Kinda OT: your worst fear as a UConn fan? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: your worst fear as a UConn fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That freescooter is ever placed in a position where his decision-making influences others.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I'm comfortable with the Head coach and coaching staff but my only
concern/ fear is recruiting. There's been a lot of 2014 recruit threads, with good players mentioned, but I'm not going to feel Relieved until we actually sign a couple. No matter the conference, getting players is what's going to keep us from becoming "BC". Can KO recruit as the head coach ?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Coup d'etat's of any sort. Besides that probably the direction that our football team is headed.

Reaction Score
Not landing a top-50 recruit for 2014.

It's awfully specific, but I think our future as a program hinges on that class. Another group of no-names, with our conference situation and tenuous national reputation, and we might not see a stud recruit for a decade.

Reaction Score
Being forced to lie in a small, confined space with large rats crawling over me.

Reaction Score
Becoming the next UCLA.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I'm with this, having a lot of champs, but eventually sinking and not winning as much and scheduling crappy teams.

Also, making the NIT and winning the first round as a success.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. A earwig laying it's eggs in my ear which then hatch and painfully bore into my brain.
2. Being invited to the 10th anniversary of Coach Pasqualoni at UConn and listening to him explain that the "the kids are finally catching on to George's blocking schemes, so we think that we might just have a winning season this year."

Reaction Score
The day Jim Calhoun retires.
...wait, not so bad after all, though I miss the old guy leading the ship

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Basically, the slow and gradual disinterest in UConn sports that will result from all this realignment.

Boneyard types will always be into it and at the games, but it's just sad to see what was and what could've been being influenced by something out of our control.

I have no absolutely no interest in college football besides UConn and my college basketball interest is solely UConn and the NCAA Tourney.

college athletics has always been corrupt and all about the money, but what has transpired the past couple years has just been an absolute joke.

So, yeah there's that and also being forced to watch more than 5 minutes of women's basketball.

Reaction Score
University of Houston. That is who I don't want to be. As a younger fan I had NO IDEA the C-USA Houston used to be successful in athletics. Both football and basketball were powers but you'd never know it this side of the 90's. I'm afraid 10 years down the line the casual fan will say "UConn used to be a basketball school??" "______ played at UConn?? (insert Kemba, Ray, Rip, Okafor)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Worst fear.... being stuck in an elevator full of Syracuse fans.

Been there, sorta. Stuck in a restroom full of Sparty fans. They can all go to hell.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa -- you think you can just take a 1-year hiatus from this board and just come back so nonchalantly?

Ha! Conference woes were one of the reasons for the hiatus. I'm not going to let go of this albatross so easily. I need to justify my victimhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom