Kofi Cockburn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn does a great job recruiting guards and small forwards in their history, and not as well at the power forward, center position. Do you think big guys look at UConn as a team that does not utilize that position, and don't want to go there, or has UConn just been poor at recruiting that position?
Once UConn started winning with bigs, they did fine in recruiting bigs. Of the top of my head:

2003-12
Boone
Villanueva
Bynum
Adrien
Kelly
Oriakhi
Drummond
Daniels

Reaction Score
Once UConn started winning with bigs, they did fine in recruiting bigs. Of the top of my head:

2003-12
Boone
Villanueva
Bynum
Adrien
Kelly
Oriakhi
Drummond
Daniels
It seems like we always have a plethora
I wouldn’t single out the bigs as being less impressive, remember our shot blocking streak? We’ve had good bigs for a long time.
good point on the shot blocking

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
You don't lead the nation in blocked shots for nearly a decade straight without doing a fantastic job of recruiting frontcourt players.
From '94 thru 2012 here were our starting 5s:

94-96: Knight (top 40 recruit, first round draft pick)
97-00: Voskhul (top 200 recruit, second round draft pick)
01: Wane (n/a, did not make the NBA)
02-04: Emeka (top 100 recruit, lottery pick)
05-06: Boone (top 60 recruit, first-round pick) & Hilton (top 200 recruit, lottery pick)
07-09: Hasheem (n/a, lottery pick)
10-11: Oriakhi (top 25 recruit, second-round pick)
12: Andre (top 2 recruit, lottery pick)

That's a two-decade span during which we always had – save for one year – either a five-star recruit or a future NBA player as our center.

We recruited the 5 pretty, pretty well!

Reaction Score
Kofi has his mind made up; he is just enjoying the process and trying to mimic his boy Cole Anthony.

Reaction Score
Emeka and Boone absolutely, Jake was good, Thabeet great shot blocker, Knight I would say not prototypical center. Drummond was on an underachieving team, so it felt like he was not even there. Great pro though

Reaction Score
Please explain?

I am very confident Kofi will be a husky next year.

The visits he has/ is setting up are formalities that allow him to travel and enjoy some fun weekends for free. They are almost laughable though. He is not going to Pittsburgh; he is not going to Illinois. These are essentially thank you for recruiting me, I want to be respectful and go see your university trips and keep Oak Hill and the Rens in good standing.

Dan Hurley is playing chess. WQ goes to Pitt and that takes them out of the Kofi sweepstakes (which they are barely in).

His best friend and reason for going to Oak Hill is Cole Anthony and Cole might literally be the last person to sign in this class. To put it mildly, Kofi enjoys the recruiting process and the attention he gets, and he is no rush to make a decision.

This isn't to say something crazy can't happen, but things are trending very well right now.

Reaction Score

05-06: Boone (top 60 recruit, first-round pick) & Hilton (top 200 recruit, lottery pick)

That's a two-decade span during which we always had – save for one year – either a five-star recruit or a future NBA player as our center.

For a long time UConn was considered wing U, then it was big man U, then it was point guard U.

Reaction Score

I remember us leading the nation in blocks for multiple years. The way hurley recruits...I think we get back to that.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
For a long time UConn was considered wing U, then it was big man U, then it was point guard U.

So now we’re baskeball u?

Reaction Score
I never remember us being known as big man U, we always had wings or guards that overshadowed any bigs we had, and again I am not saying we haven't had any good ones. UConn is known for their guards, and wings, and tall guys that can block shots and there is nothing wrong with that, if you win, and we have won.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

The visits he has/ is setting up are formalities that allow him to travel and enjoy some fun weekends for free. They are almost laughable though. He is not going to Pittsburgh; he is not going to Illinois. These are essentially thank you for recruiting me, I want to be respectful and go see your university trips and keep Oak Hill and the Rens in good standing.

Dan Hurley is playing chess. WQ goes to Pitt and that takes them out of the Kofi sweepstakes (which they are barely in).

His best friend and reason for going to Oak Hill is Cole Anthony and Cole might literally be the last person to sign in this class. To put it mildly, Kofi enjoys the recruiting process and the attention he gets, and he is no rush to make a decision.

This isn't to say something crazy can't happen, but things are trending very well right now.
Obligatory "We're Doomed!"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Rumor has it cole might announce to unc soon, he was at their game yesterday. I do agree the other schools recruiting him shouldn’t be threats. Let’s just hope Kentucky doesn’t pivot late.

Reaction Score
I never remember us being known as big man U, we always had wings or guards that overshadowed any bigs we had, and again I am not saying we haven't had any good ones. UConn is known for their guards, and wings, and tall guys that can block shots and there is nothing wrong with that, if you win, and we have won.
2003-09, the majority of UConn's best players were bigs - Emeka, Charlie, Boone, Hilton, Jeff Adrien, Hasheem. Those guys listed are more than just "tall guys that can block shots".

Reaction Score

Not for nothing but Uncle Cliff the Spliff Robinson was drafted in 89 and played 18 seasons in the NBA at PF/C.

Reaction Score
2003-09, the majority of UConn's best players were bigs - Emeka, Charlie, Boone, Hilton, Jeff Adrien, Hasheem. Those guys listed are more than just "tall guys that can block shots".
Charlie, Hilton, Adrien, and Thabeet, all good players, but never the best players on our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom