Kofi Crystal Ball to Illinois | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Crystal Ball to Illinois

pj

Reaction Score
They still have to close Akok and Mitchell, but if we can get Wahab if Kofi goes elsewhere, it's still a great class.

Might take an extra year to mature, but Wahab-Mitchell-Akok would be a decent frontcourt rotation with Sid and Polley at the 3.

Reaction Score
with mitchell being able to play the 4 and/or 5 he'd fit perfectly with akok and wahab. hurley could mix and match as necessary. landing these two guys would still give us a borderline top 10 recruiting class. awesome. still pumped.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not even then. Wahab will have a great college career but he won’t command starter minutes from day 1 like Kofi. Kofi would run Carlton out of the gym from the very first practice. We need Kofi. I’ll gladly take Wahab if we miss on him but it’s not an equal tradeoff.
Yeah I never said they were an equal tradeoff.
I think you and I agree. You saying "I'll gladly take Wahab" is essentially my point.
Kofi is obviously #1 priority and a huge step in the right direction for this program if we get him alongside Akok. But it's not the end of the world if Kofi goes elsewhere and we get Wahab (a raw big man with high upside and will actually be coached from Day 1 unlike our recent lineage of big men).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I’m an optimist but hate that none of our insiders have chimed in with the winking emoji.

Reaction Score
What confuses me is if the staff doesn’t think they definetely have either Kofi or Wahab wrapped up, why have we not been trying to recruit anyone else? We need help in the front court badly
Sounds like the Ol(lie) eggs in one basket approach to recruiting. Hope that’s not the case especially with Tom on the trail

Reaction Score
Fwiw i just looked at 24/7's JUCO rankings and 2019 commit list. Our old friend Dimon Carrigan is the only decent big left and he projects as a 3 star 4. That ship has sailed.

Reaction Score
We are recruiting other players. We just don’t hear about it much.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just like when the Red Sox won the World Series in 04' someone may come knocking on your day in the future asking for that finger. You posted it on the internet. It is now forever.
Well he didn't say it would be his finger.

Reaction Score
Well he didn't say it would be his finger.
Fair point! I just remember the commercials of a guy saying he'd give his right nut and another guy his first born for a Red Sox World Series win lol. They actually showed up after the Red Sox won to collect!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom