Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
over the next immediate 1 or possibly 2 years Kofi is going to be in school and our current trajectory are you sure you want to hang your hat on that?

Crap I would almost take that bet from the Illini side and I know nothing about them.
I know a lot about them and it isn't the dumpster fire everyone here makes it out to be. They'll have 2 top 40 players starting next year and a very good point guard. A coach(who is not on the hot seat) with a record of 127-56 and four tourney appearances in 6 years as a head coach. I don't know if they cheated or not but I do know they got our top remaining recruiting target. Predicting the Illini are going to get caught because of Antigua is like saying Kentucky was going to get caught with Antigua. Could it be that they sold a vision of a program that has been much more good than bad over the last 40 years and how Kofi could return them there. Where would he have heard that before? Maybe they mentioned he could play in the big 10 which has 4 teams in the top 25. And Ayo Dosumno and Kofi are tight. That didn't hurt either. Next.

C

Chief00

Few things better than a roadtrip to New Orleans. Although I ended up in a COPS outtake my first time. Wouldn't recommend that.

All things considered, we could be in a much worse spot. Wahab and Mitchell could have committed by now. Nobody bats 100% and some of our favorite Huskies of all time were offered because we whiffed on our first choice. Hello, Brandon Jennings.

Long romances don’t seem to work well. The quick ones are better.

Reaction Score
I am unaware of a contract that stipulates who must be taken in a NCAA breakaway.

The P5 are a real thing bound contractually. How are they going to break away if not as the single entity they already are in the legislation?

Plus, the more the P5 shrink (even if thy gain Texas and Oklahoma) the more resistance they'll find from states on the outside poking at their antitrust status.

I think the B12 schools are safely in no matter what happens. They will not be frozen out. The only questions are whether they will add more than 2 schools if 2 schools leave, and for us, will UConn show a pulse in 6 years when the issue comes up?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What in the world are you talking about?

You're deranged. I don't think the AAC is a top conference.

You’ve argued for years it’s equal to or better than the Big East.

Reaction Score
he doesn't think either is a good conference, just that the aac has the dubious honor of being "better" than the NBE. "the best of a bad lot" as they used to say.

Reaction Score
I know a lot about them and it isn't the dumpster fire everyone here makes it out to be. They'll have 2 top 40 players starting next year and a very good point guard. A coach(who is not on the hot seat) with a record of 127-56 and four tourney appearances in 6 years as a head coach. I don't know if they cheated or not but I do know they got our top remaining recruiting target. Predicting the Illini are going to get caught because of Antigua is like saying Kentucky was going to get caught with Antigua. Could it be that they sold a vision of a program that has been much more good than bad over the last 40 years and how Kofi could return them there. Where would he have heard that before? Maybe they mentioned he could play in the big 10 which has 4 teams in the top 25. And Ayo Dosumno and Kofi are tight. That didn't hurt either. Next.

Something no one has said is that Antigua is a great big man coach. He has coached elite players like Demarcus Cousins, and Anthony Davis, and even at his short time at Illinois he has shown he can coach up lesser guys too (Leron Black last year, Giorgi Benzhanishvili this year). I certainly don't blame any Uconn fans for being upset with Illinois being the choice. But if Illinois is cheating, they are doing a pretty bad job of it, because outside of Kofi and Ayo Dosunmu, recruiting has not been pretty under Underwood.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Illinois is in the top 20 in all-time wins. Less seasons played.

Is this really the most impressive thing you guys have to brag about?

Given your complete lack of postseason success and ability to develop NBA players, I would think you'd be a little more humble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
he doesn't think either is a good conference, just that the aac has the dubious honor of being "better" than the NBE. "the best of a bad lot" as they used to say.

Yeah that’s like thinking Ruth Chris and Ruby Tuesday’s sell the serve the same quality steak.

Reaction Score
Like I said before they may have a “rich” hoops history the past 40 years, but last 20 years have been brutal. Besides the Kendall Gill, Kenny battle,nick anderson and Marcus liberty days of the late 80s/early 90s and that deron Williams Run in 05, they have been a non factor. Cud make the argument uconn football has had a better last 15 years than Illini football. We played okla in the fiesta bowl, what was Illinois football zenith last 15 years?

Reaction Score
i wonder how many of their "top 20 in all time wins" they would trade for a championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom