KK Arnold video | The Boneyard

KK Arnold video

Reaction Score
KK really knows how to turn her opponent. I can hardly wait to see how she plays with Ashlynn Caroline and Allie -- all the players who understand positioning really well. She could be the heart of a really sharp guard corps.

Reaction Score
She's undersized, but seems very quick, can beat her defender 1-on-1, and is willing to drive the lane and take hits. We've been missing "drive and dish" guards in our half-court game the past few years. How is her outside shooting? Her defense?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's undersized, but seems very quick, can beat her defender 1-on-1, and is willing to drive the lane and take hits. We've been missing "drive and dish" guards in our half-court game the past few years. How is her outside shooting? Her defense?
Another video with a little of both below. KK recently scored her 2000th point on a very nice three pointer.

I like how she uses her body to protect the ball. @Sluconn Husky do you have recent stats?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KK’s stats for the 13 games played so far this season:
FG% - 45.1% (115-255)
3 point FG% - 40.5% (39-96)
Free throws- 69.7% (46-66)
Scoring average 24.2 points per game

Career averages, 95 games:
FG% - 50.1% (782-1562)
3 point FG% - 32.5% (131-403)
Free throws - 69.6% (403-579)
Scoring average - 22.1 ppg

Reaction Score
Love the swagger and really impressed how such a young player plays through contact. We may see a few ankles broken (sports term) in the coming years

I love watching Kyrie play basketball, and that KK's basketball skills even remotely remind somebody of him is a huge compliment, yet I surely hope (and trust) their playing style is the only trait she shares with the mercurial Nets' star.

Reaction Score
KK’s stats for the 13 games played so far this season:
FG% - 45.1% (115-255)
3 point FG% - 40.5% (39-96)
Free throws- 69.7% (46-66)
Scoring average 24.2 points per game

Career averages, 95 games:
FG% - 50.1% (782-1562)
3 point FG% - 32.5% (131-403)
Free throws - 69.6% (403-579)
Scoring average - 22.1 ppg
Great to see KK's three-point shooting has improved so much this season.

A little more practice time at the free-throw line would help, 'cause with her playing style she'll be shooting many of them.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about her size...........she's listed at 5'9" or 5'10" depending on who you believe and either way she's not really a matchup disadvantage against the vast majority of guards out there..............and her quickness is always a great equalizer on both ends of the court......

Reaction Score
KK has that UCONN look; decisive, quick and sure of herself. She will fit right in with the team. Just have to upgrade her to UCONN's level of play and she's good to go. The more I see videos of the incoming players, the more sure I am we will be undefeated next year. It will be the year the Huskies are really bad for women's basketball!! Can't wait. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I don’t think she’s undersized at all. She looks just right — in between Nika and Inês with a bit more swagger and better handles than either one and maybe a little of Nika’s ferocity.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We are going to be DEEP! next year WOW!
I said that in one of my earlier comments today. Even though we lose Dorka, Lou and possibly Aubrey, I feel with the two players we get back, and the 4 freshmen coming in, it’s my opinion that that team will be deeper and perhaps slightly more talented. No projects, no late bloomers. All four freshmen should come in and be ready to blend into the fabric of the program and contribute right away.

I never like to look that far ahead, but that edition of UConn should be ranked 1-2 in Charlie Creme’s way too early WCBB D1 top 25 teams In April-May. What team will have the talent up and down their roster that UConn will?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don’t think she’s undersized at all. She looks just right — in between Nika and Inês with a bit more swagger and better handles than either one and maybe a little of Nika’s ferocity.
Agreed. At 5’-3”, Seton Hall’s Lauren Park-Lane is undersized, but plays with no fear, and has as much heart as any player in the country. Park-Lane is my favorite non-UConn player.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I see a little Chrystal Dangerfield in her and maybe a little Renee Montgomery. Similar size to the latter.
Gus, I predict that that KK will have some folks leaving the arena in a walking boot on more than one occasion. :)

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about her size...........she's listed at 5'9" or 5'10" depending on who you believe and either way she's not really a matchup disadvantage against the vast majority of guards out there..............and her quickness is always a great equalizer on both ends of the court......
UConn switches on every screen, and does it very well. Expect KK to occasionally be on someone who can shoot over her. If I was an opposing coach that's what I would be setting up.

Reaction Score
Agreed. At 5’-3”, Seton Hall’s Lauren Park-Lane is undersized, but plays with no fear, and has as much heart as any player in the country. Park-Lane is my favorite non-UConn player.
My favorite also. I've been voting for her on the Hoops thingy since there's no UConn kid listed (where's Nika?). I have switched to C. Clark after the spectacle Seton Hall demonstrated at the XL Center. Sorry Lauren, but it's the company that you keep.

Reaction Score
KK will get good defensively and offensively. She's athletic and penetrates very well. I can see her as a point guard and plus defender. Generally though, when a player shoots below 70% at the FT line though outside shooting is not their strength, especially as a guard. I'm not saying she's a bad shooter. It just may not be as big a strength as her overall athleticism, quickness and ability to get to the rim. She's strong and quick. I think she also is the consumate team player.

KK seems to get all the street cred here but who knows, Ashlyn might well be just as good or better. I get the idea that Ashlyn has worked on specific moves and shots a lot, in the same way Paige has. Ashlynn might be every bit as good as KK and maybe even better. One thing we know for sure is that both will give it everything they have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom