Kofi Cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_0998.PNG

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like my 2019-20 UConn Huskies like I like my breakfast.

Reaction Score
He literally does this all the time, just wants attention. Not a bad thing, just pointing it out.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if Kofi went to Kentucky as the back up to the back up plan. Confident about Akok as of now tho

Reaction Score
Just have to pour it on with recruiting. We can’t fear UK. We have to move forward like there is no better place to be than UConn. These guys can do that and Memphis killing it only helps. Cal is fading.

Reaction Score
Eh - Pitt is kinda on everyone right now. There's obviously lots of playing time to be had there, it's the ACC.

That's it though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Eh - Pitt is kinda on everyone right now. There's obviously lots of playing time to be had there, it's the ACC.

That's it though.

There's money to be had to, if Capel remains true to form.

Reaction Score
Or maybe these guys finally see UK/Calipari for what it is, a showcase and not much else. When you get most of the top recruits and don’t win ships it will eventually reverse course, albeit a little less severe than a place like UConn

UK still has top 5 recruiting classes. That said, the top kids are kinda over UK at this point. This is going to to be the 4th year in a row UK hasn't signed a top 5 kid. It sounds insane to criticize their recruiting but when you are trying to rely on 1 and dones, you really need the elite of the elite to commit. But they are going to Duke and other random schools nowadays. UK will always be relevant but relying on freshman ranked 10-25 is not enough to be a top 5 team. When Cal started out every top kid he signed was going lottery. And non top 10 kids like Patterson, Bledsoe, Booker, Cauley-Stein were all getting drafted early. The past couple of years, there have been a bunch of 5 star recruits have busted and I think it has hurt their rep.

C

Chief00

UK still has top 5 recruiting classes. That said, the top kids are kinda over UK at this point. This is going to to be the 4th year in a row UK hasn't signed a top 5 kid. It sounds insane to criticize their recruiting but when you are trying to rely on 1 and dones, you really need the elite of the elite to commit. But they are going to Duke and other random schools nowadays. UK will always be relevant but relying on freshman ranked 10-25 is not enough to be a top 5 team. When Cal started out every top kid he signed was going lottery. And non top 10 kids like Patterson, Bledsoe, Booker, Cauley-Stein were all getting drafted early. The past couple of years, there have been a bunch of 5 star recruits have busted and I think it has hurt their rep.

It’s amazing what FBI investigations will do in regards to changing the landscape.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing what FBI investigations will do in regards to changing the landscape.
and I find it even more amazing the schools(Duke) that are confident in their way of still doing it. I do think Cal missing out on guys is more about the money trail than recruits being "over" Kentucky.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As you say, a lot of this is down to Duke. Once they started going with the 'UK strategy', they started beating out Cal for the top recruits. K is K, and their bag men (like Capel) are always 'safe'.

The effect of Penny is real. He took some top guys from right under Cal's nose.

FBI investigation has some affect. Cal now saying he's an 'overrated' recruiter. Maybe his money supply chain has dried up.

and I find it even more amazing the schools(Duke) that are confident in their way of still doing it. I do think Cal missing out on guys is more about the money trail than recruits being "over" Kentucky.

Duke will never be investigated, unless the FBI turns up something egregious. But I think they are smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom