KML: how good, how soon? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KML: how good, how soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I LOVED it when somebody yelled, COME ON MAYA, when she was at the line shooting one of her FTs tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya said that she had not seen Kaleena play before. My guess is that KML made a nice first impression. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maya said that she had not seen Kaleena play before. My guess is that KML made a nice first impression. :)
KML is making us look great... we never wavered in our opinion of her!

19pts at the half against STANFORD.... WOW!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who starts, what matters is minutes and who is on the floor at the end.
i used to agree with this till i watched this game. the offense was completely stagnant until KML came in and changed everything. and by the way, she's not just a scorer. Milford and i watched the game and several times we rewound so we could re-watch KML did something eye popping. she was spectacular.

from what i've seen of her, she's easily the best player on the team and that's saying something. i expected her to be good. i did not expect her to be spectacular.

as for the starting thing, i agree that she probably will not start, but IMHO, she should. unless tiff learns to play within her self or kelly gets some offense, KML is essential to have on the court. just re-watch the first 4 minutes of each half when KML was on the bench. the offense was simply awful.

against teams like HC and Pacific, the lack of offense was masked. maybe against other quality teams, we'll see something better down the road. and maybe KML never starts this year, but the team can't afford to score 4 points in the first 4 minutes of each half against other top teams...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what if they're stagnant with KML starting... who comes off the bench and spark the offense, Faris Tiff Heather or Kiah?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We shot 72 percent against Pacific by hitting high percentage layups and short shots. We needed more of those tonight, which we could have if we had run through our offense more...
We, also, shot 55% on 3s against Pacific.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i used to agree with this till i watched this game. the offense was completely stagnant until KML came in and changed everything. and by the way, she's not just a scorer. Milford and i watched the game and several times we rewound so we could re-watch KML did something eye popping. she was spectacular.
The offense was not stagnant at all. Unlike ND last year they were not standing around. They were even getting to the hoop but missing the shots, HUGE difference. They needed someone with a can opener to come in and take the lid off the basket, KML did that.

Noone is suggesting that KML is just a scorer. She is not, her first three games have given consistent proof of that including the first game when her shot was off. She still played D and rebounded. She always has been the whole package.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We shot 72 percent against Pacific by hitting high percentage layups and short shots. We needed more of those tonight, which we could have if we had run through our offense more...

We did have lots of high percentage shots, we just missed them (at least early in the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom