Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno will be challenged next year with his roster size. Speaking of roster size, I saw on Volnation that LSU has a full roster of scholarship players now with six freshmen recruits on the way. The talk of Baylor transferees is way premature. LSU would have to have significant transfers out to accommodate the Baylor players. Stay tuned.....
The discussion has mostly been about the players that could come with Kim to LSU. But obviously there are many more questions. Will current LSU players even want to leave now. Many may choose to stay put, limiting how many incoming Kim can bring.

In general, short term I think this is good for Uconn, because with some movement but not an entire team switching over, neither Baylor or LSU will be a threat to Uconn this season, but before this news, Baylor possibly could have been. One thing that probably won't happen, but could change the balance of power at the top, would be if a star like Smith didn't stay put or go with Kim, but rather relocated to another powerhouse program.

Reaction Score
Surprised no rumors of who will take over Baylor. Next year's Baylor team is very talented - glad they will have a new coach.

Reaction Score
The discussion has mostly been about the players that could come with Kim to LSU. But obviously there are many more questions. Will current LSU players even want to leave now. Many may choose to stay put, limiting how many incoming Kim can bring.

In general, short term I think this is good for Uconn, because with some movement but not an entire team switching over, neither Baylor or LSU will be a threat to Uconn this season, but before this news, Baylor possibly could have been. One thing that probably won't happen, but could change the balance of power at the top, would be if a star like Smith didn't stay put or go with Kim, but rather relocated to another powerhouse program.
Coaches are not obligated to offer their players a scholarship each year, so they may get demoted to walk on if they don’t want to transfer.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It would not have made sense to mention Muffet given she is not coaching so definitely does not deserve to be highest paid. coach. The only two coaches that could make an argument to be paid more than Mulkey are Geno and Tara which is why I mentioned them along with my irrelavant fact.

Still when Niele leads ND to win 3 NCs or more than she'd probably deserve that salary (even though ND would be too cheap to give her that). If Niele can even win 1 NC at ND she would be the only one that would match Mulkey's feat as "the only person in college basketball history – men's or women's – to win national championships as a head coach, assistant coach and a player." (per the LSU press release).

One can dream.
This isn’t a thread about Norte Dame

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
LSU Women's Basketball was so fun in the days of Seimone Augustus, Sylvia Fowles, Temeka Johnson and that core that went to 5 straight Final Fours
This clip must be appreciated anew, especially given the opponent :)

"Siemone's got something for everyone!"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Coaches are not obligated to offer their players a scholarship each year, so they may get demoted to walk on if they don’t want to transfer.
Didn't the SEC switch to 4 year scholarships a few years back?

Reaction Score
Didn't the SEC switch to 4 year scholarships a few years back?
Oh, not sure honestly. Could be totally wrong. Even with a 4 year scholarship I’m sure no player wants to stay if they aren’t wanted and being told they aren’t going to play

Plebe

Reaction Score
They had the new Twitter skin all lined up and ready to go.

Will take me a while till it stops looking weird:

1619397170417.png

Reaction Score
I've been here all along. But Sunday is a work day for some of us, and for me to have posted anything earlier would have been careless. I see "Adriacus" posts here. Don't know that poster personally, but be careful (if the poster on our board by that name is one and the same). LOTS and LOTS of bad information out there spewing from wbb haters. Also, you have a great set of posting guidelines and your Board is no place for me and any other Baylor fan to duke out our differences.

Kim has been a colleague at Baylor for two decades. Her daughter and son-in-law were my students. I don't care to get into the mix and/or be lopped in with al the crazies on our Boards who are now making this a very personal thing with words and accusations that are WAY over the line, and not bball related in any way.

I'll be back around the Boneyard. I enjoy your Board.

Later, baylorprof

HGN

Reaction Score
The question is whether Kim is running home to Louisiana , or running away from battling Vic Schaefer in Texas for the best talent. Mulkey is a great coach and will certainly elevate LSU. But at the same time Baylor will suffer from her absence and Schaefer's presence at U. of Texas.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I've been here all along. But Sunday is a work day for some of us, and for me to have posted anything earlier would have been careless. I see "Adriacus" posts here. Don't know that poster personally, but be careful (if the poster on our board by that name is one and the same). LOTS and LOTS of bad information out there spewing from wbb haters. Also, you have a great set of posting guidelines and your Board is no place for me and any other Baylor fan to duke out our differences.

Kim has been a colleague at Baylor for two decades. Her daughter and son-in-law were my students. I don't care to get into the mix and/or be lopped in with al the crazies on our Boards who are now making this a very personal thing with words and accusations that are WAY over the line, and not bball related in any way.

I'll be back around the Boneyard. I enjoy your Board.

Later, baylorprof
You've always brought a tremendous amount of class, from a fanbase that hasn't exactly made that its calling card. I salute you, @baylorprof

I'm still reeling from the news. Kim's tenure at Baylor defined an era — for a school, for a city, for an entire sport. Kim was an unheralded first-time head coach when she arrived in Waco, still best known for as the point guard in pigtails in those classic powder blue LaTech uniforms. So much has happened in the 21 years since.

I do hope you'll stick around. Don't be a stranger as Baylor makes its way in the post-Mulkey era.

Reaction Score
Coach Kim is probably on the phone calling Cardoso telling her she does wonders with Bigs ...and she does

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The question is whether Kim is running home to Louisiana , or running away from battling Vic Schaefer in Texas for the best talent. Mulkey is a great coach and will certainly elevate LSU. But at the same time Baylor will suffer from her absence and Schaefer's presence at U. of Texas.
Mulkey leaving Baylor has nothing to do with Texas or Vic Schaefer. From what I've read on Baylor's message board, I can summarize by saying she just didn't get along with her A.D.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Geno will be challenged next year with his roster size. Speaking of roster size, I saw on Volnation that LSU has a full roster of scholarship players now with six freshmen recruits on the way. The talk of Baylor transferees is way premature. LSU would have to have significant transfers out to accommodate the Baylor players. Stay tuned.....
or recruits decommit, which is a nice way to say have their offers rescinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom