Kofi Crystal Ball to Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Crystal Ball to Illinois

Reaction Score
He averaged 13/9 his sophomore year. I would cut off a finger for that production from a big man.

Touche, please keep all your body parts intact though.

Reaction Score
E645DEBA-753C-4C18-A5D4-6156E4E3B279.png
So I guess he’s fine with only 2 visits? Looks like he could be down to good guys and Illinois

Reaction Score
This would be a huge loss on the recruiting trail. Please lord let us have Kofi! I don't want to watch Josh Carlton start at center next season.

losing kofi is one thing, but having josh start again next year is a whole nother story. if kofi goes to illi i'm not gonna throw my hands up in despair until we miss out on wahab and mitchell too.

Reaction Score
He averaged 13/9 his sophomore year. I would cut off a finger for that production from a big man.
Just like when the Red Sox won the World Series in 04' someone may come knocking on your day in the future asking for that finger. You posted it on the internet. It is now forever.

Reaction Score
We can only afford to lose this one if we get Wahab.

Not even then. Wahab will have a great college career but he won’t command starter minutes from day 1 like Kofi. Kofi would run Carlton out of the gym from the very first practice. We need Kofi. I’ll gladly take Wahab if we miss on him but it’s not an equal tradeoff.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I agree with all the takes here, but it might be time to wrap our heads around not having him. This was definitely a priority recruit, but it’s not looking good. Wahab isn’t a slam dunk either, so we might need to prepare for that as well.

Reaction Score
Or if we want to win next year. Wahab would still be a good get but I don't think he starts next year like Kofi would
To be honest, I don't really see how Wahab helps us. Losing Kofi would hurt badly, I don't know what happened on his visit but I heard they weren't even a threat beforehand....I like Tre Mitchell. Haven't heard any other names really but the last thing we need is another reach like Coulibaly.

We need impact bigs next season or more pain.

Reaction Score
Not entirely unexpected after OVs. Staff will make some emergency calls/visits and get this locked down.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I don't really see how Wahab helps us. Losing Kofi would hurt badly, I don't know what happened on his visit but I heard they weren't even a threat beforehand....I like Tre Mitchell. Haven't heard any other names really but the last thing we need is another reach like Coulibaly.

Wahab helps us protect the rim. But he's probably not an impact guy until he's a JR.

Reaction Score
yeah I think we are looking good with Kofi. Maybe we could snag precious after that. If not I’d be satisfied with tre Mitchell. But I think he might do a post grad year then come in 2020.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

I’ve come around a lot on Mitchell. He needs a lot of time with Coach Sal, but I’m much more intrigued by his upside at this point. That said, he isn’t an immediate solution to our problem. If Kofi is gone, we need to be a heavy player on the grad transfer market, even if we get Mitchell or Wahab

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
What confuses me is if the staff doesn’t think they definetely have either Kofi or Wahab wrapped up, why have we not been trying to recruit anyone else? We need help in the front court badly

Reaction Score
Not entirely unexpected after OVs. Staff will make some emergency calls/visits and get this locked down.
I'm guessing he's going to Illinois.....BG10. If UConn was still UConn we would get him probably but we're a couple years away from being competitive.

Reaction Score
What are our insiders saying about Kofi as of now? I know we felt confident before the Illinois visit, but nobody has really said much following said visit.

Reaction Score
chief was on top of all the late breaking akok news but he's been noticeably quiet for the past couple weeks

Reaction Score
What confuses me is if the staff doesn’t think they definetely have either Kofi or Wahab wrapped up, why have we not been trying to recruit anyone else? We need help in the front court badly
I take that the other way and interpret is they aren’t concerned. Def glass half full thinking but this coaching staffs ability to recruit buys them that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom