Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements?

Reaction Score
I’ve seen three aces and all three guys were worse than I. Am I bitter hell yes . Two of those shots were pretty much knock downs that got lucky rolls
You must have seen mine then. Just a knockdown shot to account for 20-30’ of break on the green.

Reaction Score
I rode my bicycle from Conn to Northern CA in 1976, mostly against the wind. I was stupid and stubborn when I was young, I should have ridden from Ca to Conn.
No not stupid but a typical stubborn Valley guy. That doesn’t give up ever, even if all seems lost .
I was born in Derby , Griffin Hospital , I understand completely.
I think they but a chip on your shoulder at birth that said everyone thinks you will fail , prove them wrong.

Reaction Score
Golf a hobby after I couldn’t play in twilight and city leagues in baseball or basketball. Some good stuff but a couple of my best rounds also involve a huge disappointment for my golf career. Played in a Pro-Am with a WesMass golf pro at Wintonbury and had 5 birds and was 3 under (it’s a par 70) going into 17-18. Went double, single bogey shot 70 what a gag job. Then playing with 16 Gus at Richmond CC in RI I had 7 birdies in a round. And still only shot 70. The point of this is I have never shot in the 60d and it really pisses me off. A guy who did get to a 4.2 hcp should see a 68-69 but I always choked when I was close I admit that. LOL had and still have lots of fun with the game though had 6 birds this spring at Blue Fox and shot 72 but I need those 6000-6300 yard courses now I’m too old.

I was also lucky enough to meet a great group of people in the BYC which ultimately became Team Fishy. Lots of fun in those but they weren’t going to let us sniff a win were they? Lol
Always wanted to qualify for the U.S. Open. Closest I got was at age 33.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Golf a hobby after I couldn’t play in twilight and city leagues in baseball or basketball. Some good stuff but a couple of my best rounds also involve a huge disappointment for my golf career. Played in a Pro-Am with a WesMass golf pro at Wintonbury and had 5 birds and was 3 under (it’s a par 70) going into 17-18. Went double, single bogey shot 70 what a gag job. Then playing with 16 Gus at Richmond CC in RI I had 7 birdies in a round. And still only shot 70. The point of this is I have never shot in the 60d and it really pisses me off. A guy who did get to a 4.2 hcp should see a 68-69 but I always choked when I was close I admit that. LOL had and still have lots of fun with the game though had 6 birds

I was also lucky enough to meet a great group of people in the BYC which ultimately became Team Fishy. Lots of fun in those but they weren’t going to let us sniff a win were they? Lol
Team Fishy is always destined to lose unless you are counting who gets the most prizes for sending in cereal box tops.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Around 50 years ago I did a lot of big boat sailboat racing.

1972 Bermuda Race we ran through a tropical depression. 45-55 mph wind for around 36 hours. 30 foot high seas.

Real exciting stuff.

2 weeks later, Trans- Atlantic race from Bermuda to Bayona, Spain ( leaving the island of Flores, in the Azores to port). Polar opposite of the Bermuda race. Literally drifted across the ocean. 21 days at sea.

Sailed back to Connecticut a few weeks later.

How I spent my summer vacation

Reaction Score
- Member of McCabe-Waters Little League (farm league) champion Cardinals in 1980. (I got one hit the whole season but was a decent 2nd baseman.)

- Played some softball for Worker's Comp team vs law firms in Hartford in the '90s

- Survived the 2011 Whale Bowl at the Rent. Closest a sporting event temp ever got to absolute zero.

- Numerous Tecmo Bowl titles

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Helped hold Mike Gminski to 34 in a CT state tournament…he only played three quarters however.
I played against his dad in a seniors rec league.

Reaction Score
I drained a three pointer on the court at the Basketball Hall of Fame. The 8 and 10 year olds on the court at that time were very impressed.

I skipped a rock on a pond eight times. I think I just found a really good rock rather than it being the result of talent.

I once hit a softball from the warning track into the upper right field grandstand at the old Comiskey Park in Chicago (using an actual Chet Lemon bat).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom