Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements?

GG

Reaction Score
I’m a casual cyclist but…..,

Last year I Rode my bike for 151 miles in one day. Left the house at 7:00am, returned at 9:01pm. Left my house, pedaled to the end of the railroad trail in Westfield Massachusetts. From there, pedaled back down completely through Connecticut and back home.

Today I did 28 miles in 176 minutes. Climbed up Southington Mountain then through Wolcott up the Woodtick Roads to Bristol. Went up Willis St in Bristol, the most challenging cycling hill in Connecticut. Then went back through Wolcott, Southington and home to Cheshire. All the hills without stopping. All in 95°
Great job. I have done Farmington, CT to Westfield, CT but that is not as impressive as your ride. I move that trail.

Reaction Score
Freshman football team went undefeated and unscored upon, 10-0. I was the star running back.

Won the basketball tourney in high school and was title game MVP (33 points).
Played tennis against actors Robert Redford and Christopher Plummer a few times and at different times back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Also if you remember him/her, met Dr Rene Richards, several times, around the same time. LOL.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That number is in elite competitive powerlifter territory. Good ! I'm not even in the 2 plate club at 160lbs.
That reminds me, I benched 310 at 150 pounds, summer between high school and college. Admitted arch and TRex arms. Now I can’t carry more than 25 pounds without tweaking my back.

Reaction Score
That number is in elite competitive powerlifter territory. Good ! I'm not even in the 2 plate club at 160lbs.
A 415 bench press at 190 bodyweight 22 years old is insane and absolutely elite drug free.

I don't bench more than 275 or so anymore, have a wonky shoulder for years now but when in a serious groove can always crank out 225 close grip for 20+ in my 40's. It gets looks at a commercial gym and gets me talking with younger and older lifters, I would like to maintain that for many years going forward. Prouder of what I've done over the years in the gym over any of the mediocre sports accomplishments I had growing up. I've enjoyed it more and it's been way more important in my life. I'm glad I found the gym.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Three.
1. Started Kenpo Karate at age 46, got my black belt at 53
2. Broke my nose in HS while on the JV hoop team. Coach wouldn't play me while I wore the mask. Got it off for the last game of the season and scored 20 pts. (then, obnoxiously, said "he should've played me" to a teammate while coach was in earshot :eek: :D)
3. When I was younger won long drive holes in a couple charity events, landing me a putter and a hybrid for free. Still use the hybrid.

Reaction Score
Some of these bench press numbers I'm reading are humbling to say the least, lol. My best bench was 305 for 1 (on 3 different occasions) at about 205lbs... Never cracked the 3 plate club sadly. My best lifts have always been shoulder-based, however. I once did a 200lb strict military press when I was still 205.

Reaction Score
Managed to bang out 50+ miles on the bike while raising a modest sun for St. Jude’s.

Reaction Score
Where are the power-fart pros?

Despite many participants, the pros seem to be in a kind of silent, but deadly, league....

Although, I have a friend, yeah, that's it... a friend of mine, once cleared the dance floor in the tap room during a 60s cover band show at the Griswold Inn. No one knew it was me who it was, not even my wife.... It was definitely a pro job.

Reaction Score
Great job. I have done Farmington, CT to Westfield, CT but that is not as impressive as your ride. I move that trail.
Thank you GG, appreciate the kind words. I’m not one for walking, swimming or running but get me on a bike it’s all good.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Tackled Bruce Jenner in a high school football game in 1965. Sat next to Donyell Marshall on a plane ride from Atlanta to White Plains last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some of these bench press numbers I'm reading are humbling to say the least, lol. My best bench was 305 for 1 (on 3 different occasions) at about 205lbs... Never cracked the 3 plate club sadly. My best lifts have always been shoulder-based, however. I once did a 200lb strict military press when I was still 205.
Dude 305 lb bench press is great, that puts you in the 1% of the male population and and top 5% of male lifters. Of course if you go to a serious powerlifting gym where everyone is on drugs they're all doing that but it's a serious amount of weight and not easy to do as someone who just lifts as a hobby and goes to normal gyms. You rarely see it at the big box gyms. 200 lb strict military press is really impressive.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Won Boneyard Golf Tournament the first time I played golf. Ok, AAAB (AAA player), Iron Mike (B player), and Wayne (C) helped.

Oh, and I hit a guy with a drive that defied laws of physics. He parked his cart behind a tree AND got out of the cart and stood behind it.

Reaction Score
Hit a walk-off 3 run HR to win our fast pitch softball league championship. Thrilling as hell.
1 hole-in-one golfing many years ago. Played with 3 friends who I've ensured will never forget it.
3 300 games bowling. Averaged 192 at my best.
Dorm ping-pong champ beating my friend and top rival who arrived in boxing robe regalia and hilariously acted the part.
At UConn Hartford, hit 56 FTs in a row during a practice. Never got to the line in a game that year.
At UConn Storrs, after air-balling the first by hitting my cap, turned the cap around, silenced the boo-birds and hit 10 FTs in 30 seconds to win a UConn fan-pack.
Such a multiple athlete:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ram a 2:54 Marathon in 1987 which qualified me for Boston. Unfortunately, blew out knee training for Boston.
Won 1998 New England Masters 800M Championship, in not overly impressive 2:10.
At age 55 finished Tough Mudder easily.
June 2017 bicycled average of 30 miles for 30 days straight for charity.

Reaction Score
One indoor soccer season when I was about 10, I got subbed in for the final few minutes of the game when we were down a goal. Ended up scoring off a quick pass from a teammate to tie it up. With about 45 seconds left, I decided to shoot from almost half (which isn't as absurd in indoor soccer) and somehow buried it in the top corner.

We won the game and I remember an employee of the facility asking me if I was trying to get a tan because I ripped my shirt off during the post-game celebration. Not a crazy impressive moment or anything, but I'll never forget that feeling

Reaction Score
I was captain and pitch the first baseball state playoff game ever for EOSmith in 1966. Unfortunately we lost.

Reaction Score
Shot par on the front 9 of El Cardonal (Tiger's course in Cabo) - site of this year's World Wide Technology Championship (shot 43 on the back of course)

Caught a 2 point conversion from Burrell in HS (freshman football - as a tackle eligible)

Won the District League XC JV race in 1989.

Ran a 4:59 mile once.

Highlights that wouldn't make the Ocho LMAO

Much easier to brag about my son.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01