Kokenis retires | The Boneyard

Kokenis retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
That's too bad it didn't turn out better.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They lose Kokenis and Redshirt Aly Beebe..tough blows..their Juniors and Freshmen will need to be huge this year to make noise.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kokenis and Ally Beebe!!!

That's gonna hurt a bit I would think. Maybe some of the Cardinal fans can let us know how much.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kokenis is much bigger blow than Beebe. She has a very high Bball IQ and was a very good distributor of the ball. Orrange is going to have to play a lot of minutes and improve. I would expect the freshman Samuelson will get good minutes.
Beebe missed the club year between her junior and senior HS season, her senior HS season and now her first two years of college. So that will be 3+ years before she even hits the court. I saw her before she was a freshman at St Josephs HS, she was very good and improved each year. I hate injuries.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
May not be as big of a loss if Stanford is able to put Mikaela Ruef back on Scholarship. They were unale to give her one because of too many players.

Stanford Roster - Link I feel bad for Toni, but not for Stanford.

Reaction Score
They lose Kokenis and Redshirt Aly Beebe..tough blows..their Juniors and Freshmen will need to be huge this year to make noise.

They return starters Orrange, James, Ruef, and Chiney.
Plus Bonnie S and Greenfield
Add Frosh McCall, K Johnson, and Karlie S

That's a pretty good top 9.
The only issue is that guard play will fall heavily on Orrange. They'll need James and one of the other 4-5 guards on roster to step up.

They also wont have a lot of competition in the Pac, so they'll have time to gain confidence.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Add Frosh McCall, K Johnson, and Kaili S

The only issue is that guard play will fall heavily on Orrange. They'll need James and one of the other 4-5 guards on roster to step up.

It is a pretty good top 9 but I've been underwhelmed by the junior class. They have been so quiet. They didn't really make the huge jump from Freshmen year to Sophomore year that I was expecting. Same thing with Sara James..Although she was much improved this past year. The frosh are unproven so who knows what they will do. I'm not saying the Stanford team isn't talented. But Kokenis and Chiney together gave that team more of an identity. I think the Juniors, not just Orrange, need to show up this year. I believe they can do it but now it is more pertinent that they do.

Reaction Score
This is unfortunate news.... I really liked Kokenis and the way she played..... she was tough, and knew what she was doing on the back line..... hopefully someone will step up for them in her absence

Reaction Score
Add Frosh McCall, K Johnson, and Karlie S

They also wont have a lot of competition in the Pac, so they'll have time to gain confidence.

They have 1 guard returning who is shooting above 36%. I don't see a great team

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hate to see a playing career cut short. Her health is the most important thing.

Reaction Score
I read that Aly Beebe tore her ACL for the third time. Thinking of Caroline's challenges, I find Beebe challenges extremely hard to even think about.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
May not be as big of a loss if Stanford is able to put Mikaela Ruef back on Scholarship. They were unale to give her one because of too many players.

Ruef was going to play anyway (non-scholarship), so that doesn't make any difference for the team. Of course it will be nice for Ruef if she is given the available scholarship.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I read that Aly Beebe tore her ACL for the third time. Thinking of Caroline's challenges, I find Beebe challenges extremely hard to even think about.

On Stanford's men's team, Andy Brown returned after 3 ACL tears and started several games last season. Now he has a 4th ACL tear and is retiring too. :(

Reaction Score

Both Beebe and Kokenis put the "terrible break" of not being able to play in an all star game in perspective.

Reaction Score
They will still be the #1 seed in the west :rolleyes:

Dunno. Where are the quality wins going to come from?
Probably not in a down PAC. Unlikely at UConn. A home win over Tenn alone wouldn't cut it. They also have nonconf vs Texas and UCDavis. Not sure whom else.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, it's already better than Baylor's OOC schedule :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If they go undefeated in the PAC - not necessarily a given - and don't lose any WTF games, then I suspect the #1 seed in the west is likely to be theirs. Because of the geographic distribution of #1 seeds (something I haven't heard being changed) and the lack of any other power in the west, if they earn a number one seed they are pretty much guaranteed it will be in the west. Or, at worst, a number 2, likewise almost certainly in the West region.

Reaction Score
I don't know wht you mean by the geographic distribution of #1 seeds.
The committee ranks the teams FIRST, then it assigns them to regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom