KO - Miami Resident | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KO - Miami Resident

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You got that right.

KO physically looks great (and happily at peace ) in that photo.

Whatever it was before he left I wish him the best, and hes doing OK. Im good with that. There is zero wrong with his dress, and he is going to rip it up down there on a front 98% of the dress critics in this thread only dream about. Nothing wrong with that.
zero? really? u gonna roll with that?

and the two breast pocket thing, with pearl buttons?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No disrespect but KO looks like a buffoon. Reminds me of the dudes in their late 40's trying their hardest to bag college girls.. Trying desperately to look younger to fit the aesthetic.

Isn't that what got him in trouble in the first place?

Dude just needs to go away. I know he did that, but he needs to go further.

Reaction Score
No disrespect but KO looks like a buffoon. Reminds me of the dudes in their late 40's trying their hardest to bag college girls.. Trying desperately to look younger to fit the aesthetic.

Well, at least you mean no disrespect.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You may call him a buffoon.

But I'd bet a semi-decent draft beer that if you (or any of us BY'ers in his age group) went to the best tailor and stylist in Miami and had a month to compete against KO chasing down the younger ladies for some strange, he ends up with a better list.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
zero? really? u gonna roll with that?

and the two breast pocket thing, with pearl buttons?
It's cool because the top button is buttoned.

C

Chief00

To the Moderators:
I am not responsible for the thread I started
Please don’t quarantine me again in some red time out box.
But keep on posting this is great!

Reaction Score
Sorry, but you just can’t be a total throwing around the claims he’s made and expect to come back into the fold. A lot people put their trust in him, mentored him, promoted him
and he paid them back with treachery. Maybe someday there will a time to let things go, but his true character showed itself.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but you just can’t be a total throwing around the claims he’s made and expect to come back into the fold. A lot people put their trust in him, mentored him, promoted him
and he paid them back with treachery. Maybe someday there will a time to let things go, but his true character showed itself.
JC put his reputation and onions on the line for one of his favorite players.. His loyalty was not reciprocated.

C

Chief00

Calhoun will have to be the one that brings him back into the fold it's the only way
Agreed. The advantage to Jim of doing that seems though to have gotten less as time goes by. Jim seems less involved with UConn now, and certain former players have already done their KO loyalty thing and seemed to have moved on and back to their UConn identity. Quite frankly, KO is out of mind and out of sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Reading this thread sums up our fanbase in a nutshell. What a shallow, lazy, and sad bunch of responses take from a few of them. Ollie is, always has been, and should be a hallmark for an awesome bunch of years as a Husky fan. I’ve played golf with Ray Allen, I have a best friend who watched the Syracuse game in Hurleys first year with Ollie in San Diego and raved not only about Ollie but also about how cool it was to see him cheer like crazy for the team that day.
Speaking w Ray at length the conversation steered much more to pathetic leadership and sad state of affairs within athletic department. As he said the fact that a UConn home game doesn’t have the entire court full of rowdy student section, why do we watch garbage chamber of commerce crowds at Hartford? i suspect full of uneducated basketball fans; probably talking like some of these ridiculous commenters on here.
Ollie won a title as lead assistant, endured year w postseason ban, and then won another title. Read that again. Part of two NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.
I didn’t like the losing seasons and I didn’t like the way this ended but an athletic department with any dignity settles with Ollie, pays him, and respects the UConn way. Glen Miller getting in the middle of a lot of this speaks for some agony but if it was all Ollie where are all the legendary players been the last few years? Ray, Rip, Kemba, Rudy Gay? The administration dropped the ball and made it about money. Ollies biggest mistake was never hiring the right strength coach. Adams was never in shape the team was badly conditioned and it showed.
Dont get it twisted im not an Ollie homer and I love Hurley. I can pick apart some of his in game coaching too but like Ollie, he gives a too. I’d assume Ollie moved to Florida after his kids got out of college and the weather and no income tax makes plenty of Sense to me. ollie gets plenty of respect from the basketball world; i heard Iguadola yesterday credit Ollie on a podcast.
I usually just read these pathetic threads To gauge how awful and uneducated the fan base is when it comes to actual basketball IQ. Clown fest on here.

C

Chief00

Reading this thread sums up our fanbase in a nutshell. What a shallow, lazy, and sad bunch of responses take from a few of them. Ollie is, always has been, and should be a hallmark for an awesome bunch of years as a Husky fan. I’ve played golf with Ray Allen, I have a best friend who watched the Syracuse game in Hurleys first year with Ollie in San Diego and raved not only about Ollie but also about how cool it was to see him cheer like crazy for the team that day.
Speaking w Ray at length the conversation steered much more to pathetic leadership and sad state of affairs within athletic department. As he said the fact that a UConn home game doesn’t have the entire court full of rowdy student section, why do we watch garbage chamber of commerce crowds at Hartford? i suspect full of uneducated basketball fans; probably talking like some of these ridiculous commenters on here.
Ollie won a title as lead assistant, endured year w postseason ban, and then won another title. Read that again. Part of two NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.
I didn’t like the losing seasons and I didn’t like the way this ended but an athletic department with any dignity settles with Ollie, pays him, and respects the UConn way. Glen Miller getting in the middle of a lot of this speaks for some agony but if it was all Ollie where are all the legendary players been the last few years? Ray, Rip, Kemba, Rudy Gay? The administration dropped the ball and made it about money. Ollies biggest mistake was never hiring the right strength coach. Adams was never in shape the team was badly conditioned and it showed.
Dont get it twisted im not an Ollie homer and I love Hurley. I can pick apart some of his in game coaching too but like Ollie, he gives a too. I’d assume Ollie moved to Florida after his kids got out of college and the weather and no income tax makes plenty of Sense to me. ollie gets plenty of respect from the basketball world; i heard Iguadola yesterday credit Ollie on a podcast.
I usually just read these pathetic threads To gauge how awful and uneducated the fan base is when it comes to actual basketball IQ. Clown fest on here.

In the opening post, Chief wished KO well. Chief attends games in both XL and Gampel as do many others. I have seen great crowds in both buildings but agree XL is a poorly run building by the CRDA and that contributes to the UConn AD deficit. I also wouldn’t equate rowdy fans with being educated fans.

There’s no getting around the fact that KO’s legal team wrongly analyzed the prospects of his case and took him down a 3 year rat hole. But, KO needs to take some responsibility too for things you know about, if you know him as well as you say you do.
I do agree with some of your observations. Chief is often criticized for being vague about sources and it’s not my style to recite what I assume to be a private conversation. However, Ray has said similar things publicly so perhaps you feel you have the green light?

What many have difficulty with, is after 2014 NC, KO shut Calhoun off from being part of the program. Calhoun fought hard to get KO hired and quite frankly provided very valuable insights the first 2 KO years by observing practices and games - it seemed liked disloyalty and not wanting to share the spotlight by KO?

I agree with your comments about J Adams and Travis the Strength Coach. As I recall he was a girls gymnastic SC at Alabama and his theories and area of focus had little connection to the men’s game. Wasn’t he KO’s first major hire though after having to retained Jim’s staff as a comfort level to get hired ? KO’s weakness was program management in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom