Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? New England has more good to great prep schools than any other area in the country. We may not have the elite Montverde/Sierra Canyons/etc but we stand up pound for pound. You can see multiple great prep basketball games within a 2 hour drive of your house here which is 100x easier than most other areas in the country.

But that's entirely my point. Go play prep basketball. Don't pound your chest in a public school league when you're not a public school.
It's amazing you can't follow along. What the hell do you think I'm talking about? I expect Toure to leave like the majority of the other college prospects in the state do. That's the whole point, in states who take high school basketball seriously like Illinois and New Jersey the kids tend to stay, it makes the basketball much stronger throughout the state.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I mean you don't need to be a great coach to do what Shea has done at ND. To be clear I don't think he's a bad dude and actually know some guys that played with him at Conn College who speak well of him.

I do know that they're basically the new Sacred Heart (of Waterbury). They recruit anyone and everyone from all over and then go beat up on mostly public schools (blame the CIAC for allowing that). Shea is widely unpopular inside most of the ciac basketball committees and among rival coaches. The prep school they basically founded out of thin air to bolster his program was a travesty. And then they left dozens of kids in a lurch when the program folded because everyone knew it was a sham. Just a bad look all around.

NDs recent success isn't apple apples with what Coach Palladino did or really most ciac coaches. Shea is playing a completely different game.
Hey try beating up on Windsor. East Catholic found out it’s not so easy again this year ;)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’m listeningThis should be good. You never tire of embarrassing yourself.
You’re talking to someone who knows more about that program than anyone on this board. But sure, tell me how these players aren’t from Windsor.

Especially the teams that actually have won championships and players that play D1.
Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
It would probably be best for his career to get out and to a prep with better competition regardless. They're not a bad program at all historically, but what kind of skills he can develop playing against 6'3 kids with a -4" vertical is a big question.

But to be fair, I said the same thing about Clingan and that worked out alright for him.
Always refreshing to see honesty (about your posts on Clingan). They did make sense, but maybe he is just that good or his AAU games were enough to prep him for UConn.

Reaction Score
You’re talking to someone who knows more about that program than anyone on this board. But sure, tell me how these players aren’t from Windsor.

Especially the teams that actually have won championships and players that play D1.
Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I like Ken Smith, he's been recruiting kids since I was in high school.

I don't know your reasoning for pretending he doesn't but you're already making concessions so it's obvious you don't even believe what you're saying.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I don't know your reasoning for pretending he doesn't but you're already making concessions so it's obvious you don't even believe what you're saying.
I said the last part because you’re trying to say this hypothetical thing is some huge part of his success.

When you go through his championship teams and some of his best players that have went D1, they are Windsor raised guys through and through. Windsor in general has a great talent pool. There are guys who play in the NFL through the football team and the track program is elite too. Couple of baseball players who are/have played in the minors as well.

Reaction Score

He recruits just as much as the prep schools in the CIAC. Don't get me started on that BS. They're all just too cheap Tyler Phommachanh join NEPSAC.

Reaction Score
Always refreshing to see honesty (about your posts on Clingan). They did make sense, but maybe he is just that good or his AAU games were enough to prep him for UConn.

I'm not convinced AAU is really prep at all--just exposure. I would imagine people are going to be surprised by Abdou this summer. Expressions is known for playing younger guys up in 17u, so he may have some great competition too.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? New England has more good to great prep schools than any other area in the country. We may not have the elite Montverde/Sierra Canyons/etc but we stand up pound for pound. You can see multiple great prep basketball games within a 2 hour drive of your house here which is 100x easier than most other areas in the country.

But that's entirely my point. Go play prep basketball. Don't pound your chest in a public school league when you're not a public school.
Most of those games have horrible atmospheres. And kids that are good basketball players but not top of the top should not have to finance 50k to go to one of those schools. It’s so annoying when ciac coaches/parents complain about their kids playing against solid players. And the truth is the best catholic schools are not fielding teams with more than 1 and once in a while 2 d1 prospects (usually not high major players).

Reaction Score
Most of those games have horrible atmospheres. And kids that are good basketball players but not top of the top should not have to finance 50k to go to one of those schools. It’s so annoying when ciac coaches/parents complain about their kids playing against solid players. And the truth is the best catholic schools are not fielding teams with more than 1 and once in a while 2 d1 prospects (usually not high major players).

Yeah, NEPSAC environments sucks.

It's also silly to ignore the fact that catholic schools are recruiting better players and it's an unfair advantage over publics. East Catholic and NWC recruited every single one of the better players that went through my program. Just give the Catholic schools their own division in the CIAC if they won't pony up the money to be in NEPSAC.

Reaction Score
I mean you don't need to be a great coach to do what Shea has done at ND. To be clear I don't think he's a bad dude and actually know some guys that played with him at Conn College who speak well of him.

I do know that they're basically the new Sacred Heart (of Waterbury). They recruit anyone and everyone from all over and then go beat up on mostly public schools (blame the CIAC for allowing that). Shea is widely unpopular inside most of the ciac basketball committees and among rival coaches. The prep school they basically founded out of thin air to bolster his program was a travesty. And then they left dozens of kids in a lurch when the program folded because everyone knew it was a sham. Just a bad look all around.

NDs recent success isn't apple apples with what Coach Palladino did or really most ciac coaches. Shea is playing a completely different game.
Have heard what you’ve posted
Let’s see if Willie Darden from new haven
Enrolls at ndwh
Told he is the best player out of new haven
Since tremont

Reaction Score

It's also silly to ignore the fact that catholic schools are recruiting better players and it's an unfair advantage over publics. East Catholic and NWC recruited every single one of the better players that went through my program. Just give the Catholic schools their own division in the CIAC if they won't pony up the money to be in NEPSAC.
Yeah that’s fine. There’s really not a lot of them though. And in some other sports that they don’t care as much about they can often times be much worse than a random middle sized public schools. Even in football some years they can really suck

And yeah I can’t see any of those schools becoming nepsac type prep schools. They really aren’t well funded schools.

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s fine. There’s really not a lot of them though. And in some other sports that they don’t care as much about they can often times be much worse than a random middle sized public schools. Even in football some years they can really suck

And yeah I can’t see any of those schools becoming nepsac type prep schools. They really aren’t well funded schools.
All true. But why any of that is the problem for public high schools is what I don’t get.

Reaction Score

The CIAC tried to address this by creating a division, one for boys basketball with 16 or 17 school
East Catholic North West Catholic saint Bernards
Xavier, Notre Dame at West Haven, Fairfield prep kolbe Cathedral, Notre Dame a Fairfield
Are in that division
Somehow holy cross Waterberry in Saint Joseph’s Trumbull are not
After all the recruiting with the Vito montrlli the new administration at Saint Josephs, put an end
To recruiting and they are no longer a power
Imho the CIAC while trying to fix one problem
Screwed schools like Ridgefield who have great coaching and participation are forced to compete in div 1
They would have been the favorite in div11
The bb past 2/3 years
I agree time to put Catholic schools in one division

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I never really saw Catholic schools being that big of a problem playing public schools. In the 860 there’s only two of them and they go through their ups and downs just like everyone else.

Maybe it’s more of a problem in the 203? But even then there’s Hillhouse, New London had Kris Dunn at a point, and Bridgeport Central can be good some years as well. Doug Wiggins came from East Hartford and so did Khari Beaufort.

Maybe I just haven’t paid very close attention in a few years but back when I played I never noticed Catholic schools being that big of a deal to play against.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I never really saw Catholic schools being that big of a problem playing public schools. In the 860 there’s only two of them and they go through their ups and downs just like everyone else.

Maybe it’s more of a problem in the 203? But even then there’s Hillhouse, New London had Kris Dunn at a point, and Bridgeport Central can be good some years as well. Doug Wiggins came from East Hartford and so did Khari Beaufort.

Maybe I just haven’t paid very close attention in a few years but back when I played I never noticed Catholic schools being that big of a deal to play against.

It's about having an unfair advantage. They can recruit kids from any town, publics can't.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's about having an unfair advantage. They can recruit kids from any town, publics can't.
Is what it is. They have to get their kids from somewhere and the kids still have to afford to go to that school.

There’s not many kids I’ve seen play at those Catholic schools who shouldn’t have been there. Only one real example comes to mind from way back.

I don’t think it’d be fair to the good public schools to take away some of their main competition.

Reaction Score

Kris Dunn actually lived in Montville, yet mysteriously enrolled at NL.

Vin Baker jr. played his freshman year @ Fitch, sophomore year @ Ledyard, and his last 2 @ Old Saybrook.

Reaction Score

Just think how much CT high school basketball would suck without East Catholic, NDWH, ND Catholic Fairfield, Windsor, Northwest Catholic, Saint Bernard School, Sacred Heart Waterbury (now defunct which is a shame) Holy Cross Waterbury, Trinity Catholic Stamford, St. Joseph's Trumbull.

These schools keep top kids in state much better than the publics were doing which to me is much better than seeing all the talent leave to play at boarding schools during the afternoon in front of boring sparse crowds.

Reaction Score

Just think how much CT high school basketball would suck without East Catholic, NDWH, ND Catholic Fairfield, Windsor, Northwest Catholic, Saint Bernard School, Sacred Heart Waterbury (now defunct which is a shame) Holy Cross Waterbury, Trinity Catholic Stamford, St. Joseph's Trumbull.

These schools keep top kids in state much better than the publics were doing which to me is much better than seeing all the talent leave to play at boarding schools during the afternoon in front of boring sparse crowds.
The last I looked basketball at public high schools is an activity that students can participate in
They are not “progams” who is goal is to prepare students to be college or professional players
High school basketball is supposed to be something that students the community and the players can have fun doing and hopefully learn some values of competition, teamwork, making friends, etc.
To me that doesn’t “suck”
If talented players and their parents want to choose not to go to a public school I don’t see how that’s anybody’s business but theirs
I guess in your way,of thinking the fact that 10 or 15 talented players are not playing at state high schools that somehow high school basketball is diminished
Diminished for who?
Certainly not for those who coach and participate

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kris Dunn actually lived in Montville, yet mysteriously enrolled at NL.

Vin Baker jr. played his freshman year @ Fitch, sophomore year @ Ledyard, and his last 2 @ Old Saybrook.
I don’t blame Kris for making that happen tbh when you’re that close. New London was so good then.

I remember the first time I saw him at a jamboree in lay up lines his junior year. He and a teammate of his treated it like a dunk contest throwing lobs off the backwall (not backboard) to themselves. In game, he caught an OOB alley oop dunk with 2 hands down the middle of the lane. I don’t remember who his teammate was but I think they won a championship that year in L.

That’s a whole lot of moving from Vin though. Transferring to schools 30 mins away is wild.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom