Kitija Laksa says goodbye to USF...but.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kitija Laksa says goodbye to USF...but....

Reaction Score
Laska's injury ACL tear was 16 November 2019. That will almost be exactly a year by the time the new season starts. the extent of the tear, the type of repair and the rigor of rehab are all variable factors for a recovery timeline which is usually 12 to 18 months to full recovery.
We haven’t made it to November 2019 yet! Maybe you know something we don’t!Head bang

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We haven’t made it to November 2019 yet! Maybe you know something we don’t!Head bang
Huh? No idea to what you are saying, inferring or meaning with the comments and emoji. Coco is merely point out the relevant facts and typical recovery time. It gives us a comprehensive understanding whereas your comments are muddled.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Huh? No idea to what you are saying, inferring or meaning with the comments and emoji. Coco is merely point out the relevant facts and typical recovery time. It gives us a comprehensive understanding whereas your comments are muddled.

I think WiseOne is pointing the fact that CocoHusky has developed Divination skills and can now predict future injuries.

Reaction Score
Well if you read the post, it stated that Laksa’s injury happened November 16, 2019. We haven’t made it to November 2019 yet! So comprehensively understand that!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Well if you read the post, it stated that Laksa’s injury happened November 16, 2019. We haven’t made it to November 2019 yet! So comprehensively understand that!
Ah, yes, I missed the date error aspect! Now I get it but the emoji was probably not the right one to use. Should have used a wink or smirk. Head against the wall is more of a “dumb or illogical” comment vs. a typo. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Laksa into the transfer portal. Wonder where she'll end up?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Laksa into the transfer portal. Wonder where she'll end up?
Well, I guess that is an indication Laksa is not planning to go pro in Europe anytime soon. There are so many top teams that would love to bring in a “hired gun” with Laksa’s ability to knock down shots, this could be interesting. With summer sessions about to start in early June, I do expect her decision very soon.

After securing both Ania and Evina, I’m not sure whether or not UConn would also be interested in Laksa, unless they could change the game to allow more than one basketball at the same time. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Oh c'mon, if we're going to jump on errors in spelling, grammar, obvious typos, etc., this site (and all others like it) will be filled with rubbish.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Oh c'mon, if we're going to jump on errors in spelling, grammar, obvious typos, etc., this site (and all others like it) will be filled with rubbish.
This particular typo was correctly pointed out with a sense of humor and has since been corrected. Hardly a case of jumping on something or someone. I appreciate the correction and the way it was handled.
Let's get back to UCONN WBB basketball now and leave the future predictions to @Carnac. :D

Reaction Score
I stand by my position on the matter and certainly don't need your assistance.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe Kitija has another growth spurt coming. This photo from her Senior Night shows that her father is really, really tall.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to Local reporting, not a very amicable decision.

Former USF star Kitija Laksa in transfer portal
I read this as a reporter trying to create some controversy where none may exist. Laksa has spoken with Jose previously about her decision and he has been nothing but gracious, wishing her well and stating he was, “at peace with her decision.” I believe Jose was well aware that Laksa intended to transfer. Out of respect for Jose, she waited until after graduation to place her name in the portal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"But if she does land at another school, Laksa ― a senior last season ― still must go through the formality of seeking a hardship waiver from the NCAA."

Does grad transfer have to apply for hardship waiver as well?
Because Laksa played in 3 games this past season before she was injured, I believe she does need to apply for a hardship waiver, which should be routinely granted. Once the hardship waiver is granted, Laksa is immediately eligible to play as a grad transfer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Because Laksa played in 3 games this past season before she was injured, I believe she does need to apply for a hardship waiver, which should be routinely granted. Once the hardship waiver is granted, Laksa is immediately eligible to play as a grad transfer.
And just to be clear, the “medical hardship waiver” is to restore her 4th year of eligibility after the season-ending injury. Not to be confused with the “waiver” exempting a transfer from the sit-out year.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She seems like a good person, and she has BB skills. I wish her well. But I've often been amazed by some of her odd shot selections. And to think of it, this also applies to a few other of her teammates.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The correct observations on Kitija taking odd or many shots is correct but was also a function of the USF offense or lack thereof. Similar would be Evina's high number of turnovers vs. her assists. Both are correctable within the UConn system as Geno and CD explain passing lanes, ball movement and optimal shot selection.

I really think Laksa's best skill comparison is Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis as she was a deadly outside shooter, a person who could rebound, wasn't a great ball handler and was not fleet of foot on the defensive end. With CD, CW and even MW, we have enough ball handlers and that's before we know how Ania is with the rock.

As time goes by without hearing what Laksa intends to do, I am thinking she is less likely to end up at UConn. Even if she is hurt enough to not practice over the summer, the new school's medical staff would want to get in sync with her current doctors to start the full recovery therapy. I look forward to seeing her play wherever she ends up as great outside shooters always enthrall me! :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the comparison to KML is off because Laksa appears to be much better running of screens than KML was. KML made a living as a spot up shooter.

With graduates who have a year of eligibility left and want an advanced degree, the academic offerings from schools can be a significant factor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the comparison to KML is off because Laksa appears to be much better running of screens than KML was. KML made a living as a spot up shooter.

With graduates who have a year of eligibility left and want an advanced degree, the academic offerings from schools can be a significant factor.
Advanced Basketball with Naismith Professor Luigi Auriemma and Associate Professor Christine Dailey. Visiting profs include Professor G.O.A.T.

Reaction Score
I suppose this merits a thread but for the life of me I can't imagine why anyone thinks UConn would be interested in her at this point - or any other point. She's slow as christmas, was slow the first time we saw her and might have lost a step as years went by. She requires an offense more or less dedicated to setting screen after screen for her and if she's ever played a lick of defense I'm going to need video proof with a signed affidavit from Janet Reno assuring me it wasn't altered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom