KML... that didnt look good | The Boneyard

KML... that didnt look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
contusion of elbow. return questionable.

Reaction Score
I hope she just had a little of hyper-extended elbow. My heartfelt for her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
welp... she's at the scorers table, good for her

Reaction Score
Good to have her back.... Just hope it does not make anything worse because she continued to use it....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The second angle behind the basket sure looked like a hyper extension and not a terrible one at that - don't think she took a shot in the second half but she had another beautiful entry pass to Stef - she has taken over for Kelly as perhaps our best entry passer.

Reaction Score
The second angle behind the basket sure looked like a hyper extension and not a terrible one at that - don't think she took a shot in the second half but she had another beautiful entry pass to Stef - she has taken over for Kelly as perhaps our best entry passer.
And she WAS fouled. Egregiously.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Somebody help me here. Why wasn't a foul called and why didn't Geno inquire about it when it wasn't?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The important defensive player had all ball and leverage and because KML didn't let go of the ball the force on the ball tipped her upper body backwards as her lower body continued moving toward the basket and as she continued to fall this made her body almost horizontal in the air. That player I am pretty sure had all ball and didn't commit a foul. There was a second defender to KML's side who also had a hand on the ball and may have had body contact as well, but was pretty incidental to the actual result of the play. Most of the body contact that did occur happened in the fall after the ball had been blocked and while KML was mostly horizontal and her body out of her control. I didn't have a big problem with the call - and would certainly want the same no-call for one of the Uconn bigs.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The important defensive player had all ball and leverage and because KML didn't let go of the ball the force on the ball tipped her upper body backwards as her lower body continued moving toward the basket and as she continued to fall this made her body almost horizontal in the air. That player I am pretty sure had all ball and didn't commit a foul. There was a second defender to KML's side who also had a hand on the ball and may have had body contact as well, but was pretty incidental to the actual result of the play. Most of the body contact that did occur happened in the fall after the ball had been blocked and while KML was mostly horizontal and her body out of her control. I didn't have a big problem with the call - and would certainly want the same no-call for one of the Uconn bigs.

Watch the video "incidental " ??? Not hardly

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

They showed an excellent replay of it at the end of the game. It was most definitely a foul. It was blocked but the blocker hit KML's entire arm at the same time her hand was on the ball. That is why KML went to the floor. She's pretty solid and is not going to get sent to the floor unless there is more contact than just a block of the ball. Sadly there was Much LESS body contact on a couple of the blocking fouls they called on us.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
They showed an excellent replay of it at the end of the game. It was most definitely a foul. It was blocked but the blocker hit KML's entire arm at the same time her hand was on the ball. That is why KML went to the floor. She's pretty solid and is not going to get sent to the floor unless there is more contact than just a block of the ball. Sadly there was Much LESS body contact on a couple of the blocking fouls they called on us.

Again the hack was not by the blocker #31 but by #4 coming down on KML's arm.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

After looking at it pretty much frame by frame in the best angle I could see (baseline) I pretty much agree with UcMiami's summary. A foul could have been called but I do not see the egregious foul some are calling. The most there was, was arm on arm from #4, but she also had all ball with her hand and her force and the force of 31 also getting on top of the ball dragged KML down. Little to no body contact.

Reaction Score
Geno on the post game press on KML injury.

"From what I have been able to see it is not as bad as what happened last time. We will know more, the doctor is looking at her right now. It is in a similar spot just a different elbow. We have a week off before we play again, therefore we will know more in a day or two. Right now, there is not that same sense of urgency with the injury that I saw the first time. She has to learn how to fall or something. We've got to put bubbles around our guys...we can't afford to get anybody else hurt...it is unbelievable."

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
We need some of those inflatable cushion thingies like the Mars Rover had. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads