Kinda OT: your worst fear as a UConn fan? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: your worst fear as a UConn fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't the obvious answer further NCAA allegations and penalties? One-year postseason ban was something I could endure particularly because it provided an opportunity for Calhoun-to-Ollie transition with pressure dialed down. Maybe a rationalization, but so far looks like it worked.

Lots of people here couldn't deal at all and completed tuned out the NCAA tournament.

Another 1-year ban would be disastrous and death penalty has to be worst fear unless we step outside of UConn fandom and fear total NCAA thermonuclear war/armageddon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
University of Houston. That is who I don't want to be. As a younger fan I had NO IDEA the C-USA Houston used to be successful in athletics. Both football and basketball were powers but you'd never know it this side of the 90's. I'm afraid 10 years down the line the casual fan will say "UConn used to be a basketball school??" "______ played at UConn?? (insert Kemba, Ray, Rip, Okafor)

Um...they were in the Southwest Conference then. With Texas, A&M, Baylor, Arkansas etc. It unfortunately sheds a spotlight on what conference realignment can do to those who lose at the Roulette.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Isn't the obvious answer further NCAA allegations and penalties?
Another 1-year ban would be disastrous and death penalty has to be worst fear unless we step outside of UConn fandom and fear total NCAA thermonuclear war/armageddon.

Not discounting your point, but are they really going to give us a death penalty for too many phone calls and nebulous connections at best to a quasi agent (who is actually a nobody)? I mean, I doubt there is any further transgressions, because those Yahoos (see what I did there) dug up every last piece of dirt they could and threw it against the wall. And grades are in order now with new administration.

In fact, I'm worried about nothing else.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Um...they were in the Southwest Conference then. With Texas, A&M, Baylor, Arkansas etc. It unfortunately sheds a spotlight on what conference realignment can do to those who lose at the Roulette.

Actually a really scary point. Which hearkens back to my first post in this thread.

Reaction Score
Not discounting your point, but are they really going to give us a death penalty for too many phone calls and nebulous connections at best to a quasi agent (who is actually a nobody)? I mean, I doubt there is any further transgressions, because those Yahoos (see what I did there) dug up every last piece of dirt they could and threw it against the wall. And grades are in order now with new administration.

In fact, I'm worried about nothing else.
The question was your worst fears, not what you reasonably expect might happen. I think you are right and it is reasonable to assume punishment for past transgressions are unlikely as you say because they've sifted thru the dirt, but you never know. And like Wolfe and Olander arrests prove every player/program is vulnerable to someone doing something stupid.

Reaction Score
Becoming a bottom dwelling team for 10 years and losing our fanbase, especially the Boneyard. I love you guys. I don't know what I would do without you guys. ;)

Reaction Score
lets see. we are in the aac and witnessed a team with as much heart as any we have seen been banned from the postseason, while syracuse and louisville play in the final four. can it get much worse?

Reaction Score
We are gonna be fine. Seriously. We will dominate this train wreck an will eventually get a seat atte big boy table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom