KLS held out of Scrimmage This Morning. | The Boneyard

KLS held out of Scrimmage This Morning.

Reaction Score
Super Great
@passtthaball

Napheesa Collier inside and out with Azure' Stevens inside and out. Really don't know how you wld guard them. UCONN RELOADED!! #USAtrials

Last Night Tweet during scrimmage

Napheesa Collier is killing right now in and around the basket! #USAtrials

---Super Great---nice Uconn kid info--
Tell those WNBA scouts to keep their paws off of KLS, Collier, Azura, Danger, --they are welcome to LOOK at Gabby --Kia (later).
Nice to see Gabby is scoring from every position--but she is working with the Enemy!! I won't call this treason--and I'll pass on judgement Until April 18. Go get em Gabby--
Collier and Azura are doing as we expected--duo/tandem--will rip up the WCBB world.
Thanks again WBBFAN1--nice find.

Reaction Score
She's having foot problems, so she and coaching staff are being cautious. This according to Doug Feinberg AP Women's BB Beat Writer.

A couple of years ago, Breanna and Mo came out of a summer tournament in Canada with a sprained ankle and a concussion respectively. I have long since forgotten the exact score, but I do remember wondering why the women were risking their health in unimportant games. Hope KLS is OK and doesn't push it this summer. Nothing that happens now is as important as what happens in the fall. Stay healthy, ladies. :)

Reaction Score
She's having foot problems, so she and coaching staff are being cautious. This according to Doug Feinberg AP Women's BB Beat Writer.

Fingers crossed. Perhaps they can send her home, and she can just rest until Italy. Seems rational- and cautious.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago, Breanna and Mo came out of a summer tournament in Canada with a sprained ankle and a concussion respectively. I have long since forgotten the exact score, but I do remember wondering why the women were risking their health in unimportant games. Hope KLS is OK and doesn't push it this summer. Nothing that happens now is as important as what happens in the fall. Stay healthy, ladies. :)

Clearly, they truly love playing the game and particularly playing for their country in international tournaments.....but agree that the risk is there, and have the same thought. Must give Geno pause. Also, just reinforces how a single misstep, awkward fall, cheap shot, or whatever can totally change a kid's season or even her BB career. When we start gloating about the Huskies depth, can't forget the season is still almost three months away. UConn has been very fortunate in the injury department the past several years and I cross my fingers & toes that the BB Gods continue to smile on the team.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed. Perhaps they can send her home, and she can just rest until Italy. Seems rational- and cautious.
While every game is a risk--Geno likes his kids to be tested against the best. The gamble has worked in his favor many years--including the PanAm games spoken about above--. This year the benefit is they, Uconn kids, are playing with and against the top players they will see again in much bigger games.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wish they had box scores. I'm really interested in the assist numbers.

I mean there are some serious PGs here. Canada, Slocum, Inoescu, McCarty.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Got this pic from the "Caption" thread - can see icepack on left foot.

I know you would love to be out there Lou, but good call staying off it. If she tries to go in, hopefully Geno will wake up and stop her. :D

icepack.jpg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Can't remember, is that the same foot that kept her out of championship game?

Side note: Azura is killing it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope Lou gets well soon. Great stuff about Stevens. I wonder if she will prove herself the "best" all around player on the team. She will probably get some stiff competition for that honor from Collier and Wilson, and maybe a few others...

Reaction Score
Got this pic from the "Caption" thread - can see icepack on left foot.

I know you would love to be out there Lou, but good call staying off it. If she tries to go in, hopefully Geno will wake up and stop her. :D

View attachment 23915
LOOK CLOSELY AT THAT PIC THAT HUSKEE SENT OF THE BOSS AND KATIE: Coach is peering down under his glasses, employing CARNAC-like mystical powers; my take is that he sending some kinda voodoo healing vibes straight to that ankle. :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Katie Lou is sticking to her "ain't no big deal." "SORE FOOT: UConn’s Katie Lou Samuelson sat out the games on Wednesday because of soreness in her left foot. Samuelson said that she’ll be fine and that “there’s no reason to get injured in August.” Aticle is also interesting for the invite to a Big Sky Conference player Fluker. Shows they are thinking long range on their team development. “She’s here because of her success and because of her potential,” USA Basketball national team director Carol Callan said. “She may not be at this level yet, but it certainly was enough to get her invited here.”

Northridge's Fluker making most of U23 training camp

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Team #2 apparently played Team #1 first (naturally) and Azura apparently led a fourth-quarter charge to victory, helped by transfer-into-ND Jessica Shepard, who drilled 4 three pointers.
Apparently, the 6'4" Shepard could move outside with Azura and the 6'7" Teaira McKowan from Mississippi State. Louisville forward Myisha Hines-Allen, no pushover in the lane, is also on that team. That's a formidable, vertical foursome. Arike Ogunbowale is also on the squad.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Clearly, they truly love playing the game and particularly playing for their country in international tournaments.....but agree that the risk is there, and have the same thought. Must give Geno pause. Also, just reinforces how a single misstep, awkward fall, cheap shot, or whatever can totally change a kid's season or even her BB career. When we start gloating about the Huskies depth, can't forget the season is still almost three months away. UConn has been very fortunate in the injury department the past several years and I cross my fingers & toes that the BB Gods continue to smile on the team.

We Irish fans can attest the Irish have not been so lucky in that department recently, particularly in the case of Brianna Turner. Mychal Johnson is coming back from a shoulder injury, as well.
As such, it was no surprise that Marina Mabrey was held back from the trials when she suffered that is hoped to be a not-too-serious ankle injury. Geesh, I hate to check the ND board on that front. Hopefully, Jessica Shepard, Arike Ogunbowale and Jackie Young will learn and compete well and come back to South Bend all the better. Same for the Huskies!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Team #2 apparently played Team #1 first (naturally) and Azura apparently led a fourth-quarter charge to victory, helped by transfer-into-ND Jessica Shepard, who drilled 4 three pointers.
Apparently, the 6'4" Shepard could move outside with Azura and the 6'7" Teaira McKowan from Mississippi State. Louisville forward Myisha Hines-Allen, no pushover in the lane, is also on that team. That's a formidable, vertical foursome. Arike Ogunbowale is also on the squad.
Apparantly;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Super Great
---Super Great---nice Uconn kid info--
Tell those WNBA scouts to keep their paws off of KLS, Collier, Azura, Danger, --they are welcome to LOOK at Gabby --Kia (later).
Nice to see Gabby is scoring from every position--but she is working with the Enemy!! I won't call this treason--and I'll pass on judgement Until April 18. Go get em Gabby--
Collier and Azura are doing as we expected--duo/tandem--will rip up the WCBB world.
Thanks again WBBFAN1--nice find.

Yeah, but what good is it, since Geno is going to start Crystal over Azureá. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah, but what good is it, since Geno is going to start Crystal over Azureá. :rolleyes:
That may happen. I'm sure Geno will do what he has to do on any given occasion.
I have this feeling--and it is strong--that BY postings are NOT binding on Geno's BB subbing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom