Krajewski to start on Saturday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Krajewski to start on Saturday

Reaction Score
Wasn’t Krajewski recruited by some big time programs?
He was. The bigger schools that were showing interest in him told him they were waiting on fields to make his decision. He then didn’t want to wait around for teams that were waiting on another player. He wanted to go where he was wanted l. So he signed to work with lashlee. Then a week later lashlee left

Reaction Score
He had offers from Syracuse Marshall FAU GA state amongst others. He went on visits to auburn Alabama and FSU as well.

Reaction Score
Love this move - we need some new energy - even if it's against a tougher opponent. I'd like to see more reps for the backup RBs too...Brewton seems special.

Reaction Score
Can we just say Jack Zergiotis is not ready …. yet? Do we need to attack a kid who could grow into role in near future and is 1 snap from heading back in?

At some point we need to recognize that practicing against ourselves has limited upside. We make every opposing qb we face look like a heisman finalist.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can we just say Jack Zergiotis is not ready …. yet? Do we need to attack a kid who could grow into role in near future and is 1 snap from heading back in?

At some point we need to recognize that practicing against ourselves has limited upside. We make every opposing qb we face look like a heisman finalist.
He had more time to get ready than any QB in the country. He probably isn't good, and that's fine.

Reaction Score
to our Boiler friend ...

I hope the IU Hoosiers beat you 60 to zip. And you have to walk home

Reaction Score
This is the problem... compare and contrast with the full video above.

Yeah, just don't know what to make of that. There was apparently some kind of distraction to the left.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There were some fleeting moments where Jack Zergiotis looked good… but they were far outweighed by long stretches of bad. Hoping RE was mistaken in his qb assessment.
FHCRE was mistaken with almost all of his game day assessments this last go around. All I know is that we could put a D lineman under center and the results probably couldn’t get any worse than they have been. Can only be as bad or better from here.

Reaction Score
Glad Steven Krajewski is getting a chance. We just need to remember this is week 1 for him with less prep and a shoddy OL. Coaches and Steve have a big challenge this week.
Have we heard much from our OC on changes for this week? On the o-line? Or is everything still a big secret to keep opponents "in the dark".

Reaction Score
The QB switch had to be made, it would be complete malpractice at this point not to - now please make them tackle guys running wild in the open field!

Reaction Score
Glad Steven Krajewski is getting a chance. We just need to remember this is week 1 for him with less prep and a shoddy OL. Coaches and Steve have a big challenge this week.
Have we heard much from our OC on changes for this week? On the o-line? Or is everything still a big secret to keep opponents "in the dark".

New depth chart, Fortin at Center

UConn Blog Depth Chart for Purdue

Reaction Score
Actually did some checking, Krajewski was also offered by Syracuse. Guess which coach made the recruiting trip and visited him in Georgia? Rhett Lashlee!!!
Yes, exactly and that’s why Randy never gave him much of a chance.
I do wonder who the offense mind is on this stafff - I honestly can’t identify one.

Reaction Score
He had more time to get ready than any QB in the country. He probably isn't good, and that's fine.
He’s Canadian, he did not cross a time continuum. He had the same amount of time as everyone else. If anything, he had less due to fact that they did not play.

Reaction Score

My favorite part of this video is seeing the actual scores and Purdues record. Don't get me wrong, I think Purdue is better than UConn .... so is every FBS program in the country and a majority of FCS.... but putting a video of your team getting slaughtered with sub .500 record with some defensive stops is what I wish our marketing department would step up and do

Reaction Score
As a person who was wanting to see Steven Krajewski win the QB competition, I do have at least one fear.

What if he is actually worse than Jack Zergiotis??

Chin i agree with wanting to see Steven Krajewski... I feel like UConn has an epically amazing way of screwing high-potential QB's along with their confidence by playing them in the worst possible scenario. Instead of throwing Steven Krajewski in for the second half of Holy Cross SKs being thrown into he fire in against a Big 10 team that loves to blitz. When he inevitably takes sacks and throws a couple of INT's I hope UConn nation doesn't give up on him and forget that Jack was given the benefit of the doubt for the past three years/two actual seasons. My biggest concern at this point is Steve getting injured because of our Online issue, specifically Ludnt. I will say Fortin back at center is huge. The games after Purdue will be much more telling on what Krajewski's is all about.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Won't win any more than one game on it's own. There are at least 25 guys that need to play better. Already playing for next year two games in. Who will stay, who will go, and who will hop aboard.

Reaction Score
FHCRE was mistaken with almost all of his game day assessments this last go around. All I know is that we could put a D lineman under center and the results probably couldn’t get any worse than they have been. Can only be as bad or better from here.
I agree 100% from a game day perspective RE comes up short. Remember that time he didn't think Beavers was an undersized LB that would fit our defense? How about our significant transfers many on here might forget.... see if some of these ring a bell... Tyler Coyle (Cowboys)... Donovan Williams... Tyler Davis at Georgia Tech (Colts) ... also many on here won't forget how much talent Endres had that Edsall with his zero-tolerance policy (with certain players) let go for some Pot.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This Is The End Reaction GIF

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Agree! Rooting for the team but Spanos isn’t the answer. Simply a band aid to ride out this era. Line up a capable guy and keep the incoming class in tact.
Correct. He is not the answer. Anyone with even close to 20/20 vision can see that.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% from a game day perspective RE comes up short. Remember that time he didn't think Beavers was an undersized LB that would fit our defense? How about our significant transfers many on here might forget.... see if some of these ring a bell... Tyler Coyle (Cowboys)... Donovan Williams... Tyler Davis at Georgia Tech (Colts) ... also many on here won't forget how much talent Endres had that Edsall with his zero-tolerance policy (with certain players) let go for some Pot.
He moved Beavers to DE because he was the best option as a pass rusher Donavsn William's was looking at being the 3rd string TE as a senior.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chin i agree with wanting to see Steven Krajewski... I feel like UConn has an epically amazing way of screwing high-potential QB's along with their confidence by playing them in the worst possible scenario. Instead of throwing Steven Krajewski in for the second half of Holy Cross SKs being thrown into he fire in against a Big 10 team that loves to blitz. When he inevitably takes sacks and throws a couple of INT's I hope UConn nation doesn't give up on him and forget that Jack was given the benefit of the doubt for the past three years/two actual seasons. My biggest concern at this point is Steve getting injured because of our Online issue, specifically Ludnt. I will say Fortin back at center is huge. The games after Purdue will be much more telling on what Krajewski's is all about.

I am concerned for his health.

I am not as concerned about his numbers as much as I am about the dreaded "eye test". So much of what Jack Zergiotis did poorly was just not having the feel for pocket pressure, not knowing how to put air under the ball, how and where to lead a receiver, etc. Even the bomb TD pass by Jack Zergiotis was underthrown by 5 yards. He had a swing pass to Mensah who was coming out of the backfield that was behind and at his knees costing valuable yards.

So, what would I like to see from Steven Krajewski in his first start? Command of the huddle- calling the play, breaking huddle early, reading defense and making any adjustments at the line that the staff has okayed. Once the ball is snapped- clean grabs from the center, clean hand offs for runs; on pass plays, a quick drop and deciveness. If the primary option is open, sling it to him. If it's not there, quickly move through progressions and get rid of the ball. An incomplete pass to the sidelines is much better than a sack.

Do I expect him to do all of this well against Purdue? Nope. Just want to see some fundamentals and good choices so there is something for the staff to see on film and build on going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom