Known recruiting targets (preliminary) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Known recruiting targets (preliminary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I prefer 247 composite over the others. None are great. On3 and ESPN always seem particularly awful to me.
I feel like on3 rates a few guys way differently than the others every year just to justify the existence of their site. Then they come out with an article about "why we rate them differently than everyone else" and it's never very compelling.

I think the on3 guy started 24/7, then sold it, started on3, and is hoping for the same.

Also, the NIL valuations on that site are not only stupid as hell, and nothing but but wild guess based on nothing, but I think detrimental....although, so far, not to us.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I prefer 247 composite over the others. None are great. On3 and ESPN always seem particularly awful to me.
I always assumed On3 was purposely making controversial rankings to generate clicks…since there wasn’t really any need for another ranking service when they started. That and the bs predictor which seems to just be a model based on official visits, distance from home and other sites crystal balls

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ok, I’ve added a bunch of names. There are 2 posts worth

21404B50-14BE-4CBB-A649-568FADB25AE6.jpeg

Reaction Score
There needs to be a basketball recruiting board.
^^^ THIS ^^^

While I'm not one to advocate emulating anything Syracuse, they have a well-organized and separate recruiting board. I would prefer that to hunting through the various threads for recruiting updates.

Reaction Score

Dybantsa interview with that guy. Goodman is an absolute clown between the Hurley “tell me how your dad beat you” and now this kid “tell me what’s the most trouble you’ve ever been in, you gotta give me something”

Reaction Score

Dybantsa interview with that guy. Goodman is an absolute clown between the Hurley “tell me how your dad beat you” and now this kid “tell me what’s the most trouble you’ve ever been in, you gotta give me something”

That sucks.. I would have loved to watch an interview with Dybantsa. But I can't stomach the cringe

Edit- also love how we now have a "That guy" to go with our "some guy"

Reaction Score
He's going to love Storrs.
I watched another game of his the other night, he's incredible. I would still maybe give Flagg a slight edge because of his otherworldly defense but Dybantsa is just incredible on offense, he's making high level NBA scoring moves out there as a 16 year old. Interesting he promised his mom he would play one year of college.

Reaction Score
coulda sworn some recruiting insider tweeted that august was going to be busy month in storrs...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Are we still involved at all with Bethea? Felt like that was always more of a long shot and hadn't heard much recently...but he'd be an awesome get
Kansas or Syracuse <gasp> . Time to check out. Because both options suck.

Reaction Score

This seemed pretty likely considering his age (paired with the fact Cooper moved up). Getting back to back #1 recruits for the good guys would be pretty cool imo. I saw Hurley, Murray, and I think Moore at his NEPSAC championship game last year where he was the best offensive player on the court.

Reaction Score
I put this Boogie Fland interview clip here to bump the thread because I thought he made some interesting comments that might relate to future recruitments head to head with Kentucky, Bama, or Indiana with some of the prospects we are still recruiting. This was my first time hearing him and it changed my preconceived impressions about him favorably. I had the impression he was a much more 'me' vs 'we' teammate, and I now I think that is dead wrong. I found it interesting that Calipari didn't play up guys that 'Cal' had 'sent' to the league. I think in general we assume in recruiting he plays that up big as 'his' accomplishments, that we see as 1 yr hires of existing nba talent that he rides a reputation on.

Reaction Score
comments that might relate to future recruitments head to head with Kentucky, Bama, or Indiana with some of the prospects we are still recruiting.
for those that dont watch the video, can you provide some bullets re. how Hurley can better tailor his pitch in light of boogie's comments? very curious to know what boogie liked so much about those other schools if it wasnt the NIL and lottery history.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
for those that dont watch the video, can you provide some bullets re. how Hurley can better tailor his pitch in light of boogie's comments? very curious to know what boogie liked so much about those other schools if it wasnt the NIL and lottery history.

Maybe it is just that OUR staff like Nowell better and it's not about what they didn't do for Boogie?

Reaction Score
I found it interesting that Calipari didn't play up guys that 'Cal' had 'sent' to the league. I think in general we assume in recruiting he plays that up big as 'his' accomplishments, that we see as 1 yr hires of existing nba talent that he rides a reputation on.

Haha, you really believe that?!?? Calipari is already coaching the kid.

Reaction Score
Hurley targets guys who fit the culture first and foremost.
I believe when Hurley softens his attack towards recruits, it's due to this reason or just clear lack of interest from the player, not because he didn't pitch them right.

The pitch probably has been perfected...it's the reaction that is totally unpredictable.
You also can't discount the outside influences...which I think is why Hurley recruits the parents as much as the player.

Reaction Score
fyi - Top talent is sparcer at Brewster this year with so many top players at Monteverde, Prolific, Link, and OT Elite. On the other hand, I will be intrigued to see #169 Daniel Jacobson at 7'3 235lbs from South Carolina, that is offered by Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Clemson, Creighton, etc. and might be an interesting possibility if Ngongba doesn't come our way. #197 Caleb Middleton at 6'10 just 195lbs is uncommitted with lower level offers except Iowa I think. 2026 #46 Sebastian Wilkins at 6'8 I know nothing about. 2024 #179 Cole Kirouac at 6'11 is committed to GTech. #83 Nojus Indrusaitis is a 6'5 shooter committed to Iowa State that was about the best pure shooter I saw watching Peach Jam streams. I'll be interested if I have the same impression in person. Jerimiah Jenkins is still there and rated #194. He is a solid ex CT player in the mold of Hassan Diarra.

I'm putting this in this thread in case it turns out we need fallback recruiting targets from our current list, since the 2024 freshman prospect pool is declining rapidly. Look forward to seeing if any of these kids might offer something

Reaction Score
fyi - Top talent is sparcer at Brewster this year with so many top players at Monteverde, Prolific, Link, and OT Elite. On the other hand, I will be intrigued to see #169 Daniel Jacobson at 7'3 235lbs from South Carolina, that is offered by Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Clemson, Creighton, etc. and might be an interesting possibility if Ngongba doesn't come our way. #197 Caleb Middleton at 6'10 just 195lbs is uncommitted with lower level offers except Iowa I think. 2026 #46 Sebastian Wilkins at 6'8 I know nothing about. 2024 #179 Cole Kirouac at 6'11 is committed to GTech. #83 Nojus Indrusaitis is a 6'5 shooter committed to Iowa State that was about the best pure shooter I saw watching Peach Jam streams. I'll be interested if I have the same impression in person. Jerimiah Jenkins is still there and rated #194. He is a solid ex CT player in the mold of Hassan Diarra.

I'm putting this in this thread in case it turns out we need fallback recruiting targets from our current list, since the 2024 freshman prospect pool is declining rapidly. Look forward to seeing if any of these kids might offer something
They're loaded. You forgot Dwayne Aristode who is being recruited by every top program in the country and Preston Fowler from CT.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I put this Boogie Fland interview clip here to bump the thread because I thought he made some interesting comments that might relate to future recruitments head to head with Kentucky, Bama, or Indiana with some of the prospects we are still recruiting. This was my first time hearing him and it changed my preconceived impressions about him favorably. I had the impression he was a much more 'me' vs 'we' teammate, and I now I think that is dead wrong. I found it interesting that Calipari didn't play up guys that 'Cal' had 'sent' to the league. I think in general we assume in recruiting he plays that up big as 'his' accomplishments, that we see as 1 yr hires of existing nba talent that he rides a reputation on.

$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24