Kofi cuts to 8 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi cuts to 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brewster actually started Adams and Crisp as guards, Simon and Donovan as 2/3 type players, and Derrikkson(sp) at the 5, but, offensively they were all outside the paint because Derrickson was such a lethal 3 point shooter. He ate Enoch up by shooting 3's over him and then driving by him when Enoch stepped out. The exact same scenario as Tyler Lydon of New Hampton used to slaughter Enoch for over 30pts. Simon was good, but as good as he was, he was the least impressive of the 5. UConn, Washington, Louisville, Arizona, Georgetown starters, with Wisconsin, Virginia, and lesser school recruits on the bench. Simon never stood out at that time with shooting, scoring, ball handling, rebounding, or defense, but was solid in all ways and would show quality in a play here and there. Adams' half court behind the back pass for an ali-oop dunk a la Ernie D, is still one of the best plays I have ever seen, and was posted here at the time. Simon would be a great addition if that happened. His versatility allows a team to play many ways. (As a second thought the Adams play might have been to Crisp vs Simon)

I hate threads that move off topic so I'm sorry to put this here. Kofi to recruiting vs St Johns, to stealing a St Johns grad transfer from Brewster, to comments about Brewster related to the team Simon was on, … I'm all in on back to Kofi.

Reaction Score
It's nice to hear we're in the mix for Mitchell and Wahab, but I'm hard-on Cockburn and I'd want nothing else but Cockburn.

We haven't had a center like him since Drummond and he'd be our best recruit since Jalen Adams.

Reaction Score
People comparing Illinois to USF based off the last decade may as well start comparing UConn to UTEP if we don't make it past the first weekend in the next two years. The two programs aren't even remotely on the same level. Illinois has as many Final Fours as we do. They have as many Final Fours as Georgetown, Villanova, Florida, Houston, and Oklahoma. They have more than Arizona.

USF has made the tournament 3 times in their history.

Stop with the stupidity. I may not be overly worried about Illinois in the CB sweepstakes, but that doesn't mean I have to be ignorant of basketball history. Kendall Gill, Kenny Battle, and the Flyin' Illini were awesome. Also, even though they've been in a down cycle, they still made more tournaments since 2005 than USF has ever, and made more S16 since 2005 (1) than USF ever has.
I'm not a big fan of comparing programs to make it seem like they're lesser than others especially lesser to ours. You have to realize that AAC UConn is not the Old BE UConn, and that many middle of the pack BCS conference programs have been clearly perceived by recruits as more attractive landing spots than Storrs CT during the past few years. With that said, let's hope that Hurley puts us back on the preferred destination map.

It took JC a number of years to make UConn a top and dominant program, and that was when we were in the old Big East conference. In his early years, JC did more with less, then began to do much more with better, and then strung a bunch of NCs in a short period of time with a combination of handful of pretty highly-ranked recruits, while still loading up the roster with under ranked, under evaluated and coached up talent.

Hurley did a really nice job of pulling in two under-ranked guards that will probably turn out to be a lot more talented than their rankings dictate when it's all said and done. I just hope he lands a few talented bigs, regardless of how high their rankings are and put Storrs CT back on the map as one of college basketball's major powers. At this point, I'd just like to see us make the tournament and win a few post season games.

Reaction Score
Tzznandrew. To respond to Monday’s post about comparing Illinois to USF was being a more recent comparison sprinkled in with some humor. Yes Illinois was good back in the late 80(u forgot Marcus liberty too) but RECENTLY(past 10 years, they have not done much. 1 final four in last 25-30 years. Of course they are better than USF as a whole but it’s prolly more likely now that they would lose to USF than beat a loaded ky or duke squad

Reaction Score
Illinois is like the bc of the big 10. Used to be a quality program in hoops and football but now irrelevant. Illinois prolly a little better overall. Don’t think anyone more brutal than bc lately. Didn’t both there football and hoop teams go winless in conference play a couple years ago?

Reaction Score
Any word about OVs for Kofi? Things have been quiet since he cut his list to five.

Reaction Score
Kofi and Precious, just waiting out this fall visiting schedule with no sense of urgency... I kind of respect it. Officials get a lot harder to take once the seasons start, though.

C

Chief00

Kofi and Precious, just waiting out this fall visiting schedule with no sense of urgency... I kind of respect it. Officials get a lot harder to take once the seasons start, though.

Let me think about this for awhile before responding.

Reaction Score
I think at this point the staff is looking to create a feeling of FOMO for the remaining recruits on the board as it relates to our program. Try to encourage some faster decision making than originally planned.

Reaction Score
Not sure why Kofi has not narrowed his list or started to create official visits. Oak Hill typically likes their kids to have made a decision before the start of their season. I am not sure how to read the radio silence.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure why Kofi has not narrowed his list or started to create official visits. Oak Hill typically likes their kids to have made a decision before the start of their season. I am not sure how to read the radio silence.

Guess it's what other people have put forth on here: he wants offers from the big boys--Duke, UK, Kansas et al. The wider and slower he keeps his recruitment, the longer the door is open for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Kofi literally called UConn a blue blood program last month. People are grasping at straws simply because of the fact that his visit dates haven't been announced. There is no reason to go down that rabbit hole.

I do agree with you, but no visits set would indicate that he will wait till the spring which is not ideal for UConn, and that is why I think we are stepping up our pursuit of Wahab.

Reaction Score
I do agree with you, but no visits set would indicate that he will wait till the spring which is not ideal for UConn, and that is why I think we are stepping up our pursuit of Wahab.
I think Kofi's visits will be announced sometime in the next week or two. I don't think he waits until the spring to commit. Wahab visiting doesn't mean he's suddenly more of a priority than Kofi. Wahab is a Pitt lean anyway.

Reaction Score
I think Kofi's visits will be announced sometime in the next week or two. I don't think he waits until the spring to commit. Wahab visiting doesn't mean he's suddenly more of a priority than Kofi. Wahab is a Pitt lean anyway.

I’m thinking he’s leaning towards Pitt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom