KML voted Big East Freshman of the Week for the fourth straight week!!! | The Boneyard

KML voted Big East Freshman of the Week for the fourth straight week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
something more fun and relevant we can talk about! way to go KML!! is there anyone in the nation that this kid has not completely impressed?!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Congrats to KML.

Have to be honest didn't think KML would win it this week, as she didn't have a monster scoring game. Are there any other freshmen having outstanding years?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats! I'm a little surprised about this week, but an average week for Kaleena is better than a good week for most players. Rebecca had the record with 7 FOW awards. Maya broke that with 10. Kaleena may well exceed that. Let's have a really big game at Baylor!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Because of the minutes she's playing and the fact that she's a scorer who's always going to put up numbers (e.g., even in a less-than-stellar week for her she scored more than 15 points in both games), shes going to win a ton of these awards. I think Maya's record is going to be toast.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And yes, she needs to be on her game for Baylor. If she can go into a lions den and shut up an opposing crowd at this stage, watch out. This will be a new and huge test for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, really good opponent. Tough crowd as well. KML will not be intimidated. I hope the shot is working for her.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Shes better then advertised . The Baylor game is one of those games that UConn greats get up for. I remember Diana getting up for the Tenn games where she excelled . I expect Tiffany and KML to play big in the Baylor game . The surprise will be a very confident Heather Buck. I think this is the game where she breaks it open. JMO

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And yes, she needs to be on her game for Baylor. If she can go into a lions den and shut up an opposing crowd at this stage, watch out. This will be a new and huge test for her.
Actually, I think that is the Bear's den. :cool:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I thought Monique Oliver made a very strong case for POW this week. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Barring, God forbid, an injury, BEFOY race is already over.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
On a kinda related note... Elizabeth Williams won her second ACC Freshman of the Week today. Looks like the recruiting people knew what they were talking about with Lewis and Williams.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
On a kinda related note... Elizabeth Williams won her second ACC Freshman of the Week today. Looks like the recruiting people knew what they were talking about with Lewis and Williams.
Not to demean the ratings of the various recruiting services, but the only things a person of modest intelligence needed to identify the extraordinary skills of Elizabeth and Kaleena would be vision approximating 20/20 and a ticket to their games. Short of that, a subscription to YouTube might work.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There doesnt seem to be any freshman in the BE that will give her a run for the weekly award.
Looking at the BE stats: http://www.bigeast.org/portals/5/fls/19400/stats/wbasketball/2011-2012/confldrs.htm#conf.wki

There appears to be one other freshman in double digit scoring: Brianna Kiesel of Pitt at 12.7ppg
Rebounding has Amber Thompson of SJU at 7.6rpg
FG pct has Bria Smith of Louisvile at 52% and she also has 2.6 steals per game.

Are the other freshman not playing.....or are there only a few who can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom