guy from the second I first saw him even though I did not know why, just had a bad feeling, which of course was long before I heard about his own issues but has only validated my original feelings. Plus I think there are other skeletons in the closet, just a hunch.

I'm mostly indifferent on Gottlieb, but I didn't read it as an attack, more just him being him. Part of what occasionally makes him more insightful than your average analyst is also what makes him unlikable - he doesn't tend to think particularly hard about how his comments might be perceived, or if he does, he doesn't care. "You're not supposed to say that" doesn't appear to be in his file cabinet.

Reaction Score
Yeah, "destroys" is inane. Go write headlines for Buzzfeed.

Gottlieb is a who says dumb things for attention. But I don't get why people continue to bring up something he did more than 20 years ago. He's a huge clown independent of the credit card thing - dislike him for that. And we venerate plenty of people who have far worse skeletons in their closets.

Kris Jenkins "Claps Back" at Doug Gottlieb

Reaction Score
Yeah, "destroys" is inane. Go write headlines for Buzzfeed.

Gottlieb is a who says dumb things for attention. But I don't get why people continue to bring up something he did more than 20 years ago. He's a huge clown independent of the credit card thing - dislike him for that. And we venerate plenty of people who have far worse skeletons in their closets.

Thought I was the only one of that mindset. I get that you're going to latch onto anything you can once you decide to dislike someone, but can you imagine being him and reading that in your mentions every time somebody disagrees with you? Must get tiresome.

Reaction Score
Thought I was the only one of that mindset. I get that you're going to latch onto anything you can once you decide to dislike someone, but can you imagine being him and reading that in your mentions every time somebody disagrees with you? Must get tiresome.
You guys don't understand why people would bring up that he was arrested for being a thief and kicked out of Notre Dame when he just brought up Jalen's dad being arrested several years ago, while Jalen is celebrating the biggest moment of his life? Really?

It was also nice of Gottlieb to not mention how Rick Brunson was found not guilty.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Please. Gottlieb can go kick rocks with his hypotheticals.

I’m sure if we won he’d say “the only reason Jalen Adams didn’t commit to School XXX was because his elementary school bully always wore School XX’s sweatshirt.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's all about page views and that's what this was intended to do and I'm sure it did numbers. No one gets mad online quite like college fans and these guys play into that especially after a teams/players big win.

Reaction Score
You guys don't understand why people would bring up that he was arrested for being a thief and kicked out of Notre Dame when he just brought up Jalen's dad being arrested several years ago, while Jalen is celebrating the biggest moment of his life? Really?

It was also nice of Gottlieb to not mention how Rick Brunson was found not guilty.

In this context it makes some sense, in the past I've heard it used to undermine his basketball opinions. As I said, the tweet was bad.

Reaction Score
I'm not particularly offended by Gottlieb's comment - it's Gottlieb being Gottlieb. That being said, it's douchy to the extent you bring up a difficult subject for the family in what should be a happy time.

But if you're bringing up something Gottlieb got in trouble for two decades ago you're basically saying that he can't comment anytime someone gets in trouble. The timing of the comment is manifestly irrelevant in the context of Gottlieb's prior problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom