KO blast team. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KO blast team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe this combination of players just isn't that good this year? Doesn't mean you stop trying but we need better personnel not just better coaching.

This team is filled with a bunch of 2* guys and a couple of 3.5* guys. This is the result. Doesnt matter who the coach is.

Reaction Score
Mens basketball is the flagship sport @ CT and is about to miss NCAAT for the second year in a row
But see, they aren't "about to miss." They're on the right side of the bubble. That can change, but if you're going to say things at least be accurate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mens basketball is the flagship sport @ CT and is about to miss NCAAT for the second year in a row COMMING OFF OF AN NC while the football team just went bowling in year two led by a first time coach COMMING OFF OF A 2WIN SEASON!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE "HE'S STILL LEARNING"crap. Basketball with 5 starters 13 players is much easier to turn around then football with 24 starters and 80players(?) yet a first time coach just did it. While football looks like it's trending up basketball looks to be doing just the opposite.This team is not well coached.

Dude, Bob Diaco has been a coach at some position for 20+ years. Ollie has exactly 6 years under his belt.

"Still learning" is highly accurate.

Reaction Score
I feel like if we're in the tournament we could beat anyone. I also feel like we could careen right out of tournament contention. Neither would surprise me in the least. It's just what we are.

Next year I feel better, I'd like to see this team be a solid-good team, stay in the top 25 most of the year and make the tournament and flirt with the Sweet 16. The year after that though... look out.

Here's the problem... isn't that exactly what we could have said at times last year ? And this team has much greater talent, overall.

Reaction Score
He doesn't scream and cuss like Calhoun...

This never ceases to amaze me. You get the whole man. Jim Calhoun does not build a 3 time national championship program virtually out of nothing without being JIM CALHOUN, screaming and cussing included.

Yes, Ollie won a championship with Calhoun's players. The jury is still out on what kind of PROGRAM he can build on his own.

Reaction Score
This never ceases to amaze me. You get the whole man. Jim Calhoun does not build a 3 time national championship program virtually out of nothing without being JIM CALHOUN, screaming and cussing included.

Yes, Ollie won a championship with Calhoun's players. The jury is still out on what kind of PROGRAM he can build on his own.
When you say "won with Calhoun's players", what do you mean? Many people make that comment, and I always wonder about the thought process that leads to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco has been coaching football since 1999.
Not as a head coach, he was a DC. And things didn't go so well with the offense so a coaching change was made on offense after the first year was over. KO has been HC for 4 years, do you see any improvement in anything court related. Players getting better, team playing better, KO coaching better. There doesn't seem to be the same sense of urgency as with the football program. KO is still learning. Did any one see the regression in KO's coaching coming after the way the first two years went? I did. BAZZ, BOAT,DD, NG (yeah say what you want but they were guys recruited be JC) are gone and with them Uconn's invites to the NCAAT. There have been sooooo many winnable games the last two years, some were lost do to player mistakes, missed shots, turnovers whatever, but KO has lost more games with coaching mistakes than the players with bad plays, its not even close. The team was a tournament caliber team last year and definately this year and what ever happens from here on out is a reflection on KO's coaching. Even if we somehow get in, we shouldn't have been this close to not getting in. 6th place in the AAC, think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom