KLS as a pro | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KLS as a pro

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
My impression is that in the WNBA players who drive to the hoop almost invariably put a shot up, Arike of course but not just her. Players spotting up at the three point line are largely ignored.

That is in sharp contrast to UConn`s style of play. Think about Gabby setting up Lou, Anna setting up Megan, Crystal setting up both of them.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Went over the game again and some stats on Lou.
She played 31 minutes of the final 33 minutes of the game.
She played the entire 4th quarter, but took no shots.
She had 4 rebounds(all DRebs), 1 block and 1 steal, all in the 4th quarter.
Her defense was solid.
From what I understand her defense is what she was most proud about from yesterdays game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It is a style of play that is questioned. Think how good Arike might be if she had gone to UConn.

Honestly she probably wouldn't be as good IMO. Playing for Muffet suited her quite well. Arguably her best asset is creating her own shot, which you don't commonly see in Geno's offense. Arike thrived as a playmaker at ND under Muffet, who gave her lots of freedom she wouldn't have at UCONN. She was pretty darn good at ND and is now one of the best guards in the WNBA in just her second year. Not a knock on Geno, just that Arike in South Bend was a great fit.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They are both great players. My point was merely that greatness isn't established by drawing a line in the sand in regards to FG%.

Agreed. Deanna Nolan, Katie Smith, Tina Thompson and Tamika Catchings have career FG between 40-42%. Championships ultimately influence much of a player's legacy. Still a lot of basketball left to be played for Arike.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are both great players. My point was merely that greatness isn't established by drawing a line in the sand in regards to FG%.
True, but I prefer a higher percentage to a lower one. Scoring a lot of points doesn't make a player great if he/she takes large numbers of bad shots. I enjoyed watching Arike yesterday. In other games, I cringe when she forces shots and doesn't pass to open teammates. To help her team win, Arike needs more games like yesterday's and not 30% shooting games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom