KLS's Mom Calls out Sky Management | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KLS's Mom Calls out Sky Management

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
KLS’s defense has greatly improved.. Prediction: WNBA MVP in year three.

Wow, that's a bold prediction. I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Do I really believe she can thrive in a WNBA system? No. Unless it’s the right system,
Define what a WNBA system is?, which teams play a WNBA system? Which do not?

Reaction Score
Mother must not be happy coach wade is coach of the year and she predicted rot wrong

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You listed all that for what exactly? I hope you copied and pasted that because I wouldn’t waste that much time on an idiot. I’m not taking away from what she did in college? She had a great career. All I’m saying is I don’t think she can do it in the W at least not in Chicago. There are players who have had more accomplishments and still it didn’t necessarily translate to the W. She can’t get her own shot off? Is that not accurate? When UConn needed big shots in the past three years? How often did she take over a game and make them? I didn’t say she wasn’t athletic, but good point, she’s not Stewie. Rebounds? If you’re 6’3 surely you should be able to get at least 5 or more rpg per year. Right? It’s more so, the eye test for me. Do I really believe she can thrive in a WNBA system? No. Unless it’s the right system, Chicago is not it. Also, there’s a lot of players in the W who aren’t and never will be Maya Moore that can’t create their own shot.

You've won the
Côte-d'Or
of Ignores.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I look for Lou to have an awesome sophomore year in the W next year after playing overseas.
She’ll have a Year’s worth of experience, and should be completely healthy.

Reaction Score
Personally I hope she quits the W and only plays overseas. She and Karlie could do a series of summer camps for young girls. I think they both have experience doing that already.

The only problem would be her Puma endorsement contract except Puma is a German company. Puma might be perfectly happy with that.

Reaction Score
As little as they make in the W, playing there translates into more money overseas. There are a load of pro teams in the world and they all want "a WNBA player".

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

On one hand, I appreciate the solidarity by the players.
On the other hand, they are shooting the messenger here.

Maybe the players know exactly what is going on. Lou loves her teammates and they love her back.

Just curious, why would a writer who has been covering the team all season, just now(last week) put out a stir the pot article. I am pretty sure she has been following or knows of MJ and her tweets which have been out there for awhile. I guess if you need a headline, and present it one way, you get people to form an opinion, often one sided or sometimes wrong sided.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Maybe the players know exactly what is going on. Lou loves her teammates and they love her back.

Just curious, why would a writer who has been covering the team all season, just now(last week) put out a stir the pot article. I am pretty sure she has been following or knows of MJ and her tweets which have been out there for awhile. I guess if you need a headline, and present it one way, you get people to form an opinion, often one sided or sometimes wrong sided.

My understanding is this writer did a piece on KLS's development with the Sky last week, which prompted these tweets from the mother with lots of accusations against Coach Wade.

It may not be the "hardest" of news stories, but if the the parent of De'Andre Hunter, this year's #4 pick in the NBA, went on a rant against his new coach at any point during the season, you better believe it would be EXTENSIVELY covered by the local press. I see why the players/Sky are not happy with this distraction, but it's a story nonetheless.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
wouldn't be funny if the other media stood in solidarity with the Sun-times and refused to cover the playoff game and/or post game
When their bosses asks for their story, what do they say?

Reaction Score
How can you tell she never plays
In early games this season she showed weak defense. In a few minutes in recent games I have watched her push opponents to edge, protecting the basket. With more minutes, she will get better. That wrist injury set her back.

Reaction Score
You
In early games this season she showed weak defense. In a few minutes in recent games I have watched her push opponents to edge, protecting the basket. With more minutes, she will get better. That wrist injury set her back.
[/QUOTE
KLS can play WNBA ball. The question is can she be durable enough to stay available?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Speaking of Gabby, she looks shaky at pg. She’s not improving on her drives and looks like she’s in a light trance out there. Definitely still a little in over her head at pg which to be fair is expected. Would be nice to see her develop like DeShields has since they were picked back to back. I even thought she should have been the 3rd pick and DeShields 4th. Shows what I know.

I wouldve picked Gabby over Deshields too....she seemed like a more proven commodity than Diamond. Diamond is so ridiculously athletic and has great size at 6-1 to be a wing but her college career was quite underwhelming compared to Gabby's. Diamond is thriving as a pro and everything is clicking for her now. Wasnt sure if thatd happen but I'm happy for her.

I think Gabby can find a spot but I dont think being a PG is the route to go. I could see her being an Alana Beard type who does all the little things on the court and plays fantastic defense every night.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Gabby can find a spot but I dont think being a PG is the route to go. I could see her being an Alana Beard type who does all the little things on the court and plays fantastic defense every night.

She got away with it in college, but she isn't a post player. Neither is she a PG. She should be a wing (2 guard or small forward, whatever you want to call it), but her perimeter shooting isn't where it should be for that position.

Reaction Score

On one hand, I appreciate the solidarity by the players.
On the other hand, they are shooting the messenger here.

How are they shooting the messenger? They had an issue with the article that Madeline Kenney wrote in which she(according to KLS mom) misquoted, omitted certain other quotes, and took KLS completely out of context. Samuelson comes from UConn, where kids are drilled from Day 1 on how to engage with the media. She is very careful in what she says and how she says it!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a bold prediction. I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.
Bold? I'll bet you thought of a different adjective but used bold being a nice person. ;):rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
She got away with it in college, but she isn't a post player. Neither is she a PG. She should be a wing (2 guard or small forward, whatever you want to call it), but her perimeter shooting isn't where it should be for that position.
Williams is a jack of all trades, master of none. There is always room for that player in WCBB, but in the WNBA you need to do at least one thing really really well. Add to that that she's something of a tweener, size wise, and it leaves her without a clear role to fill. I agree that her best role is as a 2 SG or 3 W, but she doesn't have enough shooting power to break out in those roles.

Reaction Score
Williams is a jack of all trades, master of none. There is always room for that player in WCBB, but in the WNBA you need to do at least one thing really really well. Add to that that she's something of a tweener, size wise, and it leaves her without a clear role to fill. I agree that her best role is as a 2 SG or 3 W, but she doesn't have enough shooting power to break out in those roles.

If they keep moving Gabby around the 1, 2, 3, 4 spots, she will never be able to master any of the skills for those spots. I think Gabby is athletic enough that if you are willing to leave her in one position and keep her there, she will flourish. Same goes for Lou or anybody else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom