KLS held out of Scrimmage This Morning. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KLS held out of Scrimmage This Morning.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
While every game is a risk--Geno likes his kids to be tested against the best. The gamble has worked in his favor many years--including the PanAm games spoken about above--. This year the benefit is they, Uconn kids, are playing with and against the top players they will see again in much bigger games.
I agree that testing yourself against the best is important but I can't help wishing that it was Aug. 12 and the team was on its way to Italy. An injury can occur at any time but I feel the kids always are better off when Geno is the one in charge of their safety and well-being.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That may happen. I'm sure Geno will do what he has to do on any given occasion.
I have this feeling--and it is strong--that BY postings are NOT binding on Geno's BB subbing.
That's not true. Geno gets most of his ideas from what he reads on the BY. How else can one explain Uconn's tremendous success?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
That may happen. I'm sure Geno will do what he has to do on any given occasion.
I have this feeling--and it is strong--that BY postings are NOT binding on Geno's BB subbing.

Ya tink sooo? ;)

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is sticking to her "ain't no big deal." "SORE FOOT: UConn’s Katie Lou Samuelson sat out the games on Wednesday because of soreness in her left foot. Samuelson said that she’ll be fine and that “there’s no reason to get injured in August.” Aticle is also interesting for the invite to a Big Sky Conference player Fluker. Shows they are thinking long range on their team development. “She’s here because of her success and because of her potential,” USA Basketball national team director Carol Callan said. “She may not be at this level yet, but it certainly was enough to get her invited here.”

Northridge's Fluker making most of U23 training camp

I'm not sure what to make of that comment --highlighted above. In terms of getting there she's equal or above all the rest participating. If Callan thinks the others have excelled more than KLS--she doesn't know KLS. Geno basically said this past spring--KLS is his go to player--she can shoot anytime she wants to shoot--or words to that effect. Am I biased towards KLS, believe it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to make of that comment --highlighted above. In terms of getting there she's equal or above all the rest participating. If Callan thinks the others have excelled more than KLS--she doesn't know KLS. Geno basically said this past spring--KLS is his go to player--she can shoot anytime she wants to shoot--or words to that effect. Am I biased towards KLS, believe it.

Ah, Broadway, she's talking about Fluker from the Big Sky Conference. Geno also explains in another piece that several players were brought in a developmental prospects. If Callan were talking about KLS it would be time to fire her!

Reaction Score
Ah, Broadway, she's talking about Fluker from the Big Sky Conference. Geno also explains in another piece that several players were brought in a developmental prospects. If Callan were talking about KLS it would be time to fire her!

Thanks for the clarity, to a foggy brain--or eyes.
I read the name, thought it a misprint.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Via AP writer Doug Feinberg:

SHOOTING PROWESS: Team three, which was led by South Carolina's A'ja Wilson, Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell, Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu and UConn's Gabby Williams put on a shooting clinic during a morning drill. That group made shots from five spots and free throws before any team made it past three spots.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Via AP writer Doug Feinberg:

SHOOTING PROWESS: Team three, which was led by South Carolina's A'ja Wilson, Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell, Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu and UConn's Gabby Williams put on a shooting clinic during a morning drill. That group made shots from five spots and free throws before any team made it past three spots.
Gabby Williams, pure shooter (a la Kalana Greene). If Gabby becomes an elite shooter, she will be All-World.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom