KK Arnold Responds To Chant | The Boneyard

KK Arnold Responds To Chant

Reaction Score
7D35FA51-595F-41A9-ACE0-D88670228F18.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah. Kids being kids. After the first couple of crossovers and swishes from KK, you can hear the crickets in between the squeaks from the “tennis shoes”. :D Same thing happened to Paige, when she was in high school. After she dropped a few of those dimes and Paige Buckets, they simmered down.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That’s how you do it!!

I like KK!! She can pass, shoot, and make her bunnies. Does she make coffee too? She makes good decisions with the ball. A "natural" point guard who loves the game. Hopefully, before she leaves UConn, she can transform/elevate her game to that of Las Vegas "Point GOD", Chelsea Gray. Don't be surprised if she becomes a player that can do whatever she wants, and get whatever she wants in a game by her junior year. She's good now. You know she's going to improve leaps and bounds once she gets here.

She has the skills, the quickness, the handles and the moxie. I'm calling it right now...........KK is going to have some opposing players leaving after the game in a walking boot. :eek: When your opponents call you the "point-God", that's the ultimate respect you can receive from other players. Arnold is going to be a lot of fun to watch for the next 4 years. :D

1674063138573.png

The Point GOD WNBA champion Chelsea Gray.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I’d have a long talk with my son if I ever caught him leading an overrated chant from the stands at a girls basketball game. Weak sauce.
All BigTime HS players will get scrutinized and harassed by opponents' fans. It's always going to happen, but when that player can come through and prove them wrong it is so sweet. BTY, its not so different than fans chanting after an opponent's "air ball". Let's remember, any player committed to UConn will have all eyes on her, some just waiting for them to fail, but some coming just to see how good she is. Not so different when opposing crowds jam a gym to see the UConn team.

Reaction Score
Is it ok at a boys’ game?
Nope. Not ok for any non basketball player to chant overrated while in the stands. You wanna prove someone overrated? Get on the court and do it. I just think a guy chanted that at a girl is especially weak sauce just like guys (non ballers) challenging women players to 1v 1.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nope. Not ok for any non basketball player to chant overrated while in the stands. You wanna prove someone overrated? Get on the court and do it. I just think a guy chanted that at a girl is especially weak sauce just like guys (non ballers) challenging women players to 1v 1.
I’m feeling you doggie. :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Auburn University has a pretty decent gymnastics squad, and Olympic medalist Suni Lee is on the team and routinely scores 9.8 and above. But as good as they are, they have a group of young boys (not men) that call themselves the "Gym-nasties". They hoot and holler and mock opponents and generally show the poorest of taste. Not sure why the school permits this to happen , but it does. This behavior is not at all "sporting". Perhaps they learned it at high school events? :eek:

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I was a little taken back at the first game against Seton Hall I attended in Dec. at the XL center. Many fans booed the SH team as they came out on the court. Is this the new norm or is it just me cringing at this?

Reaction Score
She has to get used to it (the pressure, the distractions, etc.) if she wants to excel at UConn. If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen! The mental part of the game might be just as hard as the physical aspect to transition from HS to elite College level.

Reaction Score
She has to get used to it (the pressure, the distractions, etc.) if she wants to excel at UConn. If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen! The mental part of the game might be just as hard as the physical aspect to transition from HS to elite College level.
I have a feeling she will handle it quite sell. ;)

Reaction Score
High school students can be quite creative with cheers. Our geometry and advanced pre-calculus teacher was also the statistician for our basketball team. A bunch of us future engineering students (nerds) were sitting behind him one game when we were doing particularly well (had a big lead) and we came up with "We are geometric, you are arithmetic. Sigma, Sigma, Rah, Rah, Rah!" The little grin we got from him was priceless.

During a rivalry game with one of the the public high schools in the city (we were a Catholic school) their fans threw a fish on the floor during a game in Lent accompanied by a "fish eaters" chant. This was in the 1970's. Good times...

Reaction Score
I don't think we've ever had a player with sort of offensive arsenal combined with that athleticism. Moriah comes to mind, but she didn't come to UCONN with that much offense.
My memory of Moriah Jefferson differs. She could score at will in HS but didn't focus on her outside game since she was faster than 99% of the opposition. She joined a stacked UConn team that had guards Bria Hartley, Caroline Doty, and Kelly Ferris as well as Mosqueda-Lewis, Stef. Dolson, and Brianna Stewart. Not enough basketballs to go around so when Geno sent her in as a frosh, it was primarily for defense. Soph year on, she was a reliable scorer that shared the ball with Tuck, Stewart, etc. If KK can be provide a large part of the offense that Moriah did, we will be in great shape.

Reaction Score
The really great players, love that stuff.
And real recognizes real. So people chanting overrated at great players are what I call nons or losers. That chant is so unimaginative and unoriginal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom