Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
He said Mahaney is a legit possibility but if we don’t get him, the next target is Max Shulga, who is literally a Cam Spencer clone. Almost identical stats to Cam when he was at Rutgers and he’s equally as big a psycho. The kill shot is getting all 3 guys (McNeeley, Brea, and then Mahaney or Shulga). We’d have the deepest roster in the country for the 3rd straight year.
Question. I don't follow recruiting very closely the way some here do and don't know that much about them but.. if there's a Cam clone out there in this Shulga I want him, that much I do know.

Reaction Score
All the transfers makes me wonder if some schools will just simply skip recruiting HS kids and just put together rosters of 100 percent transfers...then no need to develop or make promises they can't keep to kids.

Reaction Score
Another ball on 247

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 16-14-45 2024 Basketball Target Predictions.jpg

Reaction Score
All the transfers makes me wonder if some schools will just simply skip recruiting HS kids and just put together rosters of 100 percent transfers...then no need to develop or make promises they can't keep to kids.
You will still run into the same issues regarding playing time. In '22-23 the portal brought in Newton, Calcaterra, Alleyne, and Diarra at the guard positions. Alleyne was the odd man out after the season and if Calcaterra still had eligibility maybe Diarra doesn't return and develop for us the way He did.

Reaction Score
I could see Calipari doing that. if only he were at KY.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Won’t work. Imagine having to reintroduce team culture, offense and defense, etc. to a majority new group of kids, every season. I like the ratio we’ve had so far. A Coach like Hurley needs to bond with at least 2-3 veteran starters over the course of 2-3 seasons.

Reaction Score
Question. I don't follow recruiting very closely the way some here do and don't know that much about them but.. if there's a Cam clone out there in this Shulga I want him, that much I do know.
Not a bad looking player in his highlights. Seriously, he looks like the end-of-clock guy that could be a missing piece on this roster (a role both Cam and Newton filled quite well last year).

Reaction Score
For me I want it to continue. We've been on an incredible journey and I'm not at the point where I need a break. But for Hurley I hope it ends soon and he can take his two week vacation from his year round 24/7 intense immersion into the program.

Let's be real about this. It's this dedication by Hurley and the staff that's the overwhelming reason behind this success. The players are secondary.
Sorry man, but this is a step too far. I really like Hurley, but he hasn't scored a point or picked up an assist in 30 years. The guys in the jerseys are winning the games through months and years of blood, sweat and tears. Great coach and great program absolutely, but the overwhelming reason for our success is the guys we have had playing for our teams.

Reaction Score
Feels like Memphis and St John's weren't all that far off from doing that last year. They had a few freshmen sprinkled in on the roster but it seems like most if not all of their main rotation guys were transfers.

Reaction Score
Feels like Memphis and St John's weren't all that far off from doing that last year. They had a few freshmen sprinkled in on the roster but it seems like most if not all of their main rotation guys were transfers.
Mussleman has been doing a version of this too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom