Kisunas released from LOI | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kisunas released from LOI

Reaction Score
Decent 4 year guy, upside being a late bloomer. Probably not much of an impact his first couple of years though.

Like I said - there isn’t a single Ollie recruit I’d lose sleep over.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This could mean nothing, but let’s throw this cryptic tweet into the mix:
Reminds me of the Montez Mathis fiasco

Refresh. What happened with that one?

Reaction Score
So what's everyone thinking...how do we fill these three scholarships? Is it reasonable to think we can land three freshman who are also skilled? Or should we try to land one freshman and two grad transfers to plug the hole for now?
First choice is to fill the scholarships with as good or better players. Grad transfers are a last resort.
We are screwed if we don't land a PG. It will be more of the same as last season and Hurley at the helm won't fix that.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I expected this one.

He’s just not a great fit for the way Hurley plays.

He’s a great fit for someone, though...and plus, he’d probably be able to go to Harvard or Yale if he wants.
Just might be a Yale or Harvard education and then a pro career in Lithuania if he wants to go home. Not a bad deal.

Reaction Score
We don't know that DH had no interest in retaining 66% of the recruiting class. We do know that he wasn't able or willing to do it.

Both the kids in question were all UConn (verbal and social media activity) until they had chats with Hurley. We can all make our own inferences based off of that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I thought naming Hurley would preserve a few recruits, maybe he's not interested in them

IDK

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is disappointing, you can always use intelligent big guys.

I really hope Hurley isn't going to try to win here wih 4 guard lineups. If he does he won't last long unless he recruits 4 guys who shoot the lights out right off the bat.

Reaction Score
No it isn't. At this point of the cycle you keep what you have and see if there is any talent. If not, you take the school after the season. This only works if you have replacement lined up and you know the current roster is returning.

I don't much about blaze or the delusional rantings of a pretender.

Again, it may all work out and I hope it does. The sky isn't falling, but this isn't the start I hoped for. It won't matter much a year from now if all goes well
So you're cool making this judgement before the spring period or having any idea on what Hurley plans to do?

Reaction Score
This is disappointing, you can always use intelligent big guys.

I really hope Hurley isn't going to try to win here wih 4 guard lineups. If he does he won't last long unless he recruits 4 guys who shoot the lights out right off the bat.
I guess, especially after watching DO this past year.

Reaction Score
Could Dave Borges be any more clear? Hurley didn’t want him. Our talent level needs upgrading. This is progress.
The response and over reaction is shocking to me. This had to be expected and like you said, IT'S PROGRESS!

Reaction Score
Anybody who thought this is about 2018-2019 is missing the boat. Hurley is building for the long term and it seems pretty clear he doesn’t see any of Ollie’s recruits as being part of that process. Despite his obligatory we’ll win with the guys we have press conference comments, I suspect he gets that next year ain’t gonna be pretty. There is not a lot of talent there. And given Ollie’s recruiting history not shocked he isn’t too upset about these guys leaving.

Reaction Score
I've mentioned before that I saw him live in the big Prep Tourney at Albertus Magnus last November and all I could think was, "I wonder what I'm missing here?" "The coaches must be looking at things I don't understand or can't see. Maybe it's like when Sellers went scoreless without a rebound when Calhoun and Dickenman went to see him in high school. They mentioned they liked his footwork."

Plus, he's no way 6 foot 10 inches tall and showed no touch on his shots and no ability to stop opponents from overpowering him while scoring over him.

Again, I'm no expert judge of talent and it was just one game, but all I could think was how good some other guys on the two teams were.
It's probably the same baffled reaction I had when I first saw Larry Blucher at a high school tournament knowing that he was the heir apparent to Corny Thompson's position.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Both the kids in question were all UConn (verbal and social media activity) until they had chats with Hurley. We can all make our own inferences based off of that.

Anybody who thought this is about 2018-2019 is missing the boat. Hurley is building for the long term and it seems pretty clear he doesn’t see any of Ollie’s recruits as being part of that process. Despite his obligatory we’ll win with the guys we have press conference comments, I suspect he gets that next year ain’t gonna be pretty. There is not a lot of talent there. And given Ollie’s recruiting history not shocked he isn’t too upset about these guys leaving.

I'm curious who hurley thinks he can get that's better than Matthews. That's a guy who really fit in well stylistically with the team.

Maybe it's the wake kid as a grad transfer. I can get down with a move like that.

I'm still hopeful DH gets Akinjo back on board.

Reaction Score
I agree about the 2018 recruits not being apart of his vision(sans Akinjo). But I whole heartedly disagree about the amount of talent we have on this team. Ollie was just a terrible coach. We didn’t lack the talent sufficient enough to make the tournament, we lacked the direction and leadership

Reaction Score
It's about long term and short term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom