KK Arnold Responds To Chant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KK Arnold Responds To Chant

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I remember a girl called Diana who ate that stuff up. "I thought they were yelling ...."

And real recognizes real. So people chanting overrated at great players are what I call nons or losers. That chant is so unimaginative and unoriginal.
1674081754530.png

Reaction Score
did you notice the large knee brace on the player she passed to under the basket. We need to get some of those for Azzi, and for Paige. Maybe Ice.

Reaction Score
I love how KK can penetrate and either finish at the rim OR pass. So may point guards can't do both.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I was a little taken back at the first game against Seton Hall I attended in Dec. at the XL center. Many fans booed the SH team as they came out on the court. Is this the new norm or is it just me cringing at this?
The booing had nothing to do with basketball. The Seton Hall players wanted to make a statement and so did the fans in the XL center. Actions and consequences. If you take an action, you have to take the consequences.

FWIW, I didn't think much of Seton Hall's action.

Reaction Score
I’d have a long talk with my son if I ever caught him leading an overrated chant from the stands at a girls basketball game. Weak sauce.
Absolutely! Shame on those budding young misogynists!!!!

Reaction Score
They may have a point. I noticed that she cocks her shooting wrist at 13 degrees, rather than the universally recognized standard of 17.
Is that the new standard for being overrated these days? being off by 4 degrees. I think production is more valuable than making sure you're not 4 degrees off and what does that mean anyway? can you be 4 degrees over and be super productive?..you sound like a solution in need of a problem...Is Paige overrated cuz she's injured all the time? is Azzi overrated cuz her knees are a few degrees off from her patella?.. Is Uconn overrated because they're a few years off from a championship

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is that the new standard for being overrated these days? being off by 4 degrees. I think production is more valuable than making sure you're not 4 degrees off and what does that mean anyway? can you be 4 degrees over and be super productive?..you sound like a solution in need of a problem...Is Paige overrated cuz she's injured all the time? is Azzi overrated cuz her knees are a few degrees off from her patella?.. Is Uconn overrated because they're a few years off from a championship
It was a joke

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Uh, I was kidding @Galaxyshooter. :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And real recognizes real. So people chanting overrated at great players are what I call nons or losers. That chant is so unimaginative and unoriginal.
So is calling people "losers" (not sure what "nons" are).

Reaction Score
Some years ago a young lady (from Indiana I think) named Charley played at the same time as an ad for Charley perfume. During the game at PSU a few of the guys in the student section would yell out "Char-Lee, Char-Lee (I guess like the audio from the commercial). At the half she waved to them and smiled as she was going off the floor. In the second half they cheered wildly every time she was in the game.

Reaction Score
Is it ok at a boys’ game?
Only if you are up by 37 points and 17 seconds to go.... and you already are done with all other cheers in your arsenal..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only if you are up by 37 points and 17 seconds to go.... and you already are done with all other cheers in your arsenal..
I agree. "Overrated", "Airball", etc. are all part of the game. 10,000 rabid fans screaming their heads off while some 18 year old kid is trying to make a free throw is perfectly acceptable, but let someone sneeze while a golfer is trying to make a putt and it is a great tragedy. It's all part of the game. Some parts you like and some you don't.

I will say chanting "overrated" by grown men (even women before Nan comments :) ) during a college game is not a good look. More of a kids thing.

Reaction Score
Absolutely! Shame on those budding young misogynists!!!!
I am hoping that you can explain (so that I can understand) how razzing an opposing team or team’s player is labeled misogyny? That is a chant that is seen in both men and women’s sports across many sports. The taunt is done BY both men and women AGAINST both men and women. Correct me if I am reading this incorrectly, but are you suggesting that taunting opposing teams should be differentiated between whether it’s a men’s or a women’s game, or is it the phrase “overrated” that is misogynistic? Or, was your post sarcastic, which is how I initially read it.

Chris Bosh Overrated Chant

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I was a little taken back at the first game against Seton Hall I attended in Dec. at the XL center. Many fans booed the SH team as they came out on the court. Is this the new norm or is it just me cringing at this?
I was not there, but I bet it was the students that booed. I can't see mature rational WCBB loving adults booing 18-22 year old girls for absolutely no reason. That's boorish and childish behavior at worst. Unfortunately, it's probably the new norm. 18-22 year olds that think booing is fashionable and the thing to do at home games. You expect that type of behavior at some venues, but not at UConn. UConn fans appreciate, and have more respect for the game and the players than that. :oops:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My memory of Moriah Jefferson differs. She could score at will in HS but didn't focus on her outside game since she was faster than 99% of the opposition. She joined a stacked UConn team that had guards Bria Hartley, Caroline Doty, and Kelly Ferris as well as Mosqueda-Lewis, Stef. Dolson, and Brianna Stewart. Not enough basketballs to go around so when Geno sent her in as a frosh, it was primarily for defense. Soph year on, she was a reliable scorer that shared the ball with Tuck, Stewart, etc. If KK can be provide a large part of the offense that Moriah did, we will be in great shape.
Hoppy, I have a "gut feeling" that KK will become an instant fan favorite next year. She has skills and moxie....a deadly combination. ;)
Fans will love her like they love Lou now. KK IS NOT bashful about attacking the rim!!! ;)

Reaction Score
I was not there, but I bet it was the students that booed. I can't see mature rational WCBB loving adults booing 18-22 year old girls for absolutely no reason. That's boorish and childish behavior at worst. Unfortunately, it's probably the new norm. 18-22 year olds that think booing is fashionable and the thing to do at home games. You expect that type of behavior at some venues, but not at UConn. UConn fans appreciate, and have more respect for the game and the players than that. :oops:
@Carnac, there was a very good reason. Had nothing to do with basketball.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I don't think we've ever had a player with sort of offensive arsenal combined with that athleticism. Moriah comes to mind, but she didn't come to UCONN with that much offense.
Diana, Maya, Nykesha and Svetlana come to mind...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom