Krajewski to start on Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Krajewski to start on Saturday

Reaction Score
I kinda wish we didn't throw Steven Krajewski into the fire vs our second best opponent this year. Hope it doesn't destroy his confidence.

4:07 - except as good as he was, Shawn Phillips was no karlaftis … hoping to see Yanni karlaftis make his debut at linebacker ..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A few other changes beyond QB;

1) The staff had ideas for changing in season practice that Randy didnt want to make...those will now happen.
2) The staff had ideas for changing their respective unit groups/schemes, expect more of those ideas to flow going forward.
3) Looks like more guys are coming back for the Purdue game; Watts at DE, Fortin at C, Swenson at LB and Harrell at S. Maybe we will see wider participation in this next game, I noticed guys like DJ Morgan haven't been playing. Surely Morgan can help us with a series or two.

The players respected Randy, they didn't hate him, but as this unique situation unfolded over the past 24 hours the balance of the staff and the players wanted full change in order to put an end to the approach that wasn't working and remove the guy that didn't like to make changes. The staff was becoming frustrating their ideas for improvement were not seriously considered.

My take; don't expect radical change this week against Purdue, we are a limited team with limited scheming ability. However, maybe the absence of the the 'great stubborn one' will allow for more progress, more adjustment, more experimentation which leads us down a path of real improvement in the weeks ahead.

The Edsall 2.0 era ended abruptly after the Holy Cross debacle because Edsall couldn't be anyone but rigid Randy and the results just weren't coming.

Reaction Score
Couldn't even put Steven Krajewski in the HC game. Total coaching malfeasance.

Reaction Score

1) The staff had ideas for changing in season practice that Randy didnt want to make...those will now happen.
2) The staff had ideas for changing their respective unit groups/schemes, expect more of those ideas to flow going forward.
3) Looks like more guys are coming back for the Purdue game; Watts at DE, Fortin at C, Swenson at LB and Harrell at S. Maybe we will see wider participation in this next game, I noticed guys like DJ Morgan haven't been playing. Surely Morgan can help us with a series or two.

The players respected Randy, they didn't hate him, but as this unique situation unfolded over the past 24 hours the balance of the staff and the players wanted full change in order to put an end to the approach that wasn't working and remove the guy that didn't like to make changes. The staff was becoming frustrating their ideas for improvement were not seriously considered.

My take; don't expect radical change this week against Purdue, we are a limited team with limited scheming ability. However, maybe the absence of the the 'great stubborn one' will allow for more progress, more adjustment, more experimentation which leads us down a path of real improvement in the weeks ahead.

The Edsall 2.0 era ended abruptly after the Holy Cross debacle because Edsall couldn't be anyone but rigid Randy and the results just weren't coming.

Reaction Score
I kinda wish we didn't throw Steven Krajewski into the fire vs our second best opponent this year. Hope it doesn't destroy his confidence.
He got thrown into the UCF (#22 ranked team at the time) game without warning and did well. At least this time he will have a week to prepare and watch film. I think he will be fine. Lets hope everything works out for him and the team.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Agree! Rooting for the team but Spanos isn’t the answer. Simply a band aid to ride out this era. Line up a capable guy and keep the incoming class in tact.

Again what do you expect. Sometimes I don't think people pay attention to the situation. He for now is the man for the job. You don't hire someone in the beginning of the season. You go with what you have. He is the best choice considering his background.
Alabama, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, UCLA, and the Pittsburgh Steelers for 15 years.

Reaction Score
This is the problem... compare and contrast with the full video above.

You're right... THIS is the problem... The problem that EVERYBODY always pulls just that split second of the moment, like this, one comment (out of a whole bunch of words said when somebody tries to make a point)... EVERYTHING can easily be misinterpreted when we do this...

Oh, the great world of social media... manipulates the moment... Helps create even more issues... without issues none of this stuff survives...

Reaction Score
Again what do you expect. Sometimes I don't think people pay attention to the situation. He for now is the man for the job. You don't hire someone in the beginning of the season. You go with what you have. He is the best choice considering his background.
Alabama, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, UCLA, and the Pittsburgh Steelers for 15 years.
Read my post!!! I am saying the same THING!! Now go unwind those panties..

Reaction Score
You're right... THIS is the problem... The problem that EVERYBODY always pulls just that split second of the moment, like this, one comment (out of a whole bunch of words said when somebody tries to make a point)... EVERYTHING can easily be misinterpreted when we do this...

Oh, the great world of social media... manipulates the moment... Helps create even more issues... without issues none of this stuff survives...
On top of this, I'm surprised it was a UConn alum that posted that. Why would he trash your own program and mislead everybody about a situation? I'm really perplexed by this.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It does stink that Steven Krajewski is being thrown into the starting role against Purdue. However, if you are going to show you are going to step into taking the reigns of being the starting QB, you do what you can. Do we expect a win? Not I. I do expect some accuracy on throws and competency from the position. I want to see what we didn't see the past two games. If he at least shows that, I'm confident he's the guy moving forward.

It's a tough spot to be put in for starting but if you're a FBS athlete, you step up no matter the opponent and show why you are starting.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

This has always been the knock on Randy. He doesn't allow his coordinators to do their thing. I believe it was Moorehead who came on as the OC and we were all pumped because we were finally going to spread it out and run a more modern offense. He was never given the ability to do that. It will be interesting to see if all of our criticism of our OC was legit or if it was Randy being Randy and limiting his play calling.

Reaction Score
You have to try Steven Krajewski at QB as Jack Zergiotis is just not working. Two years ago Jack Zergiotis looked like a freshman with promise, but with some throwing flaws. That said, he had 2 off-seasons to improve his throwing mechanics and it doesn't look like it happened. And, playing QB in practice and in scrimmages is different than playing QB in games.

Reaction Score
As bad as QB play was against Holy Cross, it wasn't the reason for the loss. If you score 28 against an FCS team, you should win.

UConn's QB had 4 turnovers, 3 INTs and 1 fumble vs. 1 turnover for HC for a net turnover rate of -3. If you look at history, a -3 net turnover rate means you are going to lose the game between 80% and 90% of the time. With UConn's weaknesses, there is no way they are overcoming a -3 turnover rate.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UConn's QB had 4 turnovers, 3 INTs and 1 fumble vs. 1 turnover for HC for a net turnover rate of -3. If you look at history, a -3 net turnover rate means you are going to lose the game between 80% and 90% of the time. With UConn's weaknesses, there is no way they are overcoming a -3 turnover rate.
Usually it's unfair to hang a loss on one player...in this case its warranted.

Reaction Score
My happiness over this decision shouldn't be taken by Zergiotis that I'm not rooting for him to improve and kick butt, because I am. But I've thought for quite a long time that Krajewski was the better QB, and I'm glad the kid will finally get a chance to show it...
Wasn’t Krajewski recruited by some big time programs?

Reaction Score

Yep, and one TO resulted in an immediate TD, the others gave HC offense a short field. Put huge pressures on a young, learning defensive squad way too many times throughout the game.

Too many short possessions by the offense, too. Too many incomplete passes stopping the clock. HC had an ~33>26 TOP advantage. I just checked the box score and was stunned to see that of all 7 drives that ended in punts, EVERY SINGLE ONE had a 2:00 or less TOP. Six of the 7 had a 1:23 TOP or less!!!!

Not making excuses, but these all likely had some contribution to the backbreaker QB run on 3rd & 2 late in the game. Defense was gassed largely as a result of offense.

All Steven Krajewski needs to do is be a bit more accurate to move the chains a little more and throw less INTs and there will be a net positive effect on the overall team play.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
All Steven Krajewski needs to do is be a bit more accurate to move the chains a little more and throw less INTs and there will be a net positive effect on the overall team play.

I wouldn't mind seeing some RPO or option QB action too with Steven Krajewski. He has length and wheels and should be a reliable rusher as long as he's able to stay on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom